Dog's Celestial Challenge

Guest [Deleted User]

Did they tweak this one? First couple of days this would spawn MASSIVE crowds of veteran enemies, even 3 or 4 players on a point would likely lead to a death or two, and forget soloing for long. It was actually kinda fun - it didn't prevent completion of the event, because no matter how many enemies were in the circle you got capture credit as long as a player was alive in the circle. But it added some excitement. Today it was back to 3-4 easily killed/cc'd vets. Too bad. :/

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:Did they tweak this one? First couple of days this would spawn MASSIVE crowds of veteran enemies, even 3 or 4 players on a point would likely lead to a death or two, and forget soloing for long. It was actually kinda fun - it didn't prevent completion of the event, because no matter how many enemies were in the circle you got capture credit as long as a player was alive in the circle. But it added some excitement. Today it was back to 3-4 easily killed/cc'd vets. Too bad. :/

I noticed that only one point had an overwhelming number of mobs, whereas another point had almost zero. This occurred today, as well as yesterday.

It was fixed on the 3rd: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-02-03

Apparently the huge packs of enemies were unintended. Which surprised me a bit, I'd been hit by one of them (and died) and didn't think much of it, except that it's maybe supposed to discourage spreading out to capture all the points at once because there's no way someone could do that one solo. But if it was just the one point being affected that would be pretty unfair for anyone who happened to pick that one.

I was a little disappointed when this got fixed. I've posted before about wanting more horde gameplay. To that point, some of the dragon response missions are getting there, though destroyers aren't the most interesting mobs in the world. Forging steel is good, as are the gates of Arah and that forgotten city in Istan.Again, was not mad at this bug, but then again I was playing mirage with jaunt equipped.

bugs/dis-tweaks include, and are not limited to:

• A several second delay on the first Rabbit gate
  • Inconsistent, to no, credit during the Rooster challenge
  • Bugged spawnage during Dog's
  • Random directions during Dragon's jumping
  • Random damage during Ox' challenge (sometimes you'll barely scratch a target, sometimes you'll completely destroy it)