Central Tyria "Mastery Popups"

A quick Google search will show you that I'm not the only one who's had to suffer with this issue over the literal years, and based on my searching the only thing I've read or seen is "Just ignore it", however, these popups are "tutorial" style popups. They're literally designed to draw attention to themselves. Not to mention, they appear DIRECTLY over the default placement of the chat/combat log, so, if the advice is to "just ignore them", I'd also have to completely ignore the entire social aspect of the game, since my chat box would be perpetually covered by a "tutorial" text box and a moving, flashing and shining arrow directing me to click a little box.

What popup am I referring too, you may ask? Why that insanely annoying "Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master!" popup showing up after EVERY "combat".Kill a mob, congratulations, you win some xp...and a popup! ^~^Take some fall damage, even if your on a mount? CONGRATULATIONS! You win a popup!Try doing dungeons to earn some bloody mastery points so I can unlock the next rank and make the stupid popup go away? You win a popup!Fight a world boss and during the fight somehow exit combat for a split second during a phase change or boss invulnerability phase? YOU WIN A POPUP!Ride your mount in town and take a TINY bit of fall damage from a jump? You guessed it, YOU WIN A POPUP!

I'm a disabled combat veteran, somehow surviving both Operation Iraqi Freedom, as well as Operation Enduring Freedom. As a result, I have severe PTSD and legitimate anxiety issues.. None of that "lets say I have anxiety so I can get meds and/or attention" nonsense. This popup is WRECKING my anxiety. It's making the entirety of Central Tyria virtually unplayable for me, as I'm fighting more with a popup than I am with mobs.

Earlier today, thanks to some friendly people in a guild I joined, we worked for a few hours to get me enough Mastery Points to max out the Pact Master track - I already had two banked mastery points, guildies helped get 5 more, and then I battled the popup on my own through a Living World season 2 chapter to get the last point on my own. I had heard a rumor that finishing the Pact Master track would fix the issue. It did...until I did another world boss and earned myself two more Mastery Points. Now I get a brand NEW popup every time I exit combat or take fall damage, "You should begin training another mastery ability. Any experienced gained while not training an ability will be lost." I KNOW, and I don't care! I've already maxed the xp bars on both Legendary Crafting as well as Fractal Attunement, but I don't have enough Mastery Points to unlock the next rank of Legendary Crafting (needs 3, and I only have 2) - on top of that, I'd rather just ignore whole thing until I have enough mastery points to finish an entire track, since I KNOW that as soon as I finish a mastery track xp bar, I'm just going to get that stupid "Your ability is fully trained and ready to master!" popup again.

What do I need to do? Find a way to magically earn roughly 30 more Central Tyria mastery points on a character BELOW level 80?

For reference, I'm now Mastery Rank 26. I've completed the Pact Master track from Central Tyria, as well as completed the first rank of both Legendary Crafting and Fractral Attunement. I've completed Glider Basics as well as Updraft Use from HoT. As well as completed Ravenous Strike for the Raptor Mount in PoF. I think I've figured out how a completed experience bar works. I don't NEED a popup to remind me to spend mastery points that I don't even have. So, yeah, I've completed at least one mastery unlock for core and each of the expansions. WHY do I keep getting this stupid popup? How do I turn it off? How do I disable it? How do I make it go away? How do I.... Make. It. STOP!?

I've only been playing a week, total, and I'm trying to enjoy the game. And I'm succeeding....when I'm not battling with a completely annoying recurring popup spamming me every three and a half seconds. This feels like Fable..... "YOUR HEALTH IS LOW! DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS? OR FOOD?"

Outside of clicking the uninstall button, how do I make this revolting popup go away? Is this really the "reward" new players get for spending money on the game? I've got super fond memories of Guild Wars one, from probably around 12 years ago now. It was that nostolgia that convinced me to give GW2 a try - I'd wanted to try earlier, but I was kicking myself for forgetting my login infor for GW1, and really wanted the achievement rewards - and within a couple days I'd thought, "You know, ArenaNet was always good to me; the least I can do is actually purchase the game and not be a free leech". THIS, is my reward? THIS is my "thank you for your purchase"? An unrelenting bombardment of recurring tutorial popups with no way to disable them?

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've done several Google searches, I've asked guild members, I've asked in chat, I slowly combed through all the options that seemed even remotely relevant. Nothing seems to work. The only thing I see is to just get 49 Central Tyria mastery points to complete the entire mastery track, and/or "ignore it". However, yet again, this is a tutorial style popup.... It was literally designed to draw attention to itself. All I want is for this ridiculous message to stop appearing so I can actually enjoy the game. HOW do I do this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As it says in the description, I've done parts of both HoT and PoF. I got Glider Basics AND Updraft Use for HoT. Then I also completed Ravenous Strike on the Raptor track.

I have masteries unlocked and completed for Core, HoT and PoF. Yet I still get pop ups after EVERY combat and/or instance of fall damage.

For reference, I've;

Central Tyria1.) Completed Personal Story for Core/Central Tyria2.) Completed the entire Pact Master track for Central Tyria3.) Completed the first rank of Legendary Crafting for Central Tyria4.) Completed the first rank of Fractal Attunement for Central Tyria

Heart of Thorns (HoT)5.) Completed up to Prisoners of Dragons (6) for HoT6.) Completed Glider Basics and Updraft Use for Glider Trianing in HoT

Path of Fire (PoF)7.) Completed up to Blazing a Trail (2) for PoF8.) Completed Ravenous Strike for Raptor Training in PoF

Yesterday I submitted probably around 30-70 tickets about it. Every one with a screenshot, showing that it was popping up literally everywhere.

Know how tricky it is to open up the ticket, get a screenshot, set it to art/visuals, put in a title and description all while dodging AoE from a world boss? I, unfortunately, do now... and given that I've got a bit of nerve damage thanks to military service, it was probably harder for me than it would be for someone else.

• Confused 1

@"Gheist.1465" said:Yesterday I submitted probably around 30-70 tickets about it. Every one with a screenshot, showing that it was popping up literally everywhere.

Know how tricky it is to open up the ticket, get a screenshot, set it to art/visuals, put in a title and description all while dodging AoE from a world boss? I, unfortunately, do now... and given that I've got a bit of nerve damage thanks to military service, it was probably harder for me than it would be for someone else.

You need to use this link to get to right CS department: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sign in to your account again, as you will be asked to sign in again even when you are logged in to post here. Look up if there any known section before making a ticket and only follow up that ticket as creating a new ticket will reset it back in cue. If you loose link you will be able to find it by looking at this page at top field and see Support link above your ID as a darker red zone with some other game related options.

There are different way make screen shots today: from game, from apps that most video cards support their videocard with.

This link should show you default key bind for GW2: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Control_Options

Which is either and/or . More and more key bords don't have Printscreen keys, so F6 is there to make it possible to create screen shots. Nvidia's ShadowPlay (which is part of GeForce Experience app and offer an overlay feature where you set up key bind and also path to store both video and screen shots; you should find the same for AMD videocard).

To avoid misunderstanding the messages for New Player Experience (NPE) that you are seeing are those for Core Tyria Mastery Track which have finished when you get to Fractal Attunement as the last one. I have gained experience in Fractal Attunement even without playing Fractals, so it seem that you can gain experience in this last track without playing Fractals (might be from Dragon Rescue Mission as it instanced event and in Private (where are supposed to bring a Party up to 5 person), but I don't know for sure, only that I haven't played Fractal's at all in this game.

In communication with CS use NPE as it the orange small, but annoying pop ups on screen to help/guide new players. Use GW2 wiki to first make sure that have understood how Mastery tracks work and use links to point out how far you have come in tracks. (As for Central Tyria track you use the last one which is Fractal Attunement as you need to have completed all other before you get access to that track and can at last stage put point from Mastery Insights into it. Same for all other tracks, so you don't need to spend time explaining each track, just the last one or the highest one with most points.

While waiting you could also do repair of your client, if you haven't tried that to see if it resets everything to default (you loose all you key binds and changes in Options). Do a search from Google or any search engine and you should find instructions on how to do this.

FYI all new characters will have NPE flash up, so can not avoid this to happen even when you fast level up with level 80 booster, use Experience scrolls or any methods which brings your character to level 80 faster then from playing game and level up step by step. When you character reach level 80 it will start to gain Mastery experience instead and most of these NPE can be just ticked away after that (only show once).

Hope you issue will be solved.

• Confused 1

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@"Gheist.1465" said:Yesterday I submitted probably around 30-70 tickets about it. Every one with a screenshot, showing that it was popping up literally everywhere.

You need to use this link to get to right CS department:

Sign in to your account again, as you will be asked to sign in again even when you are logged in to post here. Look up if there any known section before making a ticket and only follow up that ticket as creating a new ticket will reset it back in cue. If you loose link you will be able to find it by looking at this page at top field and see Support link above your ID as a darker red zone with some other game related options.

There are different way make screen shots today: from game, from apps that most video cards support their videocard with.

This link should show you default key bind for GW2:

Which is either and/or . More and more key bords don't have Printscreen keys, so F6 is there to make it possible to create screen shots. Nvidia's ShadowPlay (which is part of GeForce Experience app and offer an overlay feature where you set up key bind and also path to store both video and screen shots; you should find the same for AMD videocard).

To avoid misunderstanding the messages for New Player Experience (NPE) that you are seeing are those for Core Tyria Mastery Track which have finished when you get to Fractal Attunement as the last one. I have gained experience in Fractal Attunement even without playing Fractals, so it seem that you can gain experience in this last track without playing Fractals (might be from Dragon Rescue Mission as it instanced event and in Private (where are supposed to bring a Party up to 5 person), but I don't know for sure, only that I haven't played Fractal's at all in this game.

In communication with CS use NPE as it the orange small, but annoying pop ups on screen to help/guide new players. Use GW2 wiki to first make sure that have understood how Mastery tracks work and use links to point out how far you have come in tracks. (As for Central Tyria track you use the last one which is Fractal Attunement as you need to have completed all other before you get access to that track and can at last stage put point from Mastery Insights into it. Same for all other tracks, so you don't need to spend time explaining each track, just the last one or the highest one with most points.

While waiting you could also do repair of your client, if you haven't tried that to see if it resets everything to default (you loose all you key binds and changes in Options). Do a search from Google or any search engine and you should find instructions on how to do this.

FYI all new characters will have NPE flash up, so can not avoid this to happen even when you fast level up with level 80 booster, use Experience scrolls or any methods which brings your character to level 80 faster then from playing game and level up step by step. When you character reach level 80 it will start to gain Mastery experience instead and most of these NPE can be just ticked away after that (only show once).

Much of this information is incorrect.

Repairing your client will not reset everything to default. You can try repairing the client; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below.

No one need play Fractals to gain Core Tyria XP for 'Fractal Attunement' or any other Core Tyria Mastery Track. Fractal Attunement can be trained before other Core Tyria Mastery Tracks; there's no specific order.

Not sure what NPE has to do with communicating with the CS Team. I'm sure OP knows the difference between the 2 pop-ups.

Using a L80 Boost does, indeed, bypass the NPE Level-up rewards. A player can not receive both the L80 Boost rewards, and the NPE Level-up rewards.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Masteryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost#Notes

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Gheist.1465 said:Yesterday I submitted probably around 30-70 tickets about it. Every one with a screenshot, showing that it was popping up literally everywhere.

You need to use this link to get to right CS department:

This link should show you default key bind for GW2:

Much of this information is incorrect.

Repairing your client will
not
reset everything to default. You can try repairing the client; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link above/below.

No one need play Fractals to gain Core Tyria XP for 'Fractal Attunement' or any other Core Tyria Mastery Track. Fractal Attunement can be trained before other Core Tyria Mastery Tracks; there's no specific order.

Not sure what NPE has to do with communicating with the CS Team. I'm sure OP knows the difference between the 2 pop-ups.

Using a L80 Boost does, indeed, bypass the NPE Level-up rewards. A player can not receive both the L80 Boost rewards, and the NPE Level-up rewards.

Good luck.

What is your problem @Inculpatus cedo.9234? Why are you only criticize my post instead of helping @Gheist.1465? Maybe you should re-read when I explain that I never done any Fractals and still gained experience in Fractal Attunement track instead of jumping to conclusion like you are doing right now? I talk about my own experience as player of this game and how things work from my PoV.

Also every Mastery track are built on that you have unlocked and completed earlier tier before you can train next tier so instead of listing all earlier steps it is enough to explain that one have finished the highest tier for that track with Fractal Attunement Mastery track instead of listing Pact Commander and Legendary Crafter as you need to have put points in those before getting experience to Fractal Attunement or being able to unlock it by using Mastery Points into it. Are we now clear what my intention with this was? To cur down unnecessary information to CS about every step when one can tell what is the highest tier for that Mastery.

I mentioned that @Gheist.1465 should check how repair works as there is information on Support (which I also explained is above on these pages). As for key bindings or any other setting in Option that might have been changed that aren't default it is always best to make sure one actually know what settings one had before one trust what might be stored in a Cloud, if something happens that one where not expecting.

The way you, @Inculpatus cedo.9234, now are communicating right are in very patronizing way when someone actually try to help here on forum and put time to actually provide some sources and links. If you are so smart, why don't you even try to explain to @Gheist.1465 what to do to get rid of all those pop ups? After all that is what this post started with and why I put up a link to CS as poster had already sent bug reports from game as far as understand it.

• Confused 1