Astralaria collection vol. 1 timegate

Ruppo.5273

Zinn's prize student is an achievement required for first collection of Astralaria legendary quest, which is completed by buying 12 books from an npc in Rata novus.The problem is you can only buy ONE of them PER DAY. What's the point of the stupid timegate for something as irrelevant as BUYING AN ITEM FROM a FUCKING vendor, while it already requires TONS of mats, hours in WvW, and 50+ timegated daily crafts. I get the crafts, but the fucking books, seriously?

So anet said that making collections for 2nd batch of legendaries is too time consuming, so they opted for the "mystic curio" variant instead, so you don't have to do the achis. But with this methods, people got the new legandaries on DAY ONE of the release. So where's the logic behind a legendary being gated for 12 days FOR A FUCKING BOOK, while others can be crafted in the first day?

Fix this god awful shit

@"Ruppo.5273" said:Zinn's prize student is an achievement required for first collection of Astralaria legendary quest, which is completed by buying 12 books from an npc in Rata novus.The problem is you can only buy ONE of them PER DAY. What's the point of the stupid timegate for something as irrelevant as BUYING AN ITEM FROM a kitten vendor, while it already requires TONS of mats, hours in WvW, and 50+ timegated daily crafts. I get the crafts, but the kitten books, seriously?

So anet said that making collections for 2nd batch of legendaries is too time consuming, so they opted for the "mystic curio" variant instead, so you don't have to do the achis. But with this methods, people got the new legandaries on DAY ONE of the release. So where's the logic behind a legendary being gated for 12 days FOR A kitten BOOK, while others can be crafted in the first day?

Fix this god awful kitten

I just completed that 12 gate time-gate myself: Was same as you a little peeved at first as had no clue about it, and putting a simple time-gate over 12 days to log a character and buy 1 item from NPC I couldn't understand why this function makes anything MORE Legendary but like the Wayfarer's Henge time-gate, and all other time-gate collections I fairly certain Anet do this for a particular reason, just the same as all the other clever little subliminal log-in reasons there are. I think its just a ploy to drag something out to keep players logging in more, to keep them coming back etc. etc. like " kitten I don't have much time today to play, but i MUST login for Daily XYZ reasons else I'm going to miss out". It's like the 1st Rule of MMO Business: Keep players playing over a longer period as possible, attract as many new players as possible, retain curent player-base as much as possible, keep them challenged, keep them addicted to all the Daily/Weekly stuff we all do = More Gemstore Purchases.

Personally as much as i was a bit agrieved with it, it's been the same for every other player that has done Astralaria, and that's the way i think its going to stay. Look at this way, its seconds to log-in a toon parked at that NPC, log-out, and just gives you another 12 days of sorting all the other stuff needed: T6, Clovers, etc etc.

Don't give up on it, just chip away at it, and you'll get there in the end :wink:

Thanks for your reply, and i understand the fact that things should be spread out, and some time-gates are completly justified for market/ map currency 's sake. But something AS FUCKING RETARDEDLY DUMB as clicking on 1 npc just astounds me. Specially due to the fact that i have EVERYTHING else except for the collections completed. Tbh it makes me NOT want to play, instead of the "hehe cant wait to buy the 1 stupid thing tomorrow".

Some of the rationale for time gates is to stretch out the content as it is just released, and in the case of legendaries or things that require materials, to reduce the spike in prices. If Anet released a non time gated legendary tomorrow that used a lot of materials, those materials would like spike in price as everyone wants to be the first to complete it.But after a few months, this timegating seems unnecessary, and really becomes annoying. This is especially true for time gates that require some amount of activity - if you are in a situation where you really only have time to play a couple days a week, but a time block of several hours to play, this makes it harder to complete something vs someone who can play every day for 30 minutes - even though the weekly play time in both cases may be about the same.It seems like the game already adds things to encourage daily playing (login reward, daily achievements) - if those are not getting people to log in, I doubt the time gates are adding much.