New major GM trait idea

OriOri.8724

This will definitely need its own tuning and balancing, but it might be a band aid solution to a problem we all face about clone generating skills over-writing phantasms.

A new GM major trait:

• If you use a clone summoning skill when you have 3 phantasms out, the clone is automatically and immediately shattered using MW's attack, not destroying a phantasm in the process

For balance it would probably have to be exempt from shatter traits, and I'm not sure how it would work on the technical side. But it would allow you to keep 3 phantasm up, and still use clone generating skills without destroying a phantasm. The reason its a major trait is because there are some times where you might want clones out instead of phantasms (namely, if you insist that IH is a good trait and want to use 3x clone ambush attacks......), so putting it as a major trait gives you the ability to control whether you want this or not. Thematically this should go in the Illusions line, but that would take some reshuffling, so I'm not quite sure right now where it would go. I know its not the best solution, but I do think its better than nothing.

I like the effect idea, might need changed a little for implementation. Probably something like "clones do not spawn once you have 3 active illusions, instead you perform an aoe around you (equivalent to a mind wrack)." They have the tech to do this (from scepter auto replacing a clone skill with a new attack) but don't have the tech to spawn a 4th clone which does not over write one of the current 3. Would need a bit of work because it would need every clone generator to have the secpter 3 treatment.

Though be prepared for Mirror Images QQ xD

@OriOri.8724 said:Oh I like that, no clone at all just have a weaker MW trigger at your location. And yea mirror images could be a problem, so maybe it should only apply to weapon skills?

Well no one uses Mirror Images atm really so maybe try it first? Might be fun for a month or two before nerf hammer. Or give it an ICD.

An ICD would defeat the point of the trait though, as its only purpose is to allow you to use your clone generating weapon skills without overwriting a phantasm. It honestly doesn't even have to be that strong of an attack, as long as it allows you to keep your 3 phantasms out and still use clone generating weapon skills

@OriOri.8724 said:An ICD would defeat the point of the trait though, as its only purpose is to allow you to use your clone generating weapon skills without overwriting a phantasm. It honestly doesn't even have to be that strong of an attack, as long as it allows you to keep your 3 phantasms out and still use clone generating weapon skills

I mean like a 0.5sec ICD specifically to deal with Mirror Images.

I still hope we'll see phantasms reworked (very unlikely), but if not, then OP's idea is very nice.

I came up with a more "defensive" version of this trait. It could replace Protected Phantasms in Inspiration line:If you have 3 illusions up, whenever you would summon a clone, fully heal all existing illusions instead and give them protection (1.5 sec)

But how would these work with Sword 3 tho? I mean, in pvp you have 3 illusions up sometimes, and it would suck if you wouldn't be able to use sword 3 then. So maybe the trait should work only when you have 3 phantasms up, not 3 clones. Not sure.

The trait would only work if you have 3 phantasms up, and yes it would prevent you from using Sword 3 to chain to Swap. Which is part of the reason its a major trait, to give you the ability to control whether you want to use it or not.

Alternatively, we could get a 4th slot that is for clones only, this way if you have 3 phantasms out, a clone generating weapon skill will always fill the 4th clone only slot. But I don't think it should affect shatters

Archived