PvP Podcast Interview Power Mesmer Balance and Inhouse Events

JazzXman.7018

hi all :) in case someone is interested and wants to fill some lockdown time:

i got interviewed by the ArenaLabs Podcast guys about mesmer balance. Its a very long interview and im nervous as crazy and my english is kinda bad but i hope its still somehow interesting for some of you and it gets clear what im talking about. the biggest topic is the one dodge nerf from mirage, explaining mirage mechanics, the beauty of power mirage with all its active, cool and skillful outplay combos (also showing and explaining power mirage gameplay with ingame footage examples), so going rly deep into mirage mechancis to understand why the one dodge nerf is bad and a dumb down for the spec and the basic dodgemanagement. Also talking about some core/ chrono mesmer balance wishes and we also talk about what i like to play as a challenge player and also a short discussion about powerblock and daze mantra topic.

There is also a part 1 you can find on the ArenaLaps Podcast youtube channel just as a lot of other cool interviews of other pvp player incl a long interview with CmC and footage from the inhouses you might wanna check out too.

Consider to support the ArenaLaps youtube channel and join the inhouses (incl the inhouses discord). They are planning to do a lot of events to grow the pvp community with open for all inhouses but also high lvl 5v5 inhouses, also 1v1/2v2/3v3 inhouses and tournaments incl coaching for newer ppl wanna improve in pvp. The goal is to become a bigger community, less toxic and get higher quality games in ranked but also give ppl the incentive and connections to form teams for more competition in ats and upcoming tournaments (like MOTA 2). Inhouses and other events are open for all skill lvls (so no matter if you are new to pvp or a veteran you will find something to enjoy), we also try to keep a not toxic and relaxed atmosphere in which we all can have fun and train our pvp skills. Also check out the streams from Mighty Teapot, Roy, Grochaton and Blamthrax showcasting a lot of these events.

Twitch streams:

ArenaLaps: https://www.twitch.tv/arenalabs

MightyTeapot: https://www.twitch.tv/mightyteapot

Roy: https://www.twitch.tv/roy__

Blamthrax: https://www.twitch.tv/blamthrax

Grochaton: https://www.twitch.tv/grochaton

Link to join the inhouse discord: https://discord.gg/6n7ArYhYjF

greetings jazz o/

Loving the comments on the video. Couldn't have been easy doing your first interview in a non native language, here's a tip for next time:

When you get asked a question ask for 10s to collect your thoughts, quickly write them down, then order them in a logical flow, this can help you come across more succinct and composed.

Always nice to see you playing Jazz, shame no music to add to my spotify list.

@Tulkas.2576 said:I’m definitely gonna listen to that!

im happy to hear that, i hope you can enjoy it :)

@apharma.3741 said:Loving the comments on the video. Couldn't have been easy doing your first interview in a non native language, here's a tip for next time:

When you get asked a question ask for 10s to collect your thoughts, quickly write them down, then order them in a logical flow, this can help you come across more succinct and composed.

Always nice to see you playing Jazz, shame no music to add to my spotify list.

big thx for listening and for the advice <3

and no worries my next vid will include music again hehe

@JazzXman.7018 said:i added an index/ timestamp comment under the interview vid part 2, so you can see when we talk about what and can right jump to the topics you are interested in

It was definitely a welcome change of opinion from convention about Infinite Horizon, most mesmers I believe want to keep that trait while regain the 2nd dodge and just nerf Ambush skills on the staff but as you correctly pointed out that trait just cheapen the whole class making it much more accesssible for better or for worst.

Although I cannot in good conscience suggest to remove IH when all other professions have similar cheapening traits/mechanics that make the respective class easier to play and such I tend to agree with other mesmers in reintegrating the second dodge and just nerf instead the ambush skills on staff and scepter or axe I can't remember now

All in all, you made me remember why I used to frown in my chair at the sight of a power mesmer...scary sight indeed, well played

@Supreme.3164 said:

@JazzXman.7018 said:i added an index/ timestamp comment under the interview vid part 2, so you can see when we talk about what and can right jump to the topics you are interested in

It was definitely a welcome change of opinion from convention about Infinite Horizon, most mesmers I believe want to keep that trait while regain the 2nd dodge and just nerf Ambush skills on the staff but as you correctly pointed out that trait just cheapen the whole class making it much more accesssible for better or for worst.

Although I cannot in good conscience suggest to remove IH when all other professions have similar cheapening traits/mechanics that make the respective class easier to play and such I tend to agree with other mesmers in reintegrating the second dodge and just nerf instead the ambush skills on staff and scepter or axe I can't remember now

All in all, you made me remember why I used to frown in my chair at the sight of a power mesmer...scary sight indeed, well played

first of all thx for watching :)im not sure if you just understood me wrong when it comes to ih or if i just understand you wrong now. imo ih is not the problem for anything. the roots of the problems are in the condi ambush design (not being mainly utility based and ih also should be a pure utility trait what you can do by designing clone ambushes in that way). ih is quite the opposite, its even a good trait bc it add a lot more active and skillful combos and outplay moves (as long as ambushes are designed well/ correct) and with that adds way more skill requirement but also more incentive/ need to dodge offensive what balance out/ trade off/ limit the usage of the very strong defensive mc abilities (dodge while stun, covercasting). power ih mes proves that pretty well, thats why i understand even less that anet balance only cares for condi mirage while the mechanic for condi failed so hard that they had to butcher, contradict and dumb down the whole spec to make condi mirage not broken.