Guild Siege Crafting (bit of a rant)

Zboard.5019

Hello, im posting this because i find a torture/stupid the mechanic behind making guild siege, and cant wrap my ahead around it to see the beneficts of forcing one or few people to sit at GH for hours to craft a decent amount for your guild to use in WvW for some weeks. Anet said they didnt put a TP in GH because they didnt want people to just sit there, but with this mechanic they are enforcing the opposite. I just cant understand why it is how it is, slow and laggy and sooo limited. Why cant i just put 1000 guild rams on queue, same time, but not having to sit my ass there and having to add new items to the queue EVERY 5 MINUTES.An idea: Make guild siege so you cant buy/sell it(Guild Bound?) and improve the guild siege crafting mechanic, because its actually a torture and im sure there are 'bots' to relieve this, and i dont blame them, its stupid having to sit there for hours... very interactive. This only beneficts the 'bots' that are probably 24/7 crafting siege and selling on tp, i guess, if that even exists/is profitable compared to other activitiesOr maybe just make the queue up to 1k items, so i can go, click, and then go with my guildies and have some fun instead of being jailed in gh every few weeksYeah i can buy from TP, but this only beneficts siege crafting bots, if they exist and tbh is a stupid system and shouldnt be defended, imo

Resume: I like the idea of crafting the siege for my guild, but not in its actual state, very limited and laggy, eating hours of my play time, which makes crafting it a nonsense, which beneficts (this is my guess) bots that sit in a gh crafting it, since they dont get reported there and get a decent profit selling it

I agree with the annoyance of the assembly device. All I want to be able to do is instantly queue, say up to 50 items, and not have to stand there manually adding them. There are a couple of us who scribe for our WvW guild, and I am trying to be more proactive with scribing just so that the main scribe isn't the one having to do all this.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I'm confused. What do the queue limits for guild siege have to do with the TP? It sounds as if someone is upset and arbitrarily taking it out on those who sell siege using a baseless claim that they're all bots.

No, i have nothing against real people selling them, but against the actual mechanic that favors bots(in case they exist), because its a torture to sit in gh adding items to the queue every 5 minutes. But the main point is: The guild siege mechanic should be reworked/revamped so is not as obnoxious as it is. Is stupid to ask people to sit on gh adding items to a very very very limited queue, considering how long it takes. I dont mind if they keep 30s per plan, but at least let me queue 500 catapults and actually go and play the game...

@Zboard.5019 said:I dont mind if they keep 30s per plan, but at least let me queue 500 catapults and actually go and play the game...

I think this is the real point, and I find it quite reasonable to ask for. It's like ANet... doesn't care about guilds or WvW! What a surprise.

Seriously though, I think this change would be a good thing. I don't even do Guild Siege manufacturing, but I can easily imagine what a pain it would be.

Anyone in the guild can Que blueprints up. I make it so people in the guild pop into the hall, que up 10, go play, and at the end of the night, que up 10 more.

I would LOVE to be able to que up all I made, but considering the most we get for guilds or guild halls is new deco’s, I don’t see it happening.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I'm confused. What do the queue limits for guild siege have to do with the TP? It sounds as if someone is upset and arbitrarily taking it out on those who sell siege using a baseless claim that they're all bots.

I think they trying to point out the irony of not putting trading post in guildhall because not wanting players to spend a ton of time there yet being fine with implementing the processing of guild siege in such a way that cause the scribe to spend a ton of time there.

@"LetoII.3782" said:They're meant to be rare. If you're using hundreds of siege a night superior is for you.

Do you have access to the design documentation? We don't know what they're "meant" to be, we only know what they ARE.If they're meant to be rare, then they'd be made from expensive materials. If materials become cheap over time, that's on Anet.

If I'm to be frank, I'd say it's yet another symptom of WvW not getting enough attention.

When they designed and released scribing, they had a feature called Resonance, which would reduce processing times. When they decided to remove Resonance, they never reduced the processing times to compensate, so now we have literally no way to speed it up. Because no one at ANet seems to care about WvW or guilds as a system, we have the current torture of siege processing. I know my guild would gladly be sinking gold for Resonance into speeding up the queue. That being said, I'd rather see the queue not be a thing at all but removing it would probably cause a black hole to open in the middle of EBG or some similar crap because spaghetti code. Bringing back Resonance and making it buyable again would just be re-adding an existing feature. Although that might end up deleting everyone's infusions or something, idk.Quite honestly, guilds as a whole need a rework, as does scribing to a certain extent.

@Svarty.8019 said:

If I'm to be frank

Well, Frank.What would be the point of superior siege if guild varieties were just as plentiful?

What's the point in vanilla siege now that superior siege is ubiquitous?

It's cheaper for less strength.Guild siege is superior for vanilla cost.Best of both, but harder to acquire because of the timegate.

@"Bellatrixa.3546" said:When they designed and released scribing, they had a feature called Resonance, which would reduce processing times. When they decided to remove Resonance, they never reduced the processing times to compensate, so now we have literally no way to speed it up. Because no one at ANet seems to care about WvW or guilds as a system, we have the current torture of siege processing. I know my guild would gladly be sinking gold for Resonance into speeding up the queue. That being said, I'd rather see the queue not be a thing at all but removing it would probably cause a black hole to open in the middle of EBG or some similar kitten because spaghetti code. Bringing back Resonance and making it buyable again would just be re-adding an existing feature. Although that might end up deleting everyone's infusions or something, idk.Quite honestly, guilds as a whole need a rework, as does scribing to a certain extent.

I am one of two scribes in my guild. We are not a large guild and use guild catas quite frequently (we call them crack catas for a reason) so we can hit objectives fast. Which means I spend quite some time at the device making and queuing siege.

I have to agree with some type of rework to the system. We already got the ability to get tactics out of a box, maybe bring back a modified version of resonance. My guildies would be more than happy to do something like this if it meant I didn't complain every time I had to make siege. XD

The device was re-implemented almost as soon as it was implemented, but sadly didn't get looked at since.

It reminds me of the way you can't "use all" on the WvW Guild Tactics/Upgrades you can choose in Skirmish Chests.When I mentioned this to the devs on the livestream, they said you CAN...... but obviously they meant you can Use All the things you buy from the merchant, but the things inside them can't be ADDED to your guild storage in a pile, so you end up clicking over and over.The game is really big and the devs just don't SEE stuff because they're so busy trying to come up with some "suprise and delight" guff for yet another new PvE map. The Device is one of those things that gets overlooked. Constantly.

@SwankyMutt.9521 said:I am one of two scribes in my guild. We are not a large guild and use guild catas quite frequently (we call them crack catas for a reason) so we can hit objectives fast. Which means I spend quite some time at the device making and queuing siege.

I have to agree with some type of rework to the system. We already got the ability to get tactics out of a box, maybe bring back a modified version of resonance. My guildies would be more than happy to do something like this if it meant I didn't complain every time I had to make siege. XD

Having been one of the scribes in my guild in the past, I feel you so much on this and know the pain that our current scribes go through spending literally hours even making small amounts of siege. Processing is a killer and takes way too much time, even if you have the ability to watch stuff on another screen/tabbed out while you do it. I don't think ANet fully understands that the processing times for the WvW queue are stupidly long and that we already have the siege cost a good amount to make because of Badges of Tribute. The value of those is enough to keep the value of guild siege high if that's what they want, without adding a time factor into its worth.

I'd love to see the ability to add guild siege to the guild panel like with ascended food at the tavern too, which would be really useful for guilds that aren't max level because they're new or taking a long time to get there. Ditto spirit banners and heroes banners, as well as increasing/abolishing the cap on the number of banners you can store in the consumables panel. If we can have over 1k guild siege ACs in there, why can't we have 50+ heroes banners and the ability for members to deposit those mediocre banners we get from community rewards and the like? I mean, the system is already there for ascended food, much like the ability to modify processing times exists because Resonance was a thing in the past.

pulls hair out in frustration

@Svarty.8019 said:

If I'm to be frank

Well, Frank.What would be the point of superior siege if guild varieties were just as plentiful?

What's the point of common gear when pretty much nobody should be really using it regardless of character level anyways?Beacuse it's an option, it's there, you can use it for whatever reason, but you absolutely don't need to use it. In case you're using it, the mere fact that's "it there" is irrelevant to anyone, so what's the point of asking this question? Don't want/need to use it? Then don't. Someone might want to -who cares.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

If I'm to be frank

What's the point of common gear when pretty much nobody should be really using it regardless of character level anyways?Beacuse it's an option, it's there, you can use it for whatever reason, but you absolutely don't need to use it. In case you're using it, the mere fact that's "it there" is irrelevant to anyone, so what's the point of asking this question? Don't want/need to use it? Then don't. Someone might want to -who cares.

Those things aren't the same. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

@Svarty.8019 said:

If I'm to be frank

Those things aren't the same.

How are they not close enough in this comparison? They're in the game, there exist better versions of them and you pretty much don't need to use the weakest version at any point of the game. Just because you've linked "false equivalence" as a cheap way out of answering doesn't make it an actual false equivalence. The principle around existance of weakest version in both cases is pretty much the same. If you don't want to use them, then it's perfectly fine, but it's also irrelevant to those items existing in the game.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

If I'm to be frank

Those things aren't the same.

How are they not close enough in this comparison? They're in the game, there exist better versions of them and you pretty much don't need to use the weakest version at any point of the game. Just because you've linked "false equivalence" as a
cheap way out of answering
doesn't make it an actual false equivalence. The principle around existance of weakest version in both cases is pretty much the same. If you don't want to use them, then it's perfectly fine, but it's also irrelevant to those items existing in the game.

I admit it, I cheaped out on the answer and I also think some equivalence, but not as much as you're making out. The best gear doesn't get removed from the system when you use it, but guild siege does - although there is minor time-gating on the crafting side. It's just a messy analogy.

The time-gating/tedious nature of the queuing system is what the OP is unhappy about.I suspect they could

• make the window bigger and add more slots, OR,
  • make it instantly add them to guild decoration storage - (like racetrack parts do? But they're bought from a vendor and aren't crafted - so the bottleneck is where?).