Which Weapon Would You Like Warrior To Be Able To Use In End Of Dragons?

Heisen.2315

As long as the weapon makes me to want to equip it im fine with any. The reason I'd say staff over pistol, is because it's a two-handed weapon, which warrior has not received in any other spec and I'm afraid that pistols will feel like a slow-downed version of thief, with warrior mains saying that it's similar to the rifle and thus has not good enough range capabilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if they catered to both groups (in a way) and delievered a mid range 2 handed weapon in the form of shortbow. Now that would be interesting.

@"Mellow.7409" said:Since Daredevil staff didn't turn out so great I am more positive towards wielding pistol, also Quip and HOPE are both awsome legendaries.

Not just Thief, but every class who can use a staff... its just not a fun weapon on anyclass ive found personally.

I also made HOPE just for this elite spec ^^,

@Fueki.4753 said:Neither of them.

I want Warriors to get Javelins or throw Sceptres.

To be fair Anet could keep the spear fanboiis happy by providing spears in the form of a 'kit' or tie it in to the burst mechanic for X seconds have a throwable spear.

I just hope Anet releases information soon about what the specs might have... even artwork for the hype train to start

FFXIV already started their hype train for their expansion this year. Anet, do your thing ... wait.. don't do your thing! Just remembered you're really bad at advertising your game. Do a new thing and start marketing!

@Smoosh.2718 said:

To be fair Anet could keep the spear fanboiis happy by providing spears in the form of a 'kit' or tie it in to the burst mechanic for X seconds have a throwable spear.

I just hope Anet releases information soon about what the specs might have... even artwork for the hype train to start

FFXIV already started their hype train for their expansion this year. Anet, do your thing ... wait.. don't do your thing! Just remembered you're really bad at advertising your game. Do a new thing and start marketing!

Yeah they need to start showcasing E-Specs as they finalize enough of each one.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Even Concept art, give the general basics. What weapon, art showing the class or how ever they design it. It is this kind of stuff that hypes people up.

They do not need to do a full on Video reveal for each class like they did in HoT. Image teasers create that sense of mystery and reveal bits about it... something anet really needs to start doing :C

The other remaining weapons are mostly magic-themed such as focus, staff (unless you use in melee similar to rev and daredevil), and trident. I don't think shortbow would be a good fit compared to pistol.

It would likely be offhand pistol though between those two choices. I don't think there's going to be another ranged warrior mainhand, there's one mediocre underperforming rifle for power and then the condi longbow.

I think it would be interesting to consider "What does the warrior profession need right now?" It has a spec that is DPS as well as condi DPS focused with Berserker, boon punish and interupter with Spellbreaker.

What direction or option should warrior have next? After considering that point, then it would make sense to consider what weapon works best. Any weapon can be made to fit just about any theme. Look at Revenants and Mesmer, they use martial weapons as long-range attack weapons.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Neither of them.

Even Concept art, give the general basics. What weapon, art showing the class or how ever they design it. It is this kind of stuff that hypes people up.

They do not need to do a full on Video reveal for each class like they did in HoT. Image teasers create that sense of mystery and reveal bits about it... something anet really needs to start doing :C

Anet puts their faith on mouth-to-mouth advertising with the pre-existing playerbase. The ship has sailed for Anet in terms of broad advertisement and promotion of the product. It is too late to generate hype for a game which is 9 years old. If the expac brings people in, it will most probably be old players who left at some point and may want to return, GW1 factions fans who will return for the nostalgia and maybe players from other MMOs who want to see what this expac feels like, so they can compare it to their main games (as tips and ideas for future releases).

I believe we were all surprised when they even revealed that they had an Expac in the works, but that most probably happened because players started getting quite dissappointed after Jormag Rising and the worst had yet to come in the form of Champions.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind at all if they posted teasers that may not even be the actual thing, but would be enough for us to speculate on.

P.S. Ever since Spellbreaker, I feel like they should also improve all warrior animations with EoD. Which they may hopefully do, if they got "so many" of their staff working on the Expac.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Anet puts their faith on mouth-to-mouth advertising with the pre-existing playerbase. The ship has sailed for Anet in terms of broad advertisement and promotion of the product. It is too late to generate hype for a game which is 9 years old. If the expac brings people in, it will most probably be old players who left at some point and may want to return, GW1 factions fans who will return for the nostalgia and maybe players from other MMOs who want to see what this expac feels like, so they can compare it to their main games (as tips and ideas for future releases).

I believe we were all surprised when they even revealed that they had an Expac in the works, but that most probably happened because players started getting quite dissappointed after Jormag Rising and the worst had yet to come in the form of Champions.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind at all if they posted teasers that may not even be the actual thing, but would be enough for us to speculate on.

P.S. Ever since Spellbreaker, I feel like they should also improve all warrior animations with EoD. Which they may hopefully do, if they got "so many" of their staff working on the Expac.

100% right on Anet being out of touch with marketing:

However, it doesnt mean dont publish images on their page, or even tiny teaser clips to egnite that hype train once again. All they need to do is reveal a tiny bit and get the community talking, get them pumped and excited.

Also 100% agree here, animations on most classes need to be updated, most of them are jarring and over used. It would be amazing to see an overhaul on all the animations, which would make the game feel refreshing once again even as an old time player.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

However, it doesnt mean dont publish images on their page, or even tiny teaser clips to egnite that hype train once again. All they need to do is reveal a tiny bit and get the community talking, get them pumped and excited.

Also 100% agree here, animations on most classes need to be updated, most of them are jarring and over used. It would be amazing to see an overhaul on all the animations, which would make the game feel refreshing once again even as an old time player.

lmao that trailer tho hahahhah. Although it feels oddly appropriate for 2012, when the internet and youtube didn't generate as much hype ( I assume they posted it on YT?). Anyway, there is a big possibility that they may still be in early development? That's why we don't get teases? It's february, so if they want to release EoD within this year, I imagine they may want for us to be hyped just before the release? Fr I don't know who is in charge of their amrketing team...

As for the animations, I can't speak a lot about the other proffessions, but you see how Primal Bursts and daggers/skills on SPB have those nice visuals and then you got all those dead swings from core weapons with no beauty at all...One can only hope.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

lmao that trailer tho hahahhah. Although it feels oddly appropriate for 2012, when the internet and youtube didn't generate as much hype ( I assume they posted it on YT?). Anyway, there is a big possibility that they may still be in early development? That's why we don't get teases? It's february, so if they want to release EoD within this year, I imagine they may want for us to be hyped just before the release? Fr I don't know who is in charge of their amrketing team...

As for the animations, I can't speak a lot about the other proffessions, but you see how Primal Bursts and daggers/skills on SPB have those nice visuals and then you got all those dead swings from core weapons with no beauty at all...One can only hope.

That trailer was embarrassing even for 2012 lol. An update to the EoD page, or even the main page of Gw2 would work. teasers of artwork on the new elite specs would get gaming websites talking.If they leak a tiny bit now, it would start the hype train for those who still havent noticed that there is going to be an expansion this year.

Also you know who the marketing guy is... Mr Poncho man, who would rather sell you Pop Viynls than market the game.

Sadly way too many of the skills share animations with other classes, its quite horrible seeing the same animation 6 times over on each class. one that deffo needs a change without question is Flurry (sword burst).

@"Mellow.7409" said:Scepter won't happenShortbow won't happen

If Thieves can hit people with Kasmeer's Staff, Warriors should have no problems throwing Sceptres around.I don't see why Warrior shouldn't be able to wield Shortbow either. Warrior has yet to receive any midrange weapon.

@Fueki.4753 said:

If Thieves can hit people with Kasmeer's Staff, Warriors should have no problems throwing Sceptres around.I don't see why Warrior shouldn't be able to wield Shortbow either. Warrior has yet to receive any midrange weapon.

Yeah, so obviously it will be pistol right?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, so obviously it will be pistol right?In terms of midrange weapons, Pistol has an 1/3 chance as it currently stands.

Sceptre throwing and Shortbow each have an 1/3 chance, too.And in my opinion, these fit GW2's Warrior much better.

But if Warrior gets Pistols, Arenanet ought to name it Soldier and the trade-off should be heaving to wear medium armour.