Open-world Weaver builds

TheAgedGnome.7520

Ele in general can be fragile, and Sword Weaver can be especially fragile, due to fighting in melee range. That probably dissuades many a would-be weaver. It dissuaded me for a long time. But if we don't min/max on gear, then its possible to be pretty resilient, yet effective and fun. Also, with more stat combinations available on the TP in exotics, weavers can experiment a bit more easily. So, I thought I'd start by posting my current open-world Weaver builds:

Berserker+Divinity runes with Cele/Crusader/Marshal trinkets; Earth+Air

• http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGxAYxjlZwuYZsI2JWUPlvLA-zRhYBRErKI8wgMcjSUQZERF0bKox0IgZAA-e
  • Written in Stone allows for wanton use of the actives for Signets of Restoration (3.5k heal),Fire (5.1k burn), and Air (AoE blind/vuln) while retaining constant healing, extra precision, and 25% speed boost.
  • Cleansing sigils are awesome; alas, they are account bound and require a 400+skill artificer/weaponsmith/huntman to craft. But its worth it.
  • Signet of Restoration relies heavily on the speed with which you cast; if you find yourself waiting on weapon skill cooldowns, its probably an indication that you aren't swapping attunements enough.

Same gear as above but with Earth+Water

Well, right now I only have two builds for weaver that I use in PVE.

(1): Fire/Fresh Air/Weaver in either full Berserkers or full Marauders. I change the utilities depending on how dangerous where I am going is, but at its most defensive I use Glyph of Storms + Arcane Shield + Stone Resonance. Marauder with Master's Fortitude has you sitting at about 20k health, which is enough for most PVE situations.

(2) Water/Fresh Air/Weaver in full Marshalls. Not sure which does more damage, Fire or Air, but I go with Fresh Air for ease of use. This is the imported set from WvW, but I discovered that the self-healing makes me incredibly hard to kill. It isn't so much about big bursts of healing insomuch as it is invulnerability by a thousand band-aids. I've only whipped this one out on a few occasions, but each time it has let me solo a champ that I otherwise couldn't on a berserker build.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Well, right now I only have two builds for weaver that I use in PVE.

(1): Fire/Fresh Air/Weaver in either full Berserkers or full Marauders. I change the utilities depending on how dangerous where I am going is, but at its most defensive I use Glyph of Storms + Arcane Shield + Stone Resonance. Marauder with Master's Fortitude has you sitting at about 20k health, which is enough for most PVE situations.

(2) Water/Fresh Air/Weaver in full Marshalls. Not sure which does more damage, Fire or Air, but I go with Fresh Air for ease of use. This is the imported set from WvW, but I discovered that the self-healing makes me incredibly hard to kill. It isn't so much about big bursts of healing insomuch as it is invulnerability by a thousand band-aids. I've only kitten this one out on a few occasions, but each time it has let me solo a champ that I otherwise couldn't on a berserker build.

"invulnerability by a thousand band-aids" - I love that phrase!

You reminded me of another variation of my builds. It's more for wvw, but is usable in open world, albeit lower damage. It's Marshal+Traveler runes armor w/mostly Cele trinkets, with Earth & Water traits. Utilities vary by need:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGxAwiZlVw8YUsI2JeyS7vVA-zRZYBRBUFkvriJDFUGRkC9WByPA-e

At this point you might slap anything and call it an open world build because there are far more effective builds than any of these. You can be resilient and still do insane damage, like on condi weaver and fun only depends on your skill choice, not traits, so might as well choose something with high synergy and effectiveness. Earth and water in the same build are good only on tempest that's trying to stay alive for a long time while supporting allies, it's a waste of breath in every single situation otherwise. When you use staff you don't benefit from a single earth trait to begin with.

"I want to be a tanky weaver in melee"Here: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGFBw2tjlZwuYaMJGJOKPmvbA-zxYUrgZhxjeoQYjToCCNFcYA-eDirt cheap, no Trailblazer needed, disgustingly resilient, hideously damaging, etc. Trailblazer's variant uses Undead runes. Consider Cleansing sigil in condition-heavier areas. Primary set is Sword, rotate through attunements regularly, camp any combination of fire and earth while in Primordial Stance, use elementals as needed.