Can we increase the drop rate on exotics in collections

Arcuss.6457

or make it craftable or change the item entirely...

I'm talking specifically about the exotic weapons required to complete the elite specialization collection weapons. Each collection has an exotic (located in the far left bottom row) that you can find or have to buy on the TP. Problem is because the drop rate is so rare they cost 80 gold on the TP. I can't even finish 1 collection because of this.

I personally like HoT collections more. They were more geared towards unlocking masteries rather than spending money and after unlocking all HoT masteries I've been able to complete most of the collections for the HoT elite Specialization. But i can't afford to even complete one collection on PoF. Plz fix.

There are currently only two of the named rifles on the TP at 78g a piece. Zojja's musket costs 20g less than that to craft. Not to mention the 16g and other currency required to craft the Mordant rifle for the collection, so it's more like 94g for the rifle, 36g more than a Zojja's musket.

Maybe the skin and achievement points are worth that much more but I really wish they hadn't introduced this TP element to the collections, the cost shouldn't be controlled by other players. I enjoyed the HoT ones a lot more.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:The droprate is fine if you ask me. If you want them faster, spend the gold on trading post for them. 50-70g is not a high price for a special ascended weapon.They're only going for the low price of 60-80g right now because a lot of people don't follow this advice.

Well I already did my part and did the sunspear collection on all accounts when the exotics were around 25g each and sold about 25 of them for about 25g each. Quite a loss for me now with the current prices :P

i was forced to buy them all due to the abysmal drop rates, i have yet to have a single one drop. it would even be better if you had to fight one of the legendary bounties for a reward. and all those people selling the, do they think they will get another drop to do their collection? highly unlikely.

@Arcuss.6457 said:I can't even finish 1 collection because of this.

If you finish the collection for the rare elonian weapons (costs less than 10g), you will be rewarded with a chest of the first spear, which gives you a choice of any of the 16 weapons of that set, including the 6 weapons you need for the 9 different elite spec collections.

So the current price of these weapons shouldnt be an issue for completing your 1st elite spec collection.

@Wanze.8410 said:

If you finish the collection for the rare elonian weapons (costs less than 10g), you will be rewarded with a
, which gives you a choice of any of the 16 weapons of that set, including the 6 weapons you need for the 9 different elite spec collections.

So the current price of these weapons shouldnt be an issue for completing your 1st elite spec collection.

I was not aware of this, thank you for the tip

@Wanze.8410 said:If you finish the collection for the rare elonian weapons (costs less than 10g), you will be rewarded with a chest of the first spear, which gives you a choice of any of the 16 weapons of that set, including the 6 weapons you need for the 9 different elite spec collections.

So the current price of these weapons shouldnt be an issue for completing your 1st elite spec collection.Too bad that I completed that collection early on, and simply chose the skin that I liked most (because those were still pretty much the same price in AH back then). And the one that I picked happened to be useless for collections.

@Wanze.8410 said:

If you finish the collection for the rare elonian weapons (costs less than 10g), you will be rewarded with a
, which gives you a choice of any of the 16 weapons of that set, including the 6 weapons you need for the 9 different elite spec collections.

True, but what about collections #2-6 (since some are doubled)? At the moment of writing this, It will cost $430 gold to complete these collections for all specializations, dropping the most expensive weapon, and the prices are only going up. I understand griffon being a gold limited prestige thing, but don't think that these weapons ought to be this expensive, effectively making specialization weapons mini legendary prestige items. They ought be able to be earnable, achievable, not adding a hefty purchase price to all the other work. We don't need more RNG/TP limited . . . well let me just type kitten here.

absoluitely agree with this proposal, have already indentified liek thousands of items, and havent yet seen for my main the needed exotic for the achievement drop, while havign had already a few exotics, but it where completely useless named exotics for me, that I didn#t need at all, basicalyl typical vendor trap that is for an exotic by like 1 to 2G or so or lesser by even now.

There should exist more way to obtain those exotics, than just only through buyign from the TP from greedy players for way too much gold ,than these items are worth it, or extremely rarely having eventually a chance to obtain them randomly out of an identified item, for which you need to use unitendified rare items just to have the biggest chances to obtain out of them also exotics, because all exotics i got so far out of unitendified items were always out of identifying rare items, not masterworks or common crap

ANet should add crafting recipes for those exotic e-spec collection weapons, so that there is also as alternative a way how you can just earn them by makign them yourself.Or bett,er Anet shoudl add additionalyl also mystic forge recipes.

Throw in an Elonian Skin Weapon, a few globs of ectoplasm, an Augur Stone and a Joko Weapon into the forge, and if both weapons are of thee same type, then you will receive as return also the exotic achievement colelction weapon of the same weapon type.

So if you want to go for the deadeye rifle weapon for example, youve to throw an Elonian Riflke, an Joko Minion Rifle, Ectos and an Augur Stone into the forge, and you'll receive the exotic rifle that is needed for the deadeye rifle collection to get the ascended rifle.Make then those exotic weapons unsellable.Peopel should earn them, not simply buy them from TP... sikmply buying new cotnent from Tp is just like rewardign players for being rich.. just bad game design

Additionally to this, Anet should add to Bounties as rewards chess as items that can drop, from which you can choose directly one of those weapons from, this would make bounties more rewarding, especially if the chance to receive these chanct slightly increases, so more bounties you make on a map continously, until a certain cap has reached. This way woudl have peopel then also a way to practicalyl farm exotics, which then in return coudl be thrown into the forge to have a chance at receivign precursors from zomorros for the first gen legendaries.

Fixing this and making thingss liek this more rewarding would be just a win/win for PoF maps

Archived