All about "BUYING" the game

Hello everyoneSo i have a couple of questions . A friend of mine is thinking of buying the game and the expansions ! I saw in the Shop that the standard collection it's up to 50 eu .Now my questions is once you but the standard collection you will have the base game too?OrIt's better to download the game and then buy the standard collection ?What are your suggestions about that ??

I don't believe there's a sale of any sort at the moment, so there's no urgency to buy. Your friend would be wise to download the core game for free and give it a try. You can encourage them to commit and buy PoF with HoT bundled in at that point. The web-store has S2 available to bundle as well, if interested. S3 is still by the episode with gems, as far as I know.

Again, with no sale, your friend doesn't need to buy right now. If they want to anyway, they will get the core game with the expansion(s).

Unfortunately you can't buy HoT and PoF expansions in stores: Anet only made digital copies. Have no idea why physical copies aren't available for "real" money. So if you don't have a credit card or visa i am afraid you can only play F2P base version of GW2.Oh, and btw, base game is for free, you don't need to buy it for 50 eu, that's an 5 year old version from shops, you don't need it unless you want a heroic version with additional bonuses.

You can also pay the game with PayPal in case you don't have a credit card.The core game is free, but limited. When you buy any expansion you get the full version of the core game as well. Additional extras can be bought via an in-game shop.

Like extra missions (Living World II pack) or a new cosmetic outfit for your character. Cosmetics are completely optional tho. You already can obtain a large selection of armor looks via the game itself.

Or find one of the authorized retailers here:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

You can download the core game for free.

Basically it's a try-before-you-buy as you only have access to pre-expansion content and have restrictions on your account: character slots, chat options, trade options etc.

As long as you are buying from authorized dealers you will always get access to the latest content which also provide access to previous sales. In this case by buying PoF you would get HoT and Core bundled into the purchase. It was the same buy model when HoT came out, and I'm assuming the model will persist with future expansions. As in Expansion 3 will include PoF, HoT, and Core.

The only urgency would be in regards to Living Story as content for that requires not only you have a purchased copy of the game but also being logged in when the in-game content is released. Currently, there is no new Living Story as content for that came out in the PoF Expansion.

Archived