Legendary insight & Legendary Divination(Message for developpers.

Arimus.8310

Hi, i'm writing here because that what customers support told me to do in order to contact developpers. I would like to suggest that these two items :Legendary insight and Legendary divination could be obtainable by more than only one way. See, the only way those are obtainable is by doing raids...wich i hate to do, and they are account bound on acquire. I'm a collector of all crafting material. I'm trying to gather all crafting material in the game as an personals achievement. But i'm a PVE player and i'm totally blocked by the way those materials are. Maybe you should put a way in PVE to obtain these materials? I understant that probably they are in the way they are now to push players to do raids but still...Well anyway, thanks to take time to read me and thanks for all your wonderful works that give us so much fun in these hard times of covid-19.

Regards

I am of the opinion that not every achievable thing should be available in every format. As a very casual PvE player, I know that there are many things that I will never acquire, especially something like this because I have no interest in raids. I believe that if a player wants certain items that require a particular format, then that player needs to engage in that format to obtain them.

It's a currency just like any other tied to a game mode.If you want some of that currency you're going to have to play that game mode, Just like how you need to do for Fractals, WvW or PvP.

I do think raids could be made more appealing to more of the player base since I see people wanting the Insights/divinations but not being able to get into the game mode for various reasons. But that's a whole other topic.

If they're not going to add different difficulty modes (with scaling rewards) to raids, then I'm 100% in support of adding LI and LD as rewards in other areas of the game. Maybe it'd take longer to get them, maybe you'd have to collect legendary shards or something to craft each LI/LD, but at least you could work at it while playing content that's more within your reach.

Either expand the audience of the content that provides the reward, or expand the content that provides the reward; that's my view.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:If they're not going to add different difficulty modes (with scaling rewards) to raids, then I'm 100% in support of adding LI and LD as rewards in other areas of the game. Maybe it'd take longer to get them, maybe you'd have to collect legendary shards or something to craft each LI/LD, but at least you could work at it while playing content that's more within your reach.

Either expand the audience of the content that provides the reward, or expand the content that provides the reward; that's my view.

There are raid encounters that newer players can do. Players can continue to do those in order slowly acquire LI. They could possibly use them as a stepping stone to do the other raid encounters.

Raids themselves are not out of reach for players. The reason raids appear to be out of reach is due to players’ choices/preferences.

Personnally, i've never seen any raids group that are noob open. They always say in the comment ''No Noobs!'' or things like that in the lfg. Plus i really don't know how to begin to prepare my character for raids+ i d'ont know how raids works but the fact that they are really tough and if you're not up to the task you get kicked out very rapidly by the others players...

@Arimus.8310 said:Hi, i'm writing here because that what customers support told me to do in order to contact developpers. I would like to suggest that these two items :Legendary insight and Legendary divination could be obtainable by more than only one way. See, the only way those are obtainable is by doing raids...wich i hate to do, and they are account bound on acquire. I'm a collector of all crafting material. I'm trying to gather all crafting material in the game as an personals achievement. But i'm a PVE player and i'm totally blocked by the way those materials are. Maybe you should put a way in PVE to obtain these materials? I understant that probably they are in the way they are now to push players to do raids but still...Well anyway, thanks to take time to read me and thanks for all your wonderful works that give us so much fun in these hard times of covid-19.

Regards

Honestly, they're worthless without Envoy armor and/or Coalescence achieve unlocks. Which would cost quite a pretty penny for earning if you paid someone else for help.

@"Arimus.8310" said:Personnally, i've never seen any raids group that are noob open. They always say in the comment ''No Noobs!'' or things like that in the lfg. Plus i really don't know how to begin to prepare my character for raids+ i d'ont know how raids works but the fact that they are really tough and if you're not up to the task you get kicked out very rapidly by the others players...

Heya! I train raids frequently, and there's a bunch of resources for getting into them! LFG is awful for new to raid players - I would recommend Raid Academy (if you are on NA) and Crossroads Inn (if you are EU) - these discord servers are filled with many friendly players helping others get into the game mode, and TONS of resources to make them accessible. Links to the servers can be found https://snowcrows.com/raids/training/ << here

https://www.snowcrows.com is a great place to get info regarding builds for every class, what classes do well on what encounters, as well as general rotation guides for how to play the classes in a raid setting.

Now that said, raids are challenging especially to new players to the mode, but not unattainable! It'll take some time and some work, but you can certainly get into it! Feel free to poke me if you have any additional questions regarding this!

@AgentMoore.9453 said:If they're not going to add different difficulty modes (with scaling rewards) to raids, then I'm 100% in support of adding LI and LD as rewards in other areas of the game. Maybe it'd take longer to get them, maybe you'd have to collect legendary shards or something to craft each LI/LD, but at least you could work at it while playing content that's more within your reach.

What portion of the playerbase would be interested in collecting crafting materials for the sake of collection? As Firebeard has already mentioned, LI and LD would not allow anyone who is not playing raids to create legendaries anyway.

I could write a whole paper on why they should be obtainable elsewhere (or offer a similar alternative), but what you said isn’t especially a valid reason as it’s basically “I want this but I don’t like that content, give it to me.” And yeah raids are really difficult to get into, even with several training groups at your disposal (source: that’s what I’m doing now), so I do agree these materials ought to be obtainable elsewhere, OR trade able on the TP.

@Katary.7096 said:

What portion of the playerbase would be interested in collecting crafting materials for the sake of collection? As Firebeard has already mentioned,
LI and LD would not allow anyone who is not playing raids to create legendaries anyway

Which is a pretty big issue.

If raids are unattractive to a large swath of players (which is why devs admitted they're not going to make any more for a while - we'll see if this changes with EoD), they should be trying to make raids more attractive. If they can't (or won't) do that, they should offer some other PvE path that ends with the same thing (Legendary Armor).

Right now, you don't just need LI to get the armor, but you also need to complete a series of tasks within each raid which.. well.. that's not happening if you're not raiding to begin with. You could potentially remedy that by making a second collection that isn't raid-related (expanding the content that provides the reward) or you could make raids more attractive to more people (expand the audience of the content that provides the reward).

I happen to think adding different modes of difficulty to raids (with scaling rewards) would be a much more sensible way to resolve the whole thing. Zoop through your legendary journey quickly on harder modes, or take your time on more relenting modes - I wager you'd see less threads like this one.

@"Arimus.8310" said:I admitt, maybe my collector OCD seem pointless to many ...i'm sorry . Maybe if the developpers could create a tab for matrerial that are for raids stuff and separate material for each mode?

Wont happen lindsey murdock have said its really hard if not impossible to change the material tab, that mean changing order adding or taking away.

EditGot the right link from Ayrilana.1396

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-en.gw2archive.eu%2Fforum%2Fgame%2Fgw2%2FWhat-s-Missing-from-Material-Storage%2Fpage%2F1

I can understand your issue, I avoided raiding until last November because I thought players were too toxic there (but I was wrong here). It is my goal to do all achievements and since I made a big progress by completing many achievements in the last years I've come to raids. So I started joining pug-groups because I had no LI and watched guide videos. The first raids were a disaster for me but the defeat made me learn the mechanics. After killing the first bosses I was so fixed on raiding and started questioning myself "how did I miss out on this for so long?". My LI count rose and I started joining groups that asked for 50LI even though I had less. It worked out well - the more LI you have the easier it is to find a group that completes the raid. By now I have more then 100 LI and raids - especially w1-w4 - don't seem so hard anymore (even without a raidguild).What I am trying to say is: the first step to raids is very tough but after you put effort in it the LI just fly to your account.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

Which is a pretty big issue.

If raids are unattractive to a large swath of players (which is why devs admitted they're not going to make any more for a while - we'll see if this changes with EoD), they should be trying to make raids more attractive. If they can't (or won't) do that, they should offer some other PvE path that ends with the same thing (Legendary Armor).

Right now, you don't just need LI to get the armor, but you also need to complete a series of tasks within each raid which.. well.. that's not happening if you're not raiding to begin with. You could potentially remedy that by making a second collection that isn't raid-related (expanding the content that provides the reward) or you could make raids more attractive to more people (expand the audience of the content that provides the reward).

I happen to think adding different modes of difficulty to raids (with scaling rewards) would be a much more sensible way to resolve the whole thing. Zoop through your legendary journey quickly on harder modes, or take your time on more relenting modes - I wager you'd see less threads like this one.

I am pretty sure you are going to win that wager. Apart from that though, you are missing the point. Perfected Envoy Armor and Coalescence are designed to be rewards exclusive to raid content, so of course people who do not play that content cannot get them. Same as Transcendence for ranked PvP, Aurora for LW Season 3, Vision for LW Season 4 and Conflux for WvW. And I doubt that the developers made raid content with the expectation that it would become one of the game's main pillars. They were likely aware that it is niche content and only serves to fill a gap in the game's assortment of content.

@Katary.7096 said:And I doubt that the developers made raid content with the expectation that it would become one of the game's main pillars. They were likely aware that it is niche content and only serves to fill a gap in the game's assortment of content.

You're saying raids, in their entirety, were purposefully made for a small amount of players? To me, that seems unlikely. That's a lot of effort for a niche.

If you ask me, ArenaNet wanted more people to be raiding, and their explanation of strike missions was 'look guys! a ramp to help you get into raiding!!'. When that didn't work, they switched over to Dragon Response Missions and Sunqua Peak (the upper level fractal) as additional ways of trying to get people into more 'challenging end-game content'.

I think they had every expectation that far more people would raid than the amount that actually do, and they're doing all the wrong things to try and make it happen.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:If you ask me, ArenaNet wanted more people to be raiding, and their explanation of strike missions was 'look guys! a ramp to help you get into raiding!!'. When that didn't work, they switched over to Dragon Response Missions and Sunqua Peak (the upper level fractal) as additional ways of trying to get people into more 'challenging end-game content'.

DRMs and Sunqua Peak are not replacements for strikes.