Provide indicators on whose portal we used

echosera.5497

This is not exactly a huge demand among the community, but it'd be great if there was an indicator that stated who owns the portal that we just used. There are way too many Mesmers who troll with their portals across several meta events in different maps, and it's gone way too annoying. The indicator could just appear on the boons/conditions area, it lasts for a few seconds before disappearing eventually. This fix could hopefully thin out the trolling Mesmers, as well as be extended to other items/skills used to troll others - specifically, the Aviator's Memory Box.

Sincerely, a frustrated Chronomancer.

This. The Guild [GOON] has a bunch of troll Mesmers that frequently and purposely ruin the experience of other players. So I think this feature should be implemented as well, however with that said, even if it was put in game, some people still might take it regardless. That’s why I can’t stress enough that people need to consistently report the players that are trolling with their portals.

• Haha 1

i am done with the Drakkar meta starting today. The day-in, day-out portal trolling that's killing people all the time is just ridiculous. Sorry, but i am not going to try and watch for every mesmer laying a portal and remember who did which one if it is a troll portal i took to try and report them. It's just not enjoyable on any level anymore. i am not going to hunt around for different time slots that don't have trolling, the trolls win by doing that too. Also, I have been stuck at 5 drakkar hoards total for months and do (did) the meta every day. Did Anet lower the drop rate?

• Like 1

It's definitely not the [GOON] guild that is doing this. I know them very well and this is not like them.

I agree that a portal indicator would be helpful. It's likely the same person every time who is laying down the Portal To Neverland and we have not been able to figure out who it is so far.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@"Mr Hinky.2159" said:It's definitely not the [GOON] guild that is doing this. I know them very well and this is not like them.

I agree that a portal indicator would be helpful. It's likely the same person every time who is laying down the Portal To Neverland and we have not been able to figure out who it is so far.

Clearly not well enough because I've been apart of MANY and I mean MANY boss events and I always see the same two Mesmers porting dozens of players to their deaths. So...if this is some way in "protecting" that guild, it's not gonna work and I suggest whoever is the Guild Leader to rectify such an issue....

As another note, yeah it's easy to say "well if those Mesmers got kicked from the guild, they can easily join another or simply do the same thing guileless." And this is where the indicator comes in as well as the reporting system.

Its honestly not even mesmers alot of the time anymore. If the portal is purple yes, but anyone can troll portal with the white mantle device.. but it makes a white/yellowish portal. Most don't notice the color though and mesmers get blamed though in Octovine and Chak meta I usually see the white mantle device portals.

Also don't forget about scourge or thief portals. Even if it there was a message that said whos portal it was, what will that do? Its not a reportable issue as far as I know (unless they port out of bounds.)

@LuRkEr.9462 said:Its honestly not even mesmers alot of the time anymore. If the portal is purple yes, but anyone can troll portal with the white mantle device.. but it makes a white/yellowish portal. Most don't notice the color though and mesmers get blamed though in Octovine and Chak meta I usually see the white mantle device portals.

Also don't forget about scourge or thief portals. Even if it there was a message that said whos portal it was, what will that do? Its not a reportable issue as far as I know (unless they port out of bounds.)

98% of the time it's a White Mantle or Mesmer portal. I rarely ever see a Thief portal and it's definitely not a necro port since their range isn't 5000 like ours and the thieves.