[sPvP] Sword/Dagger Daredevil

Sootser.9541

What’s your thoughts on S/D DD in the current meta?

I find it pretty good given the insane condition spam and burst that’s going on now. It is durable and can dish out a lot of damage. I also find people not knowing how to play against it as they’re too used to D/P or P/D in the current meta.

Been having a lot of fun and success with it lately ?

Edit: Forgot to add the build, so here it is.

So, do you roam, decap and +1?

Which dodge type do you use?

What about amulets, runes, traits and utility? :+)

I've also tried "off-meta" combinations lately to catch people off guard a bit... Such as D/P condi... (lol, I know) and it works really well as +1. Basically loading out conditions and some blinds and vuln, and 1-2 interrupt and my ally can finish him off while I start running to the next target.Aint the best, but it gets the job done, and I can run tankier stats.

@"Geiir.7603" said:What’s your thoughts on S/D DD in the current meta?

It is durable and can dish out a lot of damage.

It is neither durable nor does it dish out a lot of damage. There are certain classes and builds it can do a fine job of dueling against (favored-to-clearly-favored if you're good w/ it), and others are unkillable regardless of boon strip. If you compared s/d to, say, herald or soulbeast or burn guard, you'll notice it's far from "durable" - evasion does not count as durability; it counts as survivability. Pre-Feb 2020 patch this was an effective necromancer kill machine - now, thanks to the numerous base damage, scale and initiative nerfs, it takes quite a long time to kill a competent player.

After the recent changes the evasion time and mobility took a notable (noticeable) hit, and the build is riskier than before (which I don't mind much). Personally, I would've rather seen them change SoA into a single-target effect, or even raised the cooldown by 5 seconds instead of the 25 endurance nerf. D/p thief is still something of an achilles heel for this build.

S/d and d/p both scale with the user's experience and creativity. While thief has to exert more effort than a lot of the other classes, either build is an effective 'newbie stomper'. You'll have an easier time utilizing condi thief, though; a superiorly easier build with low skill floor and cap.

Roamer / decapper 1st, duelist and pest 2nd if you feel confident. Lot of people get salty when a thief T-bags on them 1v1.

@"Trianox.3486" said:So, do you roam, decap and +1?

Which dodge type do you use?

What about amulets, runes, traits and utility? :+)

I've also tried "off-meta" combinations lately to catch people off guard a bit... Such as D/P condi... (lol, I know) and it works really well as +1. Basically loading out conditions and some blinds and vuln, and 1-2 interrupt and my ally can finish him off while I start running to the next target.Aint the best, but it gets the job done, and I can run tankier stats.

Forgot to add the build. It's there now.

Roam, decap and +1 yes. Pretty much the basic thief rotation for sPvP. I've been seeing a lot of success with it :)

@"Geiir.7603" said:What’s your thoughts on S/D DD in the current meta?

I find it pretty good given the insane condition spam and burst that’s going on now. It is durable and can dish out a lot of damage. I also find people not knowing how to play against it as they’re too used to D/P or P/D in the current meta.

Been having a lot of fun and success with it lately ?

Edit: Forgot to add the build, so here it is.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAwiVlNwuYbsOGJOMXntUA-zZIPlMFB9KEiXBUwEQDDA

that's most likely a better buildbuild is fine, not the top performer but good in some situations, it requires good game awareness tho