30 10 0 20 10 engi was the peak of this game — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

30 10 0 20 10 engi was the peak of this game

ellesee.8297ellesee.8297 Member ✭✭✭

With the success of wow classic, let's make #gw2classic happen

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Doubt GW2 Classic would work due to the size of the playerbase and people not realizing exactly what things they would not have with classic.

• ellesee.8297ellesee.8297 Member ✭✭✭

They would have all the good stuff. None of the bad stuff. I'm not biased at all.

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wild ideas that don't put Anet ability and time in perspective.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have to admit that it wasn't.

• Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are this points used in the trait system?

• everyone crying for dhuumfire nerfs when it first hit the scene was the peak of this game. still have that tear bucket.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021

@Avatar.3568 said:
    Are this points used in the trait system?

It's the trait system that we had a launch.

Example: https://i.redd.it/4kgrx9vhxmd61.jpg

• Flumek.9043Flumek.9043 Member ✭✭✭

While im a necro 1trick since launch and its the game I enjoyed,
    I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.
    Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

hit for 3k with procs
    dodge
    doge
    swap to dagger, land 2x autos
    doge
    doge
    swap shroud
    doge
    evade
    dodge
    land shroud auto 4k , air 1k , fire 1k , spinal 4k
    sizer ded, me 3hp.

Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.
    So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.
    At that point, youre already playing something closer to HOT than vanilla gw2.

• Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭

I miss gems for amulets more than anything in PvP. Being able to customize your stats more was just better.

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭

@Flumek.9043 said:
    I doubt how long it would last. It was very punishing , 1-shoty and very "proc" based.

Air + fire sigil + dhuumfire = 3k dmg on a power necro attack thats meant to do 500 dmg.
    Add spinal shivers and I can already remember how a duel against the average sizer looked:

hit for 3k with procs
    dodge
    doge
    doge
    doge
    swap shroud
    doge
    evade
    dodge
    sizer ded, me 3hp.

Its a good equal matchup betweem 2 glass builds, but only cz both builds have unfair mechanics.
    So if you remove 1 stupid thing , which you 99% will have to, lets say the fire air procks , you then need to make necros actual weapon more reliable.

Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

PvP has always had it's share of kitten mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

• Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.
    Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

• Refresh my memory, this has to be the good old nades&toolkit engi right?

• Jekkt.6045Jekkt.6045 Member ✭✭✭

@Bazsi.2734 said:
    I hardly ever played PvP back then, but when I did I just spammed all my skills on cooldown, and still got the highest scores in almost every hotjoin match I ever joined.
    Nobody knew how to play back then. If we were transported back to that time, the most distgusting oneshot meta would emerge within 2 weeks.

that's what rune of vampirism was for lel.

• Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Falan.1839 said:

@Flumek.9043 said:

hit for 3k with procs
    dodge
    doge
    doge
    doge
    swap shroud
    doge
    evade
    dodge
    sizer ded, me 3hp.

Don't disturb people rose tinted nostalgia with actual facts about the gameplay back then.

PvP has always had it's share of kitten mechanics (beside a lot of very cool and skillbased ones, to be fair). At least Lich was kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2014 and is kitten zapping people with AA spam in 2021, so we've gone full circle on that.

Otherwise, I'd rather have the current meta improved than going back in time, despite all the fun I had on cele rifle.

There was less of "having everything" and more of "risk/reward". I honestly miss it. And i am well aware we will never see it again (too many things changed). So give me my rose tinted glasses back while i am mashing my keys... in a raid and not pvp :(

Meh~