[HELP]Jumping Puzzles difficulty classification

im completing old achievments left behind

i need completing these jumping puzzles, but i would like start from easier ones.

i will be grateful if anyone make a "rank" with this list, or more simple: divide them in "tiers" of dificult.

i really have no clue which ones are "harder", i had seem people on LA talking about this "trolls revenge" like if is was a hell.

-Behem Gauntlet-Chaos Crystal Cavern-Craze's Folly-Emerald Sanctum-Goemm's Lab-Grendich Gamble-Hidden Garden-King Jalis's Refuge-Loreclaw Expanse-Only Zuhl-Professor Portmatt's Lab-Sapphire Sanctum-Scavenger's Chasm-Spelunker's Delve-Troll's Revenge-Under New Management

King Jalis is very easy - just a handful of straightforward jumps. It's barely even a jumping puzzleUnder New Management is also a very easy and very shortOnly Zuhl I don't remember being a difficult one either

Hidden Garden I assume is Mount Maelstrom. That is straightforward although a few jumps on the tree are easy to mistep. It's otherwise straighforward

Sapphire Sanctum I haven't done since WvW tokens stopped being needed for legendaries. I remember doing it daily and it had one or two tricky jumps, but otherwise was fine

Trolls' Revenge used to be quite notorious back in the early days, but I think it lost its rep. Might be that mounts and gliders are usable now, I'm not sure

The others are all either easy or mid level if you compare them to others. They aren't as infuriating as say the Southson geysers, Ember Bay, Aetherblade ones though. Guides will help speed through any routes you get stuck on

Except Crystal Chaos is a bit annoying so perhaps put that one towards the harder end. It's one of the few to really get under my skin

Lion's Arch has no flight restrictions so you can easily complete Troll's Revenge in 5mins with Griffon or Skyscale.

The rest are fairly easy with the Prototype Position Rewinder, otherwise you might have some trouble. Scavenger's Chasm is likely the worst, due to the orb collecting mechanic, which requires fine jumping skills (bringing a Mesmer helps alot).

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:

! im completing old achievments left behind!! i need completing these jumping puzzles, but i would like start from easier ones.!! i will be grateful if anyone make a "rank" with this list, or more simple: divide them in "tiers" of dificult.!! i really have no clue which ones are "harder", i had seem people on LA talking about this "trolls revenge" like if is was a hell.!! -Behem Gauntlet! -Chaos Crystal Cavern! -Craze's Folly! -Emerald Sanctum! -Goemm's Lab! -Grendich Gamble! -Hidden Garden! -King Jalis's Refuge! -Loreclaw Expanse! -Only Zuhl! -Professor Portmatt's Lab! -Sapphire Sanctum! -Scavenger's Chasm! -Spelunker's Delve! -Troll's Revenge! -Under New Management

I'm assuming you'll be tackling these as they were intended to be done which means no shortcuts, no position rewind, no glider, no mount, just jumping. Otherwise you may aswell put them all in the very easy category and just use youtube to find mount/glider skips. As has been pointed out, peoples varying skill level will give them a different impression of difficulty so i've just tried to compare the JPs to each other. I would only really consider troll's revenge to be somewhat difficult of the ones you've listed, maybe try the "go for the gold" achievement in silverwastes without the mount and glider if that's still too easy for you (noticed you've already done not so secret).

The worst JP ever made:

! Professor Portmatt's Lab (it's not even a JP, you don't jump once, it's all underwater solving a pita puzzle that you almost certainly want the wiki open for. Should be reclassified as a mini dungeon)

Very Easy:

! Behem Gauntlet (you just progressively fall down, can actually complete it without jumping)! Grendich Gamble (very short, only problem is getting a trebuchet to the face while climbing)! Spelunker's Delve (veyr short, can't die, easy jumps; try going as fast as you can for some fun i guess)! Under New Management (very short, can't die afaik, stop by skipping stones for a bit more challenge)

Easy:

! Craze's Folly (no particularly hard jumps that i can think of and no where you can die / be set back a major amount)! King Jalis's Refuge (only 1 section i see people messing up, jumping across pipes near the end)! Only Zuhl (no particularly difficult jump, kamikaze crabs tho)

Medium:

! Chaos Crystal Cavern (mainly because it messes with your camera and speed)! Emerald Sanctum (wvw JP, pvp is probably the biggest difficulty depending on which colour your server is)! Sapphire Sanctum (same as emerald, except you know... more blue... hypothetically speaking)! Hidden Garden (can take a while to get into due to needing an event, dying means getting kicked out unless you res orb or map break in)! Loreclaw Expanse (I see traps kill a fair few people when it is daily)

Hard:

! Goemm's Lab (quite long with enviromental hazards that will put you in combat or chill you changing your speed or knock you off the puzzle back to a checkpoint)! Scavenger's Chasm (I don't recall if you need to find all 12 orbs to get the achievement, but doing so without a guide can be quite time consuming. There are no restrictions on mounts or gliders iirc which has made it much easier to do, but im assuming your going to be jumping old school style)

Very Hard:

! Troll's Revenge (the restrictions have not been placed on this JP because it takes place over a large section of lions arch, so now you can glide and mount to all 4 chests and the end chest with ease. Doing this puzzle without those crutches however; as it was originally intended to be done, is legitimately difficult. The correct way to go is quite obscure unless you can read terrain very well or follow a guide, some jumps are reasonably hard, you will walk on wires, there is a cheeky hazard that will knock you off about midway through, falling and not activating glider will kill you in some spots, falling and not using a mesmer or mount to return to your spot typically means restarting from the begining, it is very long for a JP in comparison to the usual standard, I think a reason they never put mount and gliding restrictions on it besides the disruption they would cause to Lion arch movement would be to allow it to become more casual)~~ ~~~~ ~~

I'll be interested to know if you end up agreeing or changing this ranking once you've done them ;)

I wouldn't consider any of them to be particularly difficult.I'm pretty sure all of them(with the exception of the WvW sanctums and Troll's revenge) show up on the 'daily jumping puzzle' rotation list; where you're always likely to find a Mesmer/Thief or two trying to earn a few extra silver(or gold if you're generous ;) )as for LA, just ask a player for a portal.

Ha Ha, fairly close agreement between Dulfy's assessment and my own. Should point out though that Troll's End is not the same as Troll's Revenge. Troll's End was a JP that mainly took place underneath LA before LA was reconstructed during which Toll's End was removed and Troll's Revenge added.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:im completing old achievments left behind

i need completing these jumping puzzles, but i would like start from easier ones.

i will be grateful if anyone make a "rank" with this list, or more simple: divide them in "tiers" of dificult.

i really have no clue which ones are "harder", i had seem people on LA talking about this "trolls revenge" like if is was a hell.

-Behem Gauntlet

There is only 2 jumps. One at the entrance and one at the end. The rest is all about dropping down.

-Chaos Crystal Cavern

Half of it can be bypassed

-Craze's FollyAngle is a bit annoying at one point and you can be mislead to believe where the end is

-Emerald Sanctumdepends on whether anyone tries to kill you-Goemm's Labcan be skipped with mount-Grendich Gamblecan be skipped with mount and maybe with gliding as well-Hidden Gardencan be skipped with mount, getting inside might be the more annoying part-King Jalis's Refugecan be mostly skipped with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Teleportation_Gun-Loreclaw Expansecan be skipped with mount-Only Zuhlmight want to bring some stability and you might have to fight a destroyer that can hit pretty hard-Professor Portmatt's Labcan be skipped with mount-Sapphire Sanctumsame as emerald-Scavenger's Chasmout of the whole list this might be the hardest but it is still not very difficultmixed this one up with the other one, this is also easily done with mount but also pretty easy without although I have pretty much all the orb locations memorized despite not having much interest in this JP-Spelunker's Delvecan be mostly skipped with mount-Troll's Revengecan be done with mount-Under New Managementcan be skipped with mount

I agree that it's difficult to put them into order because it's different for everyone. For example I was disappointed by Chaos Crystal Cavern because I'd seen people in my guild talking about how difficult it is and how long it took to complete, but I found it very simple. Sure you have to look out for which effects you get hit by, but as long as you're aware of whether your jumps will be longer or shorter than normal there's not much to it. It's no different to doing a basic part of another puzzle while random people around you apply speed boosts at unexpected moments.

Meanwhile some of the same people say Scavenger's Chasm is easy because there's few/no tricky jumps and in most places if you fall you land in water so there's less risk of dying. But I find it really annoying because it takes me ages to find all the orbs without a guide. I spend longer trying to do that than some of the ones where I keep falling and starting over.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Ranking them won't matter as you'll end up doing them all either way. It's also fairly difficult to classify them as what one finds difficult may not be difficult for another. Most of those can easily be done on days when their the daily as you can bypass the entire thing with mesmer portals.

i have no much free time on hands, hard stuff are reserved to sundays.

@Ahrya.3097 said:Scavenger's Chasm (I don't recall if you need to find all 12 orbs to get the achievement, but doing so without a guide can be quite time consuming. There are no restrictions on mounts or gliders iirc which has made it much easier to do, but im assuming your going to be jumping old school style)

You need 12 for the achievement, i think, but the orbs are not unique, and do not disappear unless used - meaning, you can get the easy ones, wait a day for all orbs to reset, get them again, and so on until you get 12 or more, and only then open the chests for achieve.

So you only need to know about those you've listed (as there are many more JPs)? Okay, here is the list (excluding taking shortcuts with mounts):

Easy:

-Behem Gauntlet-Craze's Folly-Grendich Gamble-Hidden Garden-King Jalis's Refuge-Only Zuhl-Spelunker's Delve-Under New Management

Moderate:

-Loreclaw Expanse-Chaos Crystal Cavern-Emerald Sanctum / Sapphire Sanctum

Difficult and/or lengthy:

-Goemm's Lab-Professor Portmatt's Lab-Scavenger's Chasm

Very difficult:

-Troll's Revenge

@Astralporing.1957 said:

! @Ahrya.3097 said:!
Scavenger's Chasm
(I don't recall if you need to find all 12 orbs to get the achievement, but doing so without a guide can be quite time consuming. There are no restrictions on mounts or gliders iirc which has made it much easier to do, but im assuming your going to be jumping old school style)

! You need 12 for the achievement, i think, but the orbs are not unique, and do not disappear unless used - meaning, you can get the easy ones, wait a day for all orbs to reset, get them again, and so on until you get 12 or more, and only then open the chests for achieve.

Personally I would consider doing that a form of cheating the achievement, like taking a shortcut, because it prevents you from having to do the whole puzzle as intended, so I didn't mention it. Otherwise, you can again chuck scavanger's chasm in very easy and just come back each day grabbing the easiest orbs then complete it once you have enough. I think any difficulty tier list should assume the JP is being done as it was oringinally intended to be done.