Buff condi thief in PvE

Konrad Curze.5130

ANet should have limited the nerfs to PvP splits but they didnt, and as a result condi thief is literally dead in PvE, I dont think anyone can name a prof with such ridiculously sloooooow ramp for so little damage, not even druid sucks this bad.

so yeah, ultra buff the ever-loving shit out of condi thief in PvE, and next time please, dont kill PvE builds due to the 50 or so people in the whole world that still play PvP in GW2. noone gives the slightest trace of a flying fuck about PvP anymore, it's bot-wars now, and making PvE suffer for something that is dead and buried is mighty stupid

quick, easy fixes:

• Deadly Ambition -> 33% chance to add a poison stack on every attack. 100% for dual wield attacks
  • Panic Strike -> 10s icd in PvE only, 7% condition damage converted to expertise
  • Potent Poisons -> 2 additional poison stacks in PvE only....maybe even 3
  • Death Blossom -> 2.0 coeff in PvE only

slow, complicated fixes:

• rework venoms, make them MUCH stronger but only affect self, and include a new trait that makes them weaker but allow 10 person venom sharing. as a bonus that'd maybe give thief another reason to get spots in raids

• rework bleed entirely because it utterly sucks, its beyond worthless in PvE. make it last less but deal more damage, and come up with an "extra" effect like torment and poison have. a big part of the reason why condi thief blows is because its a bleed based proff, and bleed completly sucks ass compared to burn or torment

I agree condi thief is not amazing, as there are only very specific traits combination/builds that work.

One can reach 39k DPS on a very fast ramp up time with condi P/D deadeye, near 4-6 secondes. It's nothing to be shy off. Can't remember whether Vallun or Lord Hizen did a video a few weeks ago about that.

D/D Daredevil works okay, not for raid or fractals, unless very specific encounter to due slow ramp up time. All condi is packed into this infinite dodge approach combined with death blossom... I wish other skills such as dagger #2 or #4 would bring more condi damage that make you really choose based on circumstances between them and #3, meaning better condi thief outside of DB. I did solo pretty much everything with it, beating timers and such. But it's a tad slow. That being said, the right runes and sigils can allow you to ramp up damage faster for one-off targets, but the overall damage gets a bit lower.

*I like your suggestions.

*Either that, or I would go out and put PvE for Heartseeker: 1, 3, 5 bleed stacks at 75-50-25% HP respectively.

*I'd also add one more torment on dagger 4, PvE.

*I'd have a trait to improve bleed: +30% effectiveness/damage, or hitting a foes with 10 stacks of bleed or more put one stack of poison, or even burn. ICD 1 sec per target. (Could unfortunately boost DB too much, unless you give other skills some bleeding capacities such as heartseeker, and why not dancing daggers too.)

*For venom, I wish they would act like stances, similar to Soulbeast vulture stance, maybe a longer duration but internal cooldown of 1-2 sec per target. That would be great. Would make it for more sustained damage, and less bursty.

@Trianox.3486 said:One can reach 39k DPS on a very fast ramp up time with condi P/D deadeye, near 4-6 secondes. It's nothing to be shy off. Can't remember whether Vallun or Lord Hizen did a video a few weeks ago about that.

@Scykosix.7836 said:Im hoping for Torch in EOD or some other condi heavy off weapon to make him finally PvE condi viable. At the same time im hoping we are not getting another 2H weapon just because developers are too lazy to work around dual wield attacks.

Just wondering, but what about the 39k damage output quoted here isn't viable? Is it because it's single target?

@lare.5129 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Just wondering, but what about the 39k damage output quoted here isn't viable?this is very small value .. normal is 50+kthat about burst .. not about continuous average damage

Gotcha. Last I checked viable builds did somewhere between 30k and 40k, hence why I asked. Evidently I'm out of date haha

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Just wondering, but what about the 39k damage output quoted here isn't viable?this is very small value .. normal is 50+kthat about burst .. not about continuous average damage

Gotcha. Last I checked viable builds did somewhere between 30k and 40k, hence why I asked. Evidently I'm out of date haha

But that is continuous 39k, it just happens to have a fast ramp up time, but it does not go beyond that point, so it's not properly a burst. Unlike let's say Chrono that can burst at 49-52k and then sustain 40k.