Balance patch VS Ban Wave — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Balance patch VS Ban Wave

Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

Which one would you like right now? I think a strong position from anet, announcing they're banning all those bots, hackers and afkers would cheer me up much more than any balance patch.

Balance patch VS Ban Wave 80 votes

Ban Wave
45%
Trevor Boyer.6524Stand The Wall.6987LucianTheAngelic.7054crepuscular.9047Blood Red Arachnid.2493Ellie.5913Cyninja.2954Loboling.5293mes.4607Shadowmoon.7986VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618Etaoin.4362Bish.8627ketorin.5923Stallic.2397Eternal Frozen.6485Phobia.9651Rooms Of Ruin.1965Khalisto.5780lare.5129 36 votes
Balance Patch
55%
Undo.5091FrownyClown.8402Henrik.7560Miles Smiles.8951Anna.7845Master Ketsu.4569Raiden The Beast.3016Ghos.1326otto.5684Falan.1839Xuazinegueri.3592Ragazm.6018Brokensunday.4098Eddbopkins.2630ollbirtan.2915Bailios.7518Apokriphos.7042Fueki.4753Ragi.7291avey.4201 44 votes

Comments

• Balance Patch

Bala bc, when u get banned just create a new ftp acc ...

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ban Wave

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

those bots are farming gold, which means they're useless as free accounts

• Balance Patch

@Khalisto.5780 said:

I mean more or less the hackers... bots I can play around if I have those in my match ... but hackers in AT r a diffrent story

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Balance Patch

At least bots keep the queue times relatively low.
    I don't want my queues, which usually are below five minutes, suddenly take over ten minutes.

• Multicolorhipster.9751Multicolorhipster.9751 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2021
    Ban Wave

Unless the balance patch was to undo most-everything since Feb 25th. "Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!"

Ranked DuoQ 😡👉🚪
    Nerfs should be reserved for extreme cases and only done in creative ways that make the game more interesting to play and watch.
    "You cannot learn a thing you think you know..."

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭
    Balance Patch

@Khalisto.5780 said:

U can transfer gold via black lion. Idk if its legal to write the way here.

Ban Wave

@Filip.7463 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

The amount of work to do that is abysmal. You gotta post it and the othet person has to buy it instantly.

Unless you selling it cheaper i don't see ppl willing to do that, transfering 100 gold would take hours

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

The amount of work to do that is abysmal. You gotta post it and the othet person has to buy it instantly.

Unless you selling it cheaper i don't see ppl willing to do that, transfering 100 gold would take hours

bots can do it faster

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭
    Balance Patch

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:

U can transfer unlimited amount of gold in less than 5minutes.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021
    Ban Wave

Simple answer for me:
    We know when the next balance patch will be latest: with EoD and introduction of new elites specializations. I can wait that long especially given the hype we might get IF new elites get previewed. So while I would love to have seen 1-2 balance patches in the meantime, I can live without.

Bots and hackers on the other hand grow bolder and when unchecked spread further and further. Besides it looking bad to new players and making the game look bad overall, it negatively affects players in game modes (especially hackers). Have Arenanet do a massive ban wave, if only to increase revenue and force these players to repurchase new accounts, then ban those new accounts as well and just keep making money off of game purchases.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021

Other: Make the game itself more resilient to botting, hacking and trolling. Otherwise they just come back with new accounts and new IP addresses.

Also, the earlier ban waves also hit some innocent players, so this is always something to be careful with.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021
    Ban Wave

I'd be happiest with a ban wave and a slight change.

The following cc skills deal damage
    Warrior:
    Headbutt (0.8)
    Bull charge (0.6)
    Hammer 5 (0.4)
    Ground stomps (zerker one and physical stunbreak one) (0.3)

Guardian
    Hammer 4 (0.6)
    Spirit hammer (0.3)

Revenant:
    Glint elite knockback (0.5)
    Shiro elite (0.4)
    Staff 5 (0.3)

Ranger
    Axe 4 (0.8)

Engineer
    Holo elite (0.5)
    Nerf holo 1 PvP by 20%
    Holo 5 (0.3)
    Scrapper explosion gyro (0.8)
    Big ol' bomb (0.8)

Thief:
    Daredevil elite (0.3, 0.3, 0.6)

Elementalist
    Focus water 5 (0.3)
    Meteor shower no longer reduced dmg per hit in PvP (no -20% per hit)

Necromancer
    Reaper elite (0.4)
    Minion elite (0.3)

Mesmer:
    Greatsword 5 (0.3)
    Chrono elite (0.2, 0.3, 0.5)
    Pistol 5 (0.3)

With these small adjustments, and the removal of the hackers, bots and afkers. I would be most happy. Too bad it'll never happen.😭

• mes.4607mes.4607 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ban Wave

Ban the cheaters

How the heck do I get 5 stars?
  • Ban Wave

no amount of balance can compensate for hacking. so what if your build is strong if a guy is teleporting all over the place? hackers running free spelled the end of a game i used to love, i wouldn't be surprised if thats how it goes for all games. if i'm a new player i'm certainly not sticking around long if hackers are running around and the mods aren't doing anything about it.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Balance Patch

Balance. If you balance the game properly, not only do you preserve its shelf life, but the cheaters using hacks will be easier to deal with all in one blow, until they actually start to move with bans on those said players.
    Also, balancing is a good business move in the realm of gaming and helps keep an audience around longer, meaning the game thrives and continues to provide service longer. That is, GOOD balance. Bad balance has the opposite effect.
    Analogy I like to use is milk. One gallon is placed in the fridge (good balance) and one gallon is left out during the summer (bad balance).

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

Ban Wave

@Bazsi.2734 said:
    I find it ironic that doing both at the same time would be the bare minimum to maintain this gamemode, yet the poll is about choosing one.

Because anet seems to be struggling enough with one and there is at least 50% chance we getting none

• @Bazsi.2734 said:
    I find it ironic that doing both at the same time would be the bare minimum to maintain this gamemode, yet the poll is about choosing one.

This is the only true answer.

The "Balance" is a fantasy -- another mortal superstition.

• Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021
    Ban Wave

Break the bots!

• Ban Wave

@FrownyClown.8402 said:
    If there is no balance patch next week I am flying up to Oregon and pooping at their front door.

they're in washington

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Balance Patch

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:
    If there is no balance patch next week I am flying up to Oregon and pooping at their front door.

they're in washington

Right. I knew that...

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ban Wave

not Ban Wave, we need Ban Waves

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Ban Wave

@Khalisto.5780 said:
    Which one would you like right now?

The results for this probably will be influenced by what rank players are. People in Low Gold-Mid Silver (where most of the bots are) probably would see a ban wave as being significantly more beneficial to our game experience, but players higher who see bots less often probably desire a balance patch more.

• Kuma.1503Kuma.1503 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ban Wave

On second thought, ban the hackers/ wintraders/ frequent afkers too.

A drop in population is a small price to pay

Balance Patch

@Rvannith.8364 said:
    People in Low Gold-Mid Silver (where most of the bots are) probably would see a ban wave as being significantly more beneficial to our game experience

It's very likely that they'll see it very detrimental to the game experience.
    A ban wave would result in longer queue times and even worse matches, as the rank disparity in matches with exacerbate.

Ban Wave

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Rvannith.8364 said:
    People in Low Gold-Mid Silver (where most of the bots are) probably would see a ban wave as being significantly more beneficial to our game experience

A ban wave would result in longer queue times and even worse matches, as the rank disparity in matches with exacerbate.

Something like that would bring some ppl back, if it wasnt anet it could bring a lot more. By now ppl would think "ok, they banning, lets aee how long they can keep thia bots away"

Balance Patch

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Rvannith.8364 said:

Something like that would bring some ppl back, if it wasnt anet it could bring a lot more. By now ppl would think "ok, they banning, lets aee how long they can keep thia bots away"

I doubt a substantial amount of people would come back to this clown show we have instead of balance.

• Ban Wave

@Fueki.4753 said:

you're really taking the stance that anet should keep the hackers because you're worried about the q time going up by a minute? dam dude.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

edited February 20, 2021
    Balance Patch

you're really taking the stance that anet should keep the hackers because you're worried about the q time going up by a minute?

You just ignore the worse outcome in the part you quote?
    We already have matches with low silver and platinum players.
    If bots really are as many as some people claim, removing all of them could result in a rank disparity so big that platinum and higher players are placed in matches with bronze players.
    Also, I assume that the queue will increase far more than just one minute.

dam dude.

Are you certain that my DNA contains Y-chromosomes?
    That'd be news to me.

• Ban Wave

@Fueki.4753 said:

you're really taking the stance that anet should keep the hackers because you're worried about the q time going up by a minute? dam dude.

At least they're honest.

You wouldn't get that from some top 10 player calling botting and stuff really bad on Twitch, but then farming bots for free rating on those same streams.
    Better yet, plugging it into a super dope PvP montage with copyright-swap music. Bonus points for using Notepad.

Ranked DuoQ 😡👉🚪
    Nerfs should be reserved for extreme cases and only done in creative ways that make the game more interesting to play and watch.

• Ban Wave

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:
    At least they're honest.

You wouldn't get that from some top 10 player calling botting and stuff really bad on Twitch, but then farming bots for free rating on those same streams.
    Better yet, plugging it into a super dope PvP montage with copyright-swap music. Bonus points for using Notepad.

again, i am talking about hackers not bots. i don't care about bots.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Considering how Anet felt they needed to remove my first post for strong criticism. I'll repost why not both :sunglasses:

• Henrik.7560Henrik.7560 Member ✭✭✭
    Balance Patch

would be nice if they did ANYTHING

[eA] Sakura | Anvil Rock

• Ban Wave

again, i am talking about hackers not bots. i don't care about bots.

Ahhh okie.

Don't worry @Fueki.4753 it'd only banning enough people to count on both hands in that case.
    Not missing much if they get banned. Still plenty of other people and CPUs for pips. <3

Ranked DuoQ 😡👉🚪