What keybinds for mounts? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

What keybinds for mounts?

Hey everyone,
What are your keybinds you are using for mounts?
I am using the following ones and am curious to see if there are better alternatives;

CAPSLOCK = Skyscale
, = Raptor
. = Springer
L = Skimmer
; = Jackal
' = Roller Beetle
x = any mount selected

I like that I can reach all of them with my thumb (except for Capslock).
What are yours?

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    X raptor
    Ctl c skimmer
    Ctl v jackal
    rest are the extra mouse buttons I have

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2021

    CTRL + 12345678

    CTRL + Space for Mount/Dismount aka. the selected standard mount (which is Warclaw for WvW)

  • Left Shift = Mount key (I use Skyscale here)
    F1 = Griffon
    F2 = Raptor
    F3 = Springer
    F4 = Jackal
    F5 = Skimmer
    F6 = Beetle

    Sidenote: 1,2,3,4,Q,E,R,C,X,Z + alt combos of these keys I use for combat skills cause I want them to be close to the movement keys (AWSD).

  • spectrito.8513spectrito.8513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021

    ctrl + ' = bettle
    ctrl 1-5 other mounts
    \ = warclaw

  • Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    shift-R raptor
    shift-B springer (it's a bunny)
    shift-W jackal (it looks like a wolf)
    shift-G griffon
    shift-D skyscale (it is a dragon)

    x is my rollerbeetle, as I set this to the default mount so I don't need another key combo

    Only use the warclaw in WvW, so x in there.

  • Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭✭

    Shift+W to mount up.
    Num lock 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for mount select

  • @Randulf.7614 said:
    X raptor
    Ctl c skimmer
    Ctl v jackal
    rest are the extra mouse buttons I have

    i actually didnt think about binding Ctl!! thanks!

  • @Jukhy.2431 said:
    Left Shift = Mount key (I use Skyscale here)
    F1 = Griffon
    F2 = Raptor
    F3 = Springer
    F4 = Jackal
    F5 = Skimmer
    F6 = Beetle

    Sidenote: 1,2,3,4,Q,E,R,C,X,Z + alt combos of these keys I use for combat skills cause I want them to be close to the movement keys (AWSD).

    interesting...I use F1,2,3,4 for my combat skills. i want to try this out

  • Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021

    1-8 on the Numbers pad. (Zero is mapped for Mount Ability 2, I use keyboard movement controls and it's handy to hit with my pinky when drifting my beetle, and is also mapped as 'swim down' which is really intuitive considering similar mount ability actions.)

  • SemtiaValon.8614SemtiaValon.8614 Member
    edited March 2, 2021

    I use my number pad.
    0 griffon
    1 raptor
    2 bunny
    3 skimmer
    4 jackal
    5 beetle
    . Warclaw
    (+) skyscale

  • Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2021

    X Raptor (set to default)
    Shift-S Springer
    Shift-Z Zkimmer
    Shift-D DogJackal
    Shift-A AllmountGriffon
    Shift-X Beetle (no mnemonic on this one, I was running out of keyboard real estate, maybe think of it as Racer X?)
    Shift-C skysCale

    Keeps everything near the keys I use the most, uses mnemonics to recall what does what, combo key means I am highly unlikely to mount/dismount in error (and since I can't mount in combat, I have the leisure time to find two keys to press at once, something that can physically hurt my hand when done rapidly under stress, which is also why I want all the keys near the Shift key, less strain!). Also if I want to swap mounts I can hold down Shift, press the key of the mount I'm swapping to (this dismounts me) and press it again a moment later to be on the new mount without having to move my fingers to other keys.

  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

    n - raptor
    b - bunny
    h - skimmer (h for hover)
    j - jackal (so rarely used I tend to forget the button)

  • firedragon.8953firedragon.8953 Member ✭✭✭

    1-8 on Num pad. I guess it is the benefit of a full-size keyboard. I just hit the button with my thumb when using the mount. B is for any selected mount, usually griffon or skyscale to catch myself in a fall or mid-glide.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I use 8, 9, 0, -, = for raptor, springer, skimmer, jackal and griffon (in that order) then P for warclaw, [ for roller beetle and ] for skyscale. The only reason for that choice is it's a section of the keyboard I wasn't using for anything else.

    I might change it to 9, 0, -, =, O, P, [ and ] now it doesn't seem like we're getting more mounts, so they're more neatly grouped.

    For quick access I have the default mount button (which I think I moved to 'end' on the block above the arrow keys) bound to a button on the side of my mouse and whichever mount I'm most likely to want at short notice set to that button. It's usually the griffon, on the basis that if I don't have time to choose one I probably want to make a quick exit and it covers all the options (especially if I've just gone over a cliff). But sometimes I change it if I'm focusing on another mount, like I'm underwater so I'm using the skimmer a lot or doing a jackal puzzle. Then I just have to change it back (hopefully before going over a cliff).

    Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

    "Life's a journey, not a destination."

  • @Tukaram.8256 said:
    n - raptor
    b - bunny
    h - skimmer (h for hover)
    j - jackal (so rarely used I tend to forget the button)

    i think this option requires changing the binding for H (hero) and B

  • @Donari.5237 said:
    X Raptor (set to default)
    Shift-S Springer
    Shift-Z Zkimmer
    Shift-D DogJackal
    Shift-A AllmountGriffon
    Shift-X Beetle (no mnemonic on this one, I was running out of keyboard real estate, maybe think of it as Racer X?)
    Shift-C skysCale

    Keeps everything near the keys I use the most, uses mnemonics to recall what does what, combo key means I am highly unlikely to mount/dismount in error (and since I can't mount in combat, I have the leisure time to find two keys to press at once, something that can physically hurt my hand when done rapidly under stress, which is also why I want all the keys near the Shift key, less strain!). Also if I want to swap mounts I can hold down Shift, press the key of the mount I'm swapping to (this dismounts me) and press it again a moment later to be on the new mount without having to move my fingers to other keys.

    I think this is one of my favorite layouts. My objective is to keep them all within Left Hand proximity so I can walk/move and select mounts with the same hand on the keyboard. Thank you!!!

  • Orack.9756Orack.9756 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021

    Skyscale : Mouse 4 : easy access since I use it the most.

    Then all on num pad :
    Jackal : 7 (still my favourite mount <3)
    Griffin : 8
    Skimmer : 9
    Raptor : 4
    Beetle : 5
    Springer : 6

    Num pad is close to my mouse so that fast and easy button push.