Q: Unfinished Azure/Crimson Dragon Slayer weapons — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Q: Unfinished Azure/Crimson Dragon Slayer weapons

So... the Azure ones, for instance, say: "Must be drenched in the blood of a new icebrood champion. Use this in a Dragon Response Mission to temporarily gain a skill."

Has someone done this already and can define "new" for me? Are those the regular final bosses at the end of the DRMs?

Best Answers

Answers

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    If you have one or multiple of the weapons in your inventory, you gain a special action key while fighting a Dragon Response Mission end boss. Using the special action key will upgrade the weapon to its finished form, in fact all of them at once.

The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, Primordus or Jormag, are coresponding to the two types of new dragon slayer weapons. Use the correct mission for either weapon type.

Nice to know you can upgrade more then one each time.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, [...]

So, and that was my question, they have to be used against the final boss of a corresponding DRM - those are the ones referred to as "new icebrood champions"?

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

The grind (or price if you buy on TP) for these 2 sets in insane, not to mention you also need to have the old dragon slayer set, meh.
    10 ingots/weapon is a crazy amount!

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    The grind (or price if you buy on TP) for these 2 sets in insane

Aren't the Azure/Crimson sets account bound? :o I just finished 3 of them, and they cannot be sold at the TP.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:
    The grind (or price if you buy on TP) for these 2 sets in insane

Aren't the Azure/Crimson sets account bound? :o I just finished 3 of them, and they cannot be sold at the TP.

I mean either you farm ores from DRM and refine them into ingots, or you directly buy ingots (which are sellable) from TP.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Yup, you're right, my bad.
    But I still think it's a very high amount considering you can only get 2 ores per DRM (with new mastery, 1 without) plus 6 from daily.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Farohna.6247Farohna.6247 Member ✭✭✭

Think I've only crafted two of the dragon slayer ones :# lol annoyed I need have them all to purchase the crimson/azure ones.

• Ra Ra.9423Ra Ra.9423 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021

Sry, removed comment, as I realized this was a Q post, and has been answered. My comment didn't fit here. :D

Admitted Alt-aholic
    Darkhaven, Asuran Gaters[ZPM]