Grieving Status

Stalvros.9217

Anyone knows if you can obtain this status accessories in Raid?If yes, what prefix are they under? (don't wanna buy the wrong one)

Also, any other means to obtain the accessories and the ringswith Grieving status? (Ascended)

PS: Correct me if I am wrong but last I checked, accessories obtainedfrom the LS3 maps does NOT give you the grieving status~

As far as I know, outside of some pieces you can get (Funerary and a couple others) from PoF content, you can get grieving status from the following methods ONLY:

FractalsWvW RewardsSPvP Season rewardsRaid Rewards

No crafting, no LS3, no other method besides those above. It's okay, but I think it's one of the most, if not the most difficult stat to obtain for that reason.

Source: Am about 75% of my way to full grieving firebrand and its a PITA.

@Ashantara.8731 said:It's ridiculous how they introduced some new elite specs that require the new stats to be efficient, yet those stats are not available in the expansion through normal means.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that it's absurd to introduce a new stat set with only legacy means of acquisition (outside the normal crafting chain, no less).

Let's not overstate it though, we're talking about a gear set that's less than a 1% improvement over alternatives on one, maybe two classes.

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:LS3 rewards such as the bloodstone jewlery have Grieving as a stat choice.

No, they don't.

Yes, they do. I have them equipped currently...

No, they don't. After seeing your post, I wondered if I missed some stealth change so I reset some bloodstone trinkets and it is not one of the choices.

https://imgur.com/a/VOaRf

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:LS3 rewards such as the bloodstone jewlery have Grieving as a stat choice.

No, they don't.

No, they don't. After seeing your post, I wondered if I missed some stealth change so I reset some bloodstone trinkets and it is not one of the choices.

Now I'm curious to if you had to have purchased the ring post PoF for them to show up, which is my case?

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

No, they don't.

Now I'm curious to if you had to have purchased the ring post PoF for them to show up, which is my case?

I have purchased some LWS3 trinkets post-PoF and the stat set was not available to select. Post a screenshot of your LWS3 trinket with Grieving stats.

FWIW, I think that the missing craftable griever stats are either a bug or they were intended for a later release date in the first place.

When Pof launched, these werent the only insignias/inscription recipes missing from the client. Spearmarshal discovery was added on sep 27th and sep 30th.

But at this point, I would have thought that they fixed it, if it was bugged, so i think there are other reasons for the exotic inscriptions and insignias still missing.

Compared to HoT launch, PoF did a good job with not introducing too many massive material sinks right at launch, which in my opinion is a good change.Hard leather, which is used extensively in crafting exotic insignias and armor, is one of the few materials that have seen a significant spike since PoF launched, though, especially the introduction of lunatic armor with halloween made gossamer patches double in value compared to prices a month ago. With griever stats being arguably the most anticipated of the new stat sets, I would expect a huge demand spike for hard leather again, if the exotic insignias become craftable, so they maybe made different plans of implementing this stat acquisition for exotic and ascended gear.

The current acquisition method not only locks out traditional crafting of this stat, it also prevents using stat swapping on existing ascended gear that was acquired via crafting or ascended armor boxes and I would argue that most exotic insignias are used for this purpose instead of crafting exotic gear, so the non-existance of exotic grievers insignias negates alot of potential demand for hard leather.

The current acquisition methods through mostly grandmaster marks shifts the main material demand from t6 leather to t5 leather, mithril and silk for grievers stats, which in the current economy, is probably prefered by most players. I definately think that Anet will introduce the insignias and inscriptions at some point but i think that acquisition method will look a little different and if I would hazard a guess, I would say it will be in either gated by time or content completion (account bound currency grind) to minimize the impact it has on the t6 leather market.

@Stalvros.9217 said:Anyone knows if you can obtain this status accessories in Raid?If yes, what prefix are they under? (don't wanna buy the wrong one)

Also, any other means to obtain the accessories and the ringswith Grieving status? (Ascended)

PS: Correct me if I am wrong but last I checked, accessories obtainedfrom the LS3 maps does NOT give you the grieving status~

Posted by Gaile...

“Josh, one of the devs, asked me to pass along that not all the ascended recipes are currently available. The devs are aware of this situation and are working on the matter so that soon, all recipes will be obtainable.”

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Stalvros.9217 said:Anyone knows if you can obtain this status accessories in Raid?If yes, what prefix are they under? (don't wanna buy the wrong one)

Posted by Gaile...

“Josh, one of the devs, asked me to pass along that not all the ascended recipes are currently available. The devs are aware of this situation and are working on the matter so that soon, all recipes will be obtainable.”

do you have a link to that post, so we can ask her to ask josh, if all recipes made it into the game yet?

Archived