Tournament "meta comps" ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Tournament "meta comps" ?

Just recently i participated at my first three tournaments and i noticed that in all matches the stomping team always consisted of at least 2 revenants (i believe condi+power), heal guard, healbreaker and last was variable (thief/mesmer,necro) - am i late to the train or is this a recen trend? xD - also in contrast to ranked pvp, ppl are avoiding mid, instead one or two are just running mid, while the rest deal with the sides.
Its not that the players are individually playing good, but as team comp it is so hard to beat them
It seems like with 2 revenants you have boon battery, with heal guard heal and additional boons, with healbreaker same so they are buffing each other 24/7 and are able to deal free dmg while getting very low dmg.
That is incredible cool for ppl that have a static, but its super unconvenient for random lfg pugs, which i a reason why anet should introduce something like a "role selection" phase where ppl can select fixed roles.

Comments

  • Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

    In ats u will meet mostly higher rated lfg teams. Your comp is not the problem

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    the main meta: all welcome

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You're complaining that you're losing to teams that are better than yours. No amount of role select will change that.

    Not only are players generally better but they are also far more organized. You aren't owed wins or a easier time because you are pugging.

  • @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    You're complaining that you're losing to teams that are better than yours. No amount of role select will change that.

    Not only are players generally better but they are also far more organized. You aren't owed wins or a easier time because you are pugging.

    I never complained about anything i just noted my observations - theres no kind of bad mood in my text.
    But yeah the point about beeing more organized is really true - which i never faced against in solo que ranked pvp xD
    And i dont demand easier times - all i wrote is a suggestion to get a more balanced/fairer teams in pvp but i also see that this is a very complex task with respect to all factos the game has.
    You definitely should skill your reading abilties instead of trash talk :)

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    revenant is played by the best and best tend to win :)

  • @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    revenant is played by the best and best tend to win :)

    one could conclude that revenant is the best but that might be a stretch

    te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

    @Yakuzai.6593 said:

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    You're complaining that you're losing to teams that are better than yours. No amount of role select will change that.

    Not only are players generally better but they are also far more organized. You aren't owed wins or a easier time because you are pugging.

    I never complained about anything i just noted my observations - theres no kind of bad mood in my text.
    But yeah the point about beeing more organized is really true - which i never faced against in solo que ranked pvp xD
    And i dont demand easier times - all i wrote is a suggestion to get a more balanced/fairer teams in pvp but i also see that this is a very complex task with respect to all factos the game has.
    You definitely should skill your reading abilties instead of trash talk :)

    I just noted my observations about your post , the situation presented , and the wordage used- there is no kind of bad mood in my text.
    But no amount of real change will equalize the playing field between organised teams against pugs or prevent meta comps being formed

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:

    @Yakuzai.6593 said:

    @Sigmoid.7082 said:
    You're complaining that you're losing to teams that are better than yours. No amount of role select will change that.

    Not only are players generally better but they are also far more organized. You aren't owed wins or a easier time because you are pugging.

    I never complained about anything i just noted my observations - theres no kind of bad mood in my text.
    But yeah the point about beeing more organized is really true - which i never faced against in solo que ranked pvp xD
    And i dont demand easier times - all i wrote is a suggestion to get a more balanced/fairer teams in pvp but i also see that this is a very complex task with respect to all factos the game has.
    You definitely should skill your reading abilties instead of trash talk :)

    I just noted my observations about your post , the situation presented , and the wordage used- there is no kind of bad mood in my text.
    But no amount of real change will equalize the playing field between organised teams against pugs or prevent meta comps being formed

    The teams aren't mostly originazed, the good people just invite other good peoples to farm money, there is outside of actual practicing teams, mostly no voice or any coordination

  • Ryan.9387Ryan.9387 Member ✭✭✭

    The best players often only do ATs because thats the only chance of getting a good game. Ranked isn't fun anymore.

    Most of the time those teams are just pugs of friends. Usually no voice comms or coordination.

    You're seeing half the people playing meta specs and the others random stuff (mesmer/thief) for fun.

    For what its worth this is the meta (in my opinion). This maybe can explain some od what you see.

    Renegade
    Power herald or renegade
    Healbreaker or core guardian
    Weaver or scraper or minion necro or (off meta 1v1/decap spec)
    Another 1v1er or teamfight necro (reaper/core necro not minions)

    Send 1v1 far. Other 1v1 close (or renegade if you have the reaper for mid). Support mid. Stall mid and +1 all the side node matchups. That will quickly lead to a 500-0 stomp vs a team that can't rotate or survive the side node pressure.

  • @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    revenant is played by the best and best tend to win :)

    Well it not 100% comparable when I'm looking at the results of my dragonball match up where everyone can play what he/she/whatever likes then the best players are ele and thief (and a core necro I played with and against).

    The heavy metal meta how I call it rev + guard is the result of hard pushes from the community over years against light weights because they do more dmg while dying easier but when you make them the same it makes only sense to go for the hardshell builds ..

  • Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    revenant is played by the best and best tend to win :)

    Well it not 100% comparable when I'm looking at the results of my dragonball match up where everyone can play what he/she/whatever likes then the best players are ele and thief (and a core necro I played with and against).

    The heavy metal meta how I call it rev + guard is the result of hard pushes from the community over years against light weights because they do more dmg while dying easier but when you make them the same it makes only sense to go for the hardshell builds ..

    What has dragonball to do with pvp????