Question about multiple Firebrands in a group.

Kam.4092

My friend wanted to play Firebrand, but I currently play it. I heard having two Firebrands in a group causes them both to do less DPS.

Wondering if it's ok to run two, or is the conflict with Quickfire and Ashes of the Just bad enough to never run two Firebrands in the same group.

Thanks for any replies :D

considering the ashes of the just is where a large portion of the firebrands damage comes from (since the burning inflicted scales on the stats of the person who applied ashes), it does undercut the other firebrand if one puts their ashes on the same people. however if there is lots of persisting AoEs from your teammates, then overriding each others ashes becomes very difficult since you should be able to output 2 or 3 hits very quickly. typicly if there is another firebrand in the party when im firebranding. i try to pay attention to what they are doing to avoid overriding ashes.

@crosknight.3041 said:considering the ashes of the just is where a large portion of the firebrands damage comes from (since the burning inflicted scales on the stats of the person who applied ashes), it does undercut the other firebrand if one puts their ashes on the same people. however if there is lots of persisting AoEs from your teammates, then overriding each others ashes becomes very difficult since you should be able to output 2 or 3 hits very quickly. typicly if there is another firebrand in the party when im firebranding. i try to pay attention to what they are doing to avoid overriding ashes.

We both always pug T4 Fractals. I wish this wasn't an issue. :/

Maybe they could make Ashes of the Just a player specific buff that only went to the Guardian, but did more damage for each person around you, instead of spreading a buff.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kam.4092 said:

@crosknight.3041 said:considering the ashes of the just is where a large portion of the firebrands damage comes from (since the burning inflicted scales on the stats of the person who applied ashes), it does undercut the other firebrand if one puts their ashes on the same people. however if there is lots of persisting AoEs from your teammates, then overriding each others ashes becomes very difficult since you should be able to output 2 or 3 hits very quickly. typicly if there is another firebrand in the party when im firebranding. i try to pay attention to what they are doing to avoid overriding ashes.

We both always pug T4 Fractals. I wish this wasn't an issue. :/

Maybe they could make Ashes of the Just a player specific buff that only went to the Guardian, but did more damage for each person around you, instead of spreading a buff.

That creates more problems then it solves. The better solution is coordinate your Ashes, so you stagger its application in your rotations; or rotate between tomes so one is nullifying damage (using Courage or Resolve), while the other is applying burning. You do lose some DPS in this setup, but it does allow your group to tank through some really dicey AOE sections. Since you both PUG a lot, this has a good chance to carry a glassy group with fewer casualties.

• 3 weeks later...

@Kam.4092 said:My friend wanted to play Firebrand, but I currently play it. I heard having two Firebrands in a group causes them both to do less DPS.

Wondering if it's ok to run two, or is the conflict with Quickfire and Ashes of the Just bad enough to never run two Firebrands in the same group.

Thanks for any replies :D

Just don't trait for extra ashes, this way you will not override as much, also trait one for concecrations with virtue line and use Purging Flames for deeps + cleanse + more support via virtues, trait the other for something else.

For example something like this the 1st guard http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7ensADNDhdBDuCBkCjF/BLLJUhyQ7X0O6I1KAUBqTA-jhiAQB2UJI0eCAA4gAASlBJ4EAAj9H8oSvqp+DA1H4PNCBAOAGv4Fv4BjP+4jP+4RKgF1pB-e its actually a ton of sustained deeps via all the burns + F1 tome skills spam which you get extra pages and faster recharge instead of extra ashes. Replace utility skills to whatever suits you and adjust gear for health / armor / expertise as it suits you, but do keep that Purging Flames with it. Often start your rotation on stationary or low mobility targets with purging flames followed by F1 spam, followed by axe + torch and your zealot procs will add a ton too.

Do not use general condi runes as those are wasted. Concentrate on runes that give you extra bonusses to burns either damage or duration wise.

Your 2nd Firebrand could look like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7en8ABFBjdBDuCBkCjl4BbPmeT7pWbgXwjqKAslqXA-jhiAQB2UJIM2fwfaEApygEcBAAouAPq0DAHEAo9EAqm6PrDEA+zdw//fz////vUALqTD-e again, adjust hitpoints, offense, condi duration etc. to your comfort zone, but keep in mind this particular build does better if you have some power and a lot of condi, not just condi.

Their individual deeps is not top of the line but far more then adequate for fractals and you gain extra utility and extra survivability for entire group. Switch up to WOR whenever you need a reflect, etc. 2 guards with WOR on shaman for example makes it such a cakewalk. And unless you both pop ashes from F1 at the same time, they won't waste or override, that is the only thing you need to watch for.

Archived