Solve the Bot Problem with CAPTCHA — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Solve the Bot Problem with CAPTCHA

memausz.7264memausz.7264 Member ✭✭✭

I think that every hour, for ranked queues, it should be required that a player do a CAPTCHA to prove they are human. Connect 9 dots before you are allowed to queue ranked. That will fix the bots.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Comments

• it would surely help a little - Escape from Tarkov does a similar thing and asks for CAPTCHA when clicking purchase too quickly in its auction house - albeit its probably a low level sort of fix but probably effective

• That's a super good idea if it works as atended!

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021

It wouldn't work because a Human can just solve the captcha for the bot and still let it play the game. Many of the players you see that seem like bots are actually just people using complex scripts/macrosets, which is why their attacks are always the same.

You can identify true bots by when they run back to a point over and over, like treb bots in WvW.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 24 charas, 18k hours, 29k AP | ♀♥♀
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anet cant even have something like "safe to leave" when your match starts 4v5, i doubt they could implement that

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    What happens if you fail every test. Does that mean you're a bot? What if a bot passes the test does that make them human? What does it mean to be alive...do we have a soul....

It means u are too drunk to play

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    It wouldn't work because a Human can just solve the captcha for the bot and still let it play the game. Many of the players you see that seem like bots are actually just people using complex scripts/macrosets, which is why their attacks are always the same.

You can identify true bots by when they run back to a point over and over, like treb bots in WvW.

Bots wouldnt run 24/7 then, cuz owner needs to sleep

if one capcha takes 30s and 20 matches is needed for byzantinum chest that means 20golds for 10 minutes of work = 120g/hour of human work
    On out of game marketplaces 120gold would cost around 2€. So its not worth doing it

• Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    What happens if you fail every test. Does that mean you're a bot? What if a bot passes the test does that make them human? What does it mean to be alive...do we have a soul....

Honestly if that person specifically can't finish the captcha, I wouldn't want them in my games, with or against.

It wouldn't make any sense for this individual to be here whatsoever.

Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

• They could make the captcha only apply a random number of games, that increases the # of games you play, increasing after the amount of games played in a 24 hour period. If someone is playing pvp for an hour a day, they shouldn't be hit with it. 2 hours, maybe they get a single one. The point is to catch the bots out- which generally run their accounts nearly 24/7, and increasing the captcha rate when it hits the kind of time period that bots play for would limit player annoyance at having to do it.

• @Rvannith.8364 said:
    They could make the captcha only apply a random number of games, that increases the # of games you play, increasing after the amount of games played in a 24 hour period. If someone is playing pvp for an hour a day, they shouldn't be hit with it. 2 hours, maybe they get a single one. The point is to catch the bots out- which generally run their accounts nearly 24/7, and increasing the captcha rate when it hits the kind of time period that bots play for would limit player annoyance at having to do it.

if captcha is gonna work its this way

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

Terrible idea.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh please, this is GW2.

Every PvP match should be preceeded by a random jumping puzzle.

Problem solved.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• snoow.1694snoow.1694 Member ✭✭✭

@Sven.7201 said:
    That's a super good idea if it works as atended!

I think it is a great idea too. All jokes aside it would be easy to implement and would better the situation in general

Balance Patch every 6 weeks kappa