Nice Balance patch 10/10 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Nice Balance patch 10/10

Really! This will bring the game mode back to life. Excellent work!

Comments

• thank you anet balance fixed

• I mean if you're expecting a balance patch before expac you're kinda delusional. Why would they tweak everything now, just to HAVE to tweak it again for the expac? They already can't keep up with balance the way it is, putting out what 1 or 2 patches this past year, no reason to think they would balance twice before September.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2021

@dylanirwin.6249 said:
    maybe the WvW balance patch will come when they release alliances. xd

Let's be positive. It's bound to come at SOME point.

This post contains my opinion.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kind of another pointless update we been getting a lot of them lately.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• @AustinTheFatOne.2980 said:
    I mean if you're expecting a balance patch before expac you're kinda delusional. Why would they tweak everything now, just to HAVE to tweak it again for the expac? They already can't keep up with balance the way it is, putting out what 1 or 2 patches this past year, no reason to think they would balance twice before September.

As if they're gonna tweak anything after x-pack release to reasonable levels WITH other e-speces at the same time.
    Can't wait for new broken stuff that won't get any fixes!

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

i mean i kinda appreciate the patch, because it doesn't mess up stuff even more than other ones did yet. :9

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think people should have expected no significant changes since the expansion was announced.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

As necro I really liked the patch!

Praise Joko! And make necros great again!

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

they´re going to grab some money with new xpac and then let game bleed out .. kitten .. this isn´t the way to treat a game where u want players to stay .. annoying

• @cobbah.3102 said:
    Hmm yes great patch that nerfed perma stealth !! oh wait did I read it wrong.

Don't forget about nerfs to condies and boons as well or even mobility some classes posses! Oh wait.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Apparently there is a new tree by ogre watch, so that's something

• rrusse.7058rrusse.7058 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2021

Can we at least use the correct nomenclature? This was not a balance patch. There weren't even notes to coincide with it. What this was, was a hot fix. The purpose was to bring some outliers and bugs in line.

There is little reason to making huge balance patches when there is an expansion a few months out. Each profession is going to get a huge shake up and the meta we know now will be very different.

It's okay to want more, but let's at least be realistic about it and call it for what it is. A hot fix.

Zommoros giveth and Zommoros taketh away.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MirroredBishop.8701 said:
    Really! This will bring the game mode back to life. Excellent work!

it sarcasm or I missed something?

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AustinTheFatOne.2980 said:
    I mean if you're expecting a balance patch before expac you're kinda delusional. Why would they tweak everything now, just to HAVE to tweak it again for the expac? They already can't keep up with balance the way it is, putting out what 1 or 2 patches this past year, no reason to think they would balance twice before September.

u mean ruin everything before xpac.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

If the tree is anything like the one by west necro, entire EB zergs are going to wipe to it. So at least it would offer some new amusement.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

@rrusse.7058 technically even a cold fix, bc hot fix is a "fast change to some urgent bugs", and afaik the warri banner and necro elite interrupt have been for quite some time in the spvp format.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 lmfao, what, really? xD did not notice that yet... YAY CONTENT. or wait... that's rather some random change, bit like the wall invulnerability swap at red EBG border close tower (mendons gap i think)

• rrusse.7058rrusse.7058 Member ✭✭✭

@kamikharzeeh.8016 Fair enough. I won't pretend to know exactly how long bugs have been sitting in PvP. That is admittedly a bad one and its not good that Arenanet let it sit for that long.

It doesn't seem right for folks to treat this as a balance patch when it simply isn't that. I would love to have one, but we know why there have not been any major changes, and acting like we don't know or undertand why is ignorance.

Zommoros giveth and Zommoros taketh away.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@rrusse.7058 said:
    @kamikharzeeh.8016 Fair enough. I won't pretend to know exactly how long bugs have been sitting in PvP. That is admittedly a bad one and its not good that Arenanet let it sit for that long.

It doesn't seem right for folks to treat this as a balance patch when it simply isn't that. I would love to have one, but we know why there have not been any major changes, and acting like we don't know or undertand why is ignorance.

It’s not that they are treating this as a balance patch. It’s that there hasn’t BEEN a balance patch in pretty much 6 months. The OP was a significant level of sarcasm.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• @Dawdler.8521 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

If the tree is anything like the one by west necro, entire EB zergs are going to wipe to it. So at least it would offer some new amusement.

That tree claimed my guild once. It was a sad day. A sad three-way battle. That tree was mocking us, it got us in our self-bomb. A truly horrendous and demonic entity.

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

you cannot even encrypt the sarcasm anymore.

someone hijacked the encryption?

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• The new tree in EB changed the way my guild plays. New dimension to terrain usage. All this on top of the amazing balance patch. Thank you! I bought 16k gems as a gesture of appreciation! :)

• @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

When I came to ow, the lumberjacks were there. The tree is now gone again :angry:

• Ronin.4501Ronin.4501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021

Here's the sad reality; There likely will not be another WvW update/balance patch/new map/etc. coming for WvW...EVER. What little resources Anet/GW2 have left will be fully devoted to the next expansion, reason being it's make or break time for both the game AND the company. If the expansion doesn't generate a LOT of revenue for the company, GW2 (and GW1 for that matter) will die and so will Anet. A lot of the blame falls on Anet for the way it chose to generate revenue, focusing ONLY on gem store transactions and ignoring micro-transactions, which largely fund other games/gaming companies. In the short run that was good for WvW players like you and me, but in the long run it's led to the demise of the company. Rather than forcing free-to-play accounts to pay for access to things like WvW and PvP, they focused all their micro-transactions around the Living Story. Furthermore, Anet only receives maybe 25-30% of the money spent in the gem store, with a small percentage going to the 3rd party company running the transactions and the majority of the money going to Anet's parent company, NCSoft, which in turn uses the profits on OTHER games, not GW2. And even if Anet completely dissolved its relationship with NCSoft, odds are contractual agreements set forth a long time ago will still result in NCSoft still receiving most of the money from the gem store. It's a sad situation, but it is what it is.

And if you don't believe me, see how long this comment stays around after I've made it. In years past this comment would have been removed within a short period of time after I posted it and I likely would've received some form of punishment as a result. Now, it's all too likely nothing will happen and this comment will remain...because Anet simply does not have the resources available to bother policing the forums as they once did, and it's entirely likely that there isn't a single dev left working on WvW these days.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue/etc.
    Questionable Integrity [Sin]
    Stormbluff Isle
    Mithril Knight