...Is Trapper DH an issue?

Abelisk.5148

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I remember playing Conquest religiously >1-2 years ago and trapper DH was seen as a big fat meme. What happened? Why is it suddenly "meta"? Can someone explain lol, I feel like it's ez countered.Currently nothing can burst harder then Burn DH, not even power builds and it does it while it can go invisible and in AOE with generally defensive amulet, it came about from PVE buffs to mechanical burn application to core traits so FB can do dps. So since its guardian and not necro it can't be easily focused cause it burns your ass off if you dont have condition cleansing support and you know guard blocks and stuff. So yeah PoF changes suck.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:I remember playing Conquest religiously >1-2 years ago and trapper DH was seen as a big fat meme. What happened? Why is it suddenly "meta"? Can someone explain lol, I feel like it's ez countered.

So much has changed, basically stability got super nerfed across the board, so i guess any class could stand in their cc trap, you also had the insta save traits that were gone from game. And everybody also had a lot more burst than a stealth could save you from.

Back then trap dh was also (only) power, which is still meme

Try playing PvP again. 1-2 years ago means before the huge downscaling patch last february. That patch changed everything, builds gatekept by the oneshot meta were finally viable, not to mention they did not tone down everything equally.

So yes it is absolutely a problem. It wouldn't be without trapper runes, but in this current slowed down meta on demand bursts of stealth&superspeed are insanely powerful.

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Its a low effort meme build that does quite well in a lot of matchups and teamfights. Power is easily countered if you avoid the stealth pull and can set off their traps without getting cc chained, but not every build can do that. Condi is just stupid and not even worth fighting unless you can cleanse every few seconds.

This ^

It's one of those meme builds that does what it does so well it tends to completely shut down anything that doesn't have the tools to fight it.

Eg. full Venom Thief = meme build, only going to kill people with 0 cleanse, will die extremely easily. // "Sic Em!" Soulbeast = meme build, can kill most things even if they're prepared, can be hard countered but also has options to avoid that.Trap DH would fit in the latter category.

@Shroud.2307 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:Its a low effort meme build that does quite well in a lot of matchups and teamfights. Power is easily countered if you avoid the stealth pull and can set off their traps without getting cc chained, but not every build can do that. Condi is just stupid and not even worth fighting unless you can cleanse every few seconds.

This ^

It's one of those meme builds that does what it does so well it tends to completely shut down anything that doesn't have the tools to fight it.

Eg. full Venom Thief = meme build, only going to kill people with 0 cleanse, will die extremely easily. // "Sic Em!" Soulbeast = meme build, can kill most things even if they're prepared, can be hard countered but also has options to avoid that.Trap DH would fit in the latter category.

Well yeah because anything with Resistance or Cleanse can sit back and rest easy to the pressure.

We're in the part where effectively most things have a counter and can be countered, which is good.