Game crashes after February 23 Update — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Game crashes after February 23 Update

Hi all

After the update, I am unable to log into my characters, I have tried the repair 2 times but still no luck

Does not give an error just closes the game. I was able to log into one of my characters, but soon after game closed again.

Any1 else experiencing this?

Comments

• Exactly the same for me!

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Technical details about your systems would help...

• Schimmi.6872Schimmi.6872 Member ✭✭✭

Are you using any addons like arc, if yes, you should deactivate or update it?

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭✭

arcdps is definitely a problem. I deleted the dll, which fixed my problem (crash once I had selected my character to play). A guildie has updated arc, and says it is still crashing their game.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2021

@Hesione.9412 said:
    arcdps is definitely a problem. I deleted the dll, which fixed my problem (crash once I had selected my character to play). A guildie has updated arc, and says it is still crashing their game.

I have updated arc and is not crashing so your friend got some other problem on their end.

Edit
    was about 10 hours ago I updated

• HappyGilmore.1597HappyGilmore.1597 Member ✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021

I started with a fresh version of GW2 Addon Manager(all apps) and it crashes. ArcDPS solo install works. Testing everything right now.
    ArcDPS with:
    d912pxy: works
    Buildpad: works
    ArcDPS scrolling combat text: DOES NOT WORK. (game will not even load)
    ArcDPS Blish Hud Int: works
    ArcDPS Boon Table: works
    ArcDPS Killproof-me: works
    ArcDPS Mechanics: works
    ArcDPS uploader: works
    GW2 Radial: kinda works ( caused a crash when I was reloading the game) 1st initital load worked fine. (works fine in-game however it crashes the game when you click "Exit Game")
    libimgui: not sure how it works (works fine in-game however it crashes the game when you click "Exit Game") I don't know how to use it in game to test it. Running around worked with it installed until you leave game.
    SelectRenderer: did not cause a crash, however I am not sure where the settings are.

After each test Fail. I will be performing a clean install of the addon manager and using the apps that work.

I only use ArcDPS (basic), Buildpad and d912pxy personally. I did use the scrolling text until the patch update. I just ran tests for the purpose of figuring out the issue. I did not look at the scripts/coding.

I9-9900K @4.5ghz
    32gb ram 3200mhz
    SSD 970 Evo 1TB
    Seagate 2TB backup
    Samsung G7 27 1440p
    Lian li PC-011
    12 @120mm fans
    Gigabyte 5700XT @ 2000mhz
    Corsair H150i RGB
    MSI Pro Carbon z390

All windows updates installed, radeon GPU updates and Bios updated.

• HappyGilmore.1597HappyGilmore.1597 Member ✭✭
    edited February 25, 2021
  • Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've gotten two crashes tonight from doing things in the Equipment panel.

First crash I changed outfits, went to hit the checkmark to display it, and boom - Send error report.

Second - Hit the back button on the equipment panel to go back to the main hero panel and boom - Send error report.