100% Crit Build

Arcanum.4637

Hi! This is the first time posting on this forum. Wanted opinions if my build would be good enough for high level pve (fractals and raids)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlUQNAsXmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4beskFNlidMOj24PIHyksdBCgGA-jxSBQBL8QAISleWSFEGpEUP6LyoygEq+BFeAAA4EAohjAQR2fIAwBw5Nv5nH48zP/8zPvrXf91P/8zP/8zPvUARMGA-e

I haven't fully gotten all the gear in game, I want opinions before fully committing. I know power rev isn't usually considered good enough, but I figured being able to gain 100% crit rate with traits I could potentially out power a condi rev.

Just to clarify, you know the trait that increases critical hit effectiveness while under the effect of fury by 100% only increases the crit bonus of fury to 40% and doesn't give you 100% chance right? If so, what other traits are getting you to that crit chance when you aren't going full glass?

Sorry! Should have been more clear. The renegade's passiveBrutal Momentum 8 While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain vigor when you gain fury.It increases crit by 33% while full endurance so between that and the invocation trait it gives you 73% crit rate right there.

Gotcha, gotcha. Haven't played around much with Renegade so I know basically nothing about it yet. 100% crit isn't that great on Herald but maybe the extra offensive capabilities of Renegade make it more viable as competitive damage? Worth checking out at least, I'd agree. Especially since from what I've seen of Condi Ren, it demands particular scenarios to be more effective than regular Condi rev.

Well in raids you don't really need to go out of your way to build for 100% crit, full Viper's or Berserker will get you there after your standard raid buffs are applied, even without Invocation. And in fractals, you get a ton of bonus precision if you're using Mist Offensive Potions.

Not on the topic of crit-rate but something else I wanna toss out there is; if you're building for Raids/Fractals you want to avoid things like Sigils of Strength or Runes of Rage and go for a straight damage set up like Runes of the Scholar and Sigils of Air/Force. The reason for this is that you'll have support classes worrying about your 100% fury uptime and perma-25 might stacks. (Not to mention you have your f2). Strength/Rage/Etc are very useful when you're by yourself or in like WvW or sPvP or whatever, but for group play you're going to be getting those buffs anyways in any semi-competent group, so you're essentially just depriving yourself of damage by using them.

@narcx.3570 said:Well in raids you don't really need to go out of your way to build for 100% crit, full Viper's or Berserker will get you there after your standard raid buffs are applied, even without Invocation. And in fractals, you get a ton of bonus precision if you're using Mist Offensive Potions.

Not on the topic of crit-rate but something else I wanna toss out there is; if you're building for Raids/Fractals you want to avoid things like Sigils of Strength or Runes of Rage and go for a straight damage set up like Runes of the Scholar and Sigils of Air/Force. The reason for this is that you'll have support classes worrying about your 100% fury uptime and perma-25 might stacks. (Not to mention you have your f2). Strength/Rage/Etc are very useful when you're by yourself or in like WvW or sPvP or whatever, but for group play you're going to be getting those buffs anyways in any semi-competent group, so you're essentially just depriving yourself of damage by using them.

Good point about the runes/sigils of might.I don't actually know much about raids anyway, tbh. Still looking for a training group or something.

Archived