What do you think will happen to WvW if Firebrand gets nerfed

PrinceValentine.9320

@Dawdler.8521 said:It'd be funny if everyone switched to DH and relied on other sources for support. Can you imagine the meta hell of zergs with ~15-20 trappers dumping spinning swords everywhere? Oh look an enemy zerg lets puFWOOOMP 25 people instantly died from traps the enemy zerg already has off cooldown.

I would love to see that happen at least once tho. Same for a group of 25 Deadeyes all using mark with mug, improv, sleight of hand and collateral damage all traited, all on a single target xD

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:It'd be funny if everyone switched to DH and relied on other sources for support. Can you imagine the meta
hell
of zergs with ~15-20 trappers dumping spinning swords everywhere? Oh look an enemy zerg lets pu
FWOOOMP
25 people instantly died from traps the enemy zerg already has off cooldown

I would love to see that happen at least once tho. Same for a group of 25 Deadeyes all using mark with mug, improv, sleight of hand and collateral damage all traited, all on a single target xD

Reminds me of necro runs. Can be fun, realistically rather 1-2 time occurrence.

guardian has some important skills that aren't FB exclusive. we would simply have to find a working build, but it makes no real sense to think about it.

the complaints about sustain are just from smallscale players and ppt'ers... everyone who knows how to press their damage gets a firebrand down like anything else.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 the first problem there is that thieves are usually having no experience with coordinated movement. half of them would attack too early, and 10 more would die in the first enemy bomb fields.... we had a 15ish enemy theif group trying sth alike (not only DE i think), but they wiped completely for 2-3 kills constantly. they killed some pugs during blobfights... impressive. or nah, those woulda died anyways.

@ugrakarma.9416 old misleading thing, u can get exotic minstrels extremly easy in Wvw. currently hoarding 17+2 triumphant warlords armor boxes and even some ascended armor boxes that would be possible to convert stats. weapons are provided by the obsidian boxes.

rune of the monk takes way longer (reward track) than the minstrel gear for new players, but on pluspoints, after u got those, you can equip two supports likely ;P

@Dawdler.8521 just that the swordsoJ are meleerange. if not herald disappears as well, that's not gonna end too well for the dh's. and kinda, that's what dragonhunters are used for yet. and it worked way better when all traps had full dps. two zerker dhscould down a mounted player with traps ;P

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:guardian has some important skills that aren't FB exclusive. we would simply have to find a working build, but it makes no real sense to think about it.

the complaints about sustain are just from smallscale players and ppt'ers... everyone who knows how to press their damage gets a firebrand down like anything else.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 the first problem there is that thieves are usually having no experience with coordinated movement. half of them would attack too early, and 10 more would die in the first enemy bomb fields.... we had a 15ish enemy theif group trying sth alike (not only DE i think), but they wiped completely for 2-3 kills constantly. they killed some pugs during blobfights... impressive. or nah, those woulda died anyways.

@ugrakarma.9416 old misleading thing, u can get exotic minstrels extremly easy in Wvw. currently hoarding 17+2 triumphant warlords armor boxes and even some ascended armor boxes that would be possible to convert stats. weapons are provided by the obsidian boxes.

rune of the monk takes way longer (reward track) than the minstrel gear for new players, but on pluspoints, after u got those, you can equip two supports likely ;P

@Dawdler.8521 just that the swordsoJ are meleerange. if not herald disappears as well, that's not gonna end too well for the dh's. and kinda, that's what dragonhunters are used for yet. and it worked way better when all traps had full dps. two zerker dhscould down a mounted player with traps ;P

For sure, I'm not saying that 25 deadeyes is a good idea lol. It would just be fun to see if they could nail that co-ordination, is all ^^

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:I like playing Firebrand because of how reactive you need to be to play this class but I have heard some complaints about Firebrand overperforming as a support class. I don't see that many firebrands, not as many as scourge's, dh's, and spellbreakers.You can find complaints about everything. That means nothing.

Firebrand has seen numerous nerfs in its support capabilities. Since ANet stopped the nerfing, it is pretty much there, where ANet wants to see it and won't see any further nerfs.

If you removed firebrand in the current state of the game, melee would become unplayable as a hammer warrior and cc tempest frontline would lock down whole zergs for ages. We would be back at pirateship over night.

i mean, i honestly have no idea if roamers ever really group up on voice.

maybe some thief or other roamerguilds (yeah, those exist afaik) do that even. i'd not wonder if ones like Envy, SA, ninja asura club, are on voice. ExYu probably is, and i think to know that they only recently entered Wvw, while beeing spvpers originally. they run with 20-25 ppl sometimes of full roamerbuilds (guess spvp builds).

and then there's this infamous thief guild of NA i think, who do or did paid comm sniping? doubt that works without some voice coordination. would be a slackery if they'd do gold-paid "work" without voice coordination.

last point: it works probs good against a pugzerg, but not anymore against a pug blob. size matters, and if only 10/50 get spike dmg off, that's enough to sevenshot the thief zerg.

The problems with WvW have little to do with classes and players (stealth being the exception), and much to do with a lack of overall vision towards real realm combat, vs forced PvP which is where they seem to be driving it. It would be nice to have WvW recognized (and developed) as not primarily PvP-driven, as there is a separate part of the game for that.

• Confused 1

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:@Dawdler.8521 just that the swordsoJ are meleerange. if not herald disappears as well, that's not gonna end too well for the dh's. and kinda, that's what dragonhunters are used for yet. and it worked way better when all traps had full dps. two zerker dhscould down a mounted player with traps ;PLast I checked Sword of Justice was a 900 range AoE attack.

@Jski.6180 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:u dont see many because the FB meta is expensive(minstrel).

You dont see as many because FB is a very boring class that most ppl see as a form of punishment to play. Its only used because its the power creep version of core gurd.

agreed, the concept is boring, i use it because is basically the easiest to farm blobs.

People would run more scrappers (which heal more) , heralds, and chronos.Scrappers have defense field, heralds have Inspiring Reinforcement, and chronos have mantra of concentration.

Nerfing firebrand stability is not the way to go.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:u dont see many because the FB meta is expensive(minstrel).

Pearls for for minstrel and Maguuma Lilies for trailblazer have tanked if you checked lately.

It would be nice; that spec was a mistake.

And yea we'd go back to core/DH as Guardian support was so indispensible that it could only be outdone by itself.

However, it would take a lot to nerf Firebrand to the point where people don't use them anymore, since stability is essential and no matter what you say, nobody is taking in Stance Share Dolyak Soulbeasts sadly.

There was a point where Guardians were somewhat marginal, and that was at the start of the HoT when stability was basically useless and everyone did that awful pirate ship meta. So that's not a solution.

The only true way to make Guardians not indispensable would be to put diminishing returns on CC so that stability isn't as required.

@Dawdler.8521 said:It'd be funny if everyone switched to DH and relied on other sources for support. Can you imagine the meta hell of zergs with ~15-20 trappers dumping spinning swords everywhere? Oh look an enemy zerg lets puFWOOOMP 25 people instantly died from traps the enemy zerg already has off cooldown.

Lol, we're heading that way.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

You dont see as many because FB is a very boring class that most ppl see as a form of punishment to play. Its only used because its the power creep version of core gurd.

agreed, the concept is boring, i use it because is basically the easiest to farm blobs.

It could be done in a fun way. But right now it is boring.