Thanks for Halloween 2017

Talindra.4958

I am not sure if there is a post on this already but I like to provide my feedback to this year's Halloween. It was a great one, and thank you arena net! thank you for all the new skins and achievements :) although the event is the same every year but it is the culture of the Halloween, the return of mad king every year. and love the new achievement points addition :) I still have a lot to do but I am maxing out all possible.I will miss the event once it is over

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wholeheartedly enjoyed the new mini quests bound to achievements and skins. <3 I just wish there was a real, full-fledged campaign (or extended quest chain) for Halloween that sends you all across Tyria for weeks, something little every day.

Or at least rock-paper-scissors, if nothing else. Anything that can make you enjoy the full three weeks of Halloween, not just the first couple of days, without feeling limited due to regular activities having a reward cap.

I was also looking for a thread like this, as I'm glad to see that ANet have brought some of the older content back this year after a lot of urging from players and added a couple of new things as well.Hopefully this means there might be a few new things to do during Wintersday this year too.

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:Likewise. I was surprised there was some new stuff added (well, for me it was new stuff) but seeing as Halloween is my favorite GW2 holiday of the year I was gonna be happy with it anyway. <3

Even if I can't get my hands on that blasted torch. D:

oh .. many people unaware the Touch of Madness - torch skin is actually very awesome. it is different to when you previewing it. the glow is more profound than when it is previewed. I made a quick video to show people and a few people bought the skin immediately when i showed this to them lol

@Talindra.4958 said:

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:Likewise. I was surprised there was some new stuff added (well, for me it was new stuff) but seeing as Halloween is my favorite GW2 holiday of the year I was gonna be happy with it anyway. <3

Even if I can't get my hands on that blasted torch. D:

oh .. many people unaware the Touch of Madness - torch skin is actually very awesome. it is different to when you previewing it. the glow is more profound than when it is previewed. I made a quick video to show people and a few people bought the skin immediately when i showed this to them lol

And it had the opposite effect on me.When I found out it looks nothing like the preview, I didn't want it.

I wanted something simplistic that look like I'm about to do a flame attack from my hand. Not make my hand into the human torch.

I very much enjoyed this year's Halloween event. Seeing the old Mad Memoirs achievements come back was great, and the new collections tied to them was also a good addition. And, even though I haven't played it yet this year, I was so glad that Lunatic Inquisition was finally brought back. This Halloween has been a good balance of the old standard stuff and newer achievements/collections.

Oh right ayumi. I nvr thought ppl wouldn't like awesome burning hand bcos I just love it so much so were all the ppl tht i showed to. I actually wish it was an armor skin.

Not sure why the preview doesn't show what the skin actually look like. I wonder if it is bcos a weapon skin effect can not preview together with the effect that covers armour skin since the it covers entire gloves skin.

@Samnang.1879 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Sam - did u actually get the dam infusion?? No way!!! Lol gratz ..I'm jealous now .. can I swear?? :P

i sold it cuz i thought i would get another xD, but looks like it was a once off T_T 1000bags later still none...

I'd sell too. It's cheaper each year.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Sam - did u actually get the dam infusion?? No way!!! Lol gratz ..I'm jealous now .. can I swear?? :P

i sold it cuz i thought i would get another xD, but looks like it was a once off T_T 1000bags later still none...

I'd sell too. It's cheaper each year.

rip, i always get rare things after they become semi-cheap xD i got The Lover about 3 months ago...also i love how u can say dam, but you can't say saxy...

The only miss I think was that the race in the lab was exclusive for PoF-players. I think that Halloween and Wintersday should be equally enjoyed and available by all players. It felt really divisive when I could fully complete dailies and several of my friends couldn't. Maybe in the future let players borrow mounts temporary for the event so they get a taste of how they handle?

Other than that, halloween is the best seasonal event in both GW and GW2 and this year was also fun!. Having the Mad King scavenge hunt return was really nice.

• ArenaNet Staff

I am glad you are enjoying the Halloween festival. It's my favorite time of the year: in RL and in the game. When I learned what the team had planned and saw some definite surprises and some things that had been requested in the past, I was super happy.

I spent probably 20 hours this weekend in the event. Ok, maybe 30. :) Anyway I was mostly Labyrinth, but visited my buddy, MKT, and did some other stuff. Like some of you mentioned, I will miss this festival so much when it ends but am so happy to have Wintersday coming down the pike!

Talindra -- Thank you for starting this thread! Oh and I shared your observation about Touch of Madness with the BLTC Team.

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:@Gaile Gray.6029 I also do mostly labyrinth, too. Mad Inquisition was all new to me and it's SOOOOO much fun (except when you spawn as a ghost in the dome ceiling of one of the buildings :p). I'm glad you guys brought it back because I heard it was good.

I'm excited for Wintersday. Topcalypse is my favorite event.

Me too I'm looking forward for wintersday return!! :)@Gaile. No problem and thanks xx

Archived