need lots and lots of geodes

hi all, i decided to craft the ambrite weapon set, i had enough fossils and mats etc but when it came to crafting i realised i need to get thousands of geodes for the recipies to craft.

i know i have a number of options, first off map completion, i have already done it on most of my characters when i needed something else with geodes so it would mean making a new character over and over to do map completion, secondly dry top events till ive earnt enough, third option is silverwaste farming for the sand from the boxes via chest farm and lastly reward tracks in either pvp or wvw.

i know its going to take a while whichever path i take to get them but wondering what peoples oppinions are on this and how they went about farming for geodes, ill do whichever route is fastest :smile:

Too bad you missed the Lunar New Year. It was possible to get 300 geodes each week for 10 x 200 Luck. As for advice, I'd suggest you probably don't rely on Silverwastes as that route seems to me the slowest. But I could be wrong I guess. Other than that, whatever you enjoy the most(or hate the least). For me, the answer is obvious: I hate Dry Top and I'm not really into sPvP much, but I like WvW every so often and the reward track seems to progress relatively fast.

@Hesione.9412 said:I had terrible drops trying to get the recipes from chests, so I bought most of them. I held off buying them until I was at least on a T4 map.

the recipies can drop from the burried chests? i originally looked on wiki to see if that was possible before i wasted geodes turning them into lockpicks but it only had the merchant as an aquisition method.

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:

@Hesione.9412 said:I had terrible drops trying to get the recipes from chests, so I bought most of them. I held off buying them until I was at least on a T4 map.

the recipies can drop from the burried chests? i originally looked on wiki to see if that was possible before i wasted geodes turning them into lockpicks but it only had the merchant as an aquisition method.

Even if they could it would not be worth turning geodes into lockpicks unless the drop rate was something like 30%+.Having never seen one drop I would say that is very doubtful.

They drop recipes for nomad gear

Yeah. Voucher (if you have some) seem a good idea to use here. Also the reward tracks. And then I heard doing events (especially during sandstorm) is recommended. This one here is the mentioned repeatable reward track: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maguuma_Wastes_Reward_Track

(There is another one not repeatable for Silverwastses only. Do not confuse it with that one.)