Always show green highlight on interactable object?

Not that I am aware of, but there is an option to turn on the text name above all intereactable objects. It is on the options general page, there is a large list of check boxes and it is like the 4th one from the bottom of that list, if I remember correctly. And it is something like "always show names of interactable objects".

You can also hold down either CTRL (items) or ALT (NPCS) to pull up the name of everything around you. You can also target an object by selecting it and pressing CTRL-T (like you would with an enemy). That will put a crosshair over it

Not sure if that helps with what you are asking though

Thanks for the replies. I've already tried these, and unfortunately they won't help in my case.

Basically, I was trying to find a way to make the 5 'A Hunger for Knowledge' books in West Bjora Marches more visible as they are extremely small and incredibly easy to miss while trying to hunt them down. I've found 4, but of course the last one is always the hardest to get (and I know I could just wiki it, but what's the fun in that?)

Although I do wish the achievement at least gave some type of hint where each book is located!

@"Day Trooper.3605" said:Thanks for the replies. I've already tried these, and unfortunately they won't help in my case.

Basically, I was trying to find a way to make the 5 'A Hunger for Knowledge' books in West Bjora Marches more visible as they are extremely small and incredibly easy to miss while trying to hunt them down. I've found 4, but of course the last one is always the hardest to get (and I know I could just wiki it, but what's the fun in that?)

Although I do wish the achievement at least gave some type of hint where each book is located!

In Options I have enabled "Show all Usable Object Names" active (tick), so I can see all items like books, bundles etc with yellow name tag above it. When you use keybind you will need to hold it down to show name tag as described above, there is no toggle where you change state between visual or hidden objects.

I find it best to set almost every "Show all_____" to active and have only other players name tag off as that can tax FPS, when there is a lot players and make it hard to see static objects like NPCs that you want interact with, object or hostile/enemies (red).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options

(Look at image that is on that page and you will find those options for "Show all___")

When you use "Call Target" (CTRL-T) which put a red cross and circle above targets head or object, it will also put name of target in chat, so it is possible to see what you or somebody else target before you press Take Target (T) to change Target to what have been called out with Call Target. You might need to set up filter in chat, so it will show (but I believe Call Target will always show in green text indepent on how set up your filter in chat).