weaver pvp help

ketorin.5923

hey folks,

looking for tips including skill rotations...

I am mostly a g1/g2 player on ranger, guard, mesmer all of which i do fine enough on

I love my weaver to death but for the life of me can't figure out how to play it in ranked.. when i fight them (even post tuesday barrier nerf) they gen ~25 might and a lot of barrier almost instantly and in a 1v1 i have a rough time with them.. I want to replicate this but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.. seems like i get dropped easily unless im +1ing..

I'm using the metabattle build

Against them:Kite and use range. The main bursts have very low range (Primordial Stance - shockwaves coming from the ele - and Pyro Vortex - small flames you absolutely need to step out of). Save a stunbreak for when they attack with Pyro Vortex: It usually follows one of these three CCs: Gale, Gale Strike or Tailored Victory. Watch out for those, they are the main burst windows for fire weavers.

Apart from that: Keep disengaging when you have no small cleanses left. The burst might be avoidable, but the various small sources of burning (fire aura, sword 2 etc.) will chip you apart slowly.

How to kill them: CC. They have extremely poor stunbreak (usually Twist of Fate on a 75 s CD) and los access to stability (Stone Resonance on a 50 s CD and Lava Skin on... 20ish s CD?). All only one stack, low duration. Then burst. Condi or power is both fine. Wait for them to use water 2, then burst when they switch into air or fire (when in fire, they have had their fire aura proc and can't immediately switch into water or earth for their defenses). It is a little hard to track in the beginning, since they have defenses on the secondary attunements too (earth especially), but you will learn to spot the windows with time.

As a weaver:First of all, you will have to get a feeling of when to switch into which attunement. It is tricky and not as straight forward with fire weaver as compared to for example water weaver. Mainly because fire is not only offense, but also your main source of cleanses. Water for healing and evades, some soft CC. Earth for protection and lots of defensive skills. Air for swiftness when kiting and some mobility and support in projectile denial.However, dual skills make it even more complicated: You might want to start your burst in air/earth for Gale Strike, then switch to fire for fire/air and Pyro Vortex. That requires some time to get used to.

Try to vary between offense and defense. When facing power builds, jump between fire and earth for high might uptime and damage. When kiting use water or just when expecting big burst skills and avoiding them with water 2. Air is always good when facing rangers and stuff, anything with projectiles. And quick CC of course.

For sustain, you often need to prepare for enemy bursts: pre-switch to earth for protection so you can have the invul when switching our of it. Don't switch into fire, when expecting a +1. Precast some dual skills for small barriers, generally try to use those as often as possible, most of them are pretty neat.

One more thing: Use combos. Especially jumps. Jumps in fire fields give fire aura, which cleanses. Jumps in your water field heals as much as a blast finisher does.

That's what I can think of spontaneously. :wink: Keep at it, it is hard to get into, but I find it very fun and rewarding. At least when you are looking for a bruiser/side noder. For support you need to look elsewhere, for strong +1 builds too. But I just like the style and with some time, you will get the hang of it. :smile:

@"ketorin.5923" said:hey folks,

looking for tips including skill rotations...

I am mostly a g1/g2 player on ranger, guard, mesmer all of which i do fine enough on

I love my weaver to death but for the life of me can't figure out how to play it in ranked.. when i fight them (even post tuesday barrier nerf) they gen ~25 might and a lot of barrier almost instantly and in a 1v1 i have a rough time with them.. I want to replicate this but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.. seems like i get dropped easily unless im +1ing..

I'm using the metabattle build

Try this build