Revamp aquatic combat

Zoid.2568

@yoni.7015 said:

@yoni.7015 said:No thanks, underwater combat is no fun.

They can make it fun with a revamp.No, they can’t and they don’t have to. Just leave it like it is.

That's not up to any of us. If you expect other people to suddenly start thinking like you and just quietly stop posting suggestions for its improvement, then prepare for disappointment.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

They can make it fun with a revamp.No, they can’t and they don’t have to. Just leave it like it is.

That's not up to any of us. If you expect other people to suddenly start thinking like you and just quietly stop posting suggestions for its improvement, then prepare for disappointment.

I don’t expect that, this is a forum where people can express their opinions on things, right? You should acknowledge that not everyone thinks like you and you should respect that.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s funny. People want a three D game with 2 D combat....

lol ikr? personally underwater combat is fine for me.

though if there'd be any revamping to do, i'd have a look at some of the underwater skills for some classes... in my opinion some classes clunky to use underwater while others are really fun to play (like for example: speargun on thief and ranger for me are alright but i just couldn't with engineer)

I'd be open to this. I'm one of the few mad lads who genuinely enjoys underwater combat. I want Frenzy - A fish that shoots fish at other fish. It's the only legendary I have an actual interest in.

If they can improve upon what's already there, it just means I can shoot more fish at other fish with greater efficiency.

@Zoid.2568 said:

So leave ít boring when ít can be fixed??

It will stay boring and the majority of players don’t like underwater content. So why waste resources on something only a very small minority enjoys?

@yoni.7015 said:

It will stay boring and the majority of players don’t like underwater content. So why waste resources on something only a very small minority enjoys?

Fair enough, then lets get rid of Raids, PvP, WvW, Fractals and Strike missions then because only a minority of players enjoy those as well.100% focus from here on out only on PvE story..Lets also get rid of the most underused/underpowered classes as well and stop making new specs for them.. since that's a waste of resources as well.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Fair enough, then lets get rid of Raids, PvP, WvW, Fractals and Strike missions then because only a minority of players enjoy those as well.100% focus from here on out only on PvE story..Lets also get rid of the most underused/underpowered classes as well and stop making new specs for them.. since that's a waste of resources as well.

That’s a terrible comparison but okay.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:It’s funny. People want a three D game with 2 D combat....

lol ikr? personally underwater combat is fine for me.

though if there'd be any revamping to do, i'd have a look at some of the underwater skills for some classes... in my opinion some classes clunky to use underwater while others are really fun to play (like for example: speargun on thief and ranger for me are alright but i just couldn't with engineer)

New skills or a more thorough revamp would be great, and I’d really enjoy that. I will say, it was kind of painful before they upped the underwater skill damage.

That being said, I think too many people dislike it so much, we are unlikely to see a significant increase in the percentage of the new maps (total not necessarily one map) that are water. Understandably I am sure the developers would see it as essentially wasted effort, or effort better spent elsewhere.

But the only elder dragon left, assuming we off Jormag and Primordus before the expansion, would be the elder dragon of the sea. Underwater content is basically guaranteed to happen. I've never had an issue with it, if anything I like being less restricted in my movement. See it as flying, but underwater - slowly.As for the skills, they are fine imo, they work, they do damage, they looks cool. In some instance they are very good. Necromancer has an aoe that quickly slaps over 20 bleeds on everything around him (when properly traited at least), very strong on condi builds.

@yoni.7015 said:I don’t expect that, this is a forum where people can express their opinions on things, right? You should acknowledge that not everyone thinks like you and you should respect that.

Says the one who purports to speak for "most" of the players...

@yoni.7015 said:No thanks, underwater combat is no fun. Most player hate it so why should they waste resources on it?

@yoni.7015 said:

That’s a terrible comparison but okay.

Not entirely lol.All those game modes require their own server space so they're constantly costing resources to keep in the game unlike water content which is tied into a bunch of maps that would exist with or without it.Removing the classes would be a waste though but not developing new specs for them is pretty much on the line.

Point was simple enough though, just because you don't like or use something doesn't make it a waste to improve it.One of the main reasons a lot of people don't like underwater content is because of how poor it is compared to the land content.. lack of weapons, skills and build diversity.More people would enjoy it if it had the same combat potential as the land combat does, maybe even the majority would.

Can't please everyone though, some will hate it even if was better than land combat just because they don't care for the concept and that's fine.

I loathe underwater combat in other games, it's a chore to go through, it's not fun. When I started GW2 I dreaded once again underwater combat. However, it's honestly pretty good, and some interesting places and artwork under the water.

That being said do I want more underwater combat or areas? Absolutely no. My sylvari isn't made of seaweed. Improving the experience or skills would not help, it's just....underwater.