Legendary armory

I don't like the idea of teasing something that is more than 6 months out, unless they say it will be attached with an expansion or LS.

How long has there been talk of bringing Jeweler up to Level 500 or night-time effects to Kraitkin? And now the Legendary Armory has got people excited without a rollout timeline.

@Samnang.1879 said:This legendary armory thing better be free... and not a gemstore item that's attached to one toon and you have to buy 20 if you have 20 toons... that would kitten me off so bad.

Even if you do have to purchase it, make it Account-bound.

Not everyone has enough Legendary weapons to pass around to their characters to matter. I would just like to salvage my Ascended equals to make inventory space.

@"Samnang.1879" said:This legendary armory thing better be free... and not a gemstore item that's attached to one toon and you have to buy 20 if you have 20 toons... that would kitten me off so bad.

I thnk that would defeat the purpose, you already can put the same legendary stuff in equipment slots within one character and have different stats, runes and infusions on each "version". I believe the purpose of it is to share the armor and a weapon between all your characters (who can use it of course), and not have to constantly unequip/bank/equip the sets.

As for will it be free? Well, i'd like it to be, but who knows....I mean, they sell other "convenience" items like bank space, material storage and whatnot.A legendary armory would kinda fall into those same convenience parameters.

Or it could be free, but you'll then have to buy build templates for it so you can store multiple complete builds, idk...

I doubt they'd make the Armory cost anything considering the backlash they got form the equipment templates being so expensive.They said they wanted this to be an extension of the templates that makes Legendary items more valuable, I think making it cost money would defeat the purpose.

I bet the legendary armory will be a reward for a collection. Said collection will require soulbinding 6 pieces of legendary armor, 2 legendary rings, 2 legendary accessories, 1 legendary backpack, 1 legendary amulet, and 1 legendary weapon.

Just to be extra evil only Conflux not Slumbering Conflux will count thus forcing more people into raids to get the legendary ring from there and only Transcendence not Slumbering Transcendence will count thus forcing people into ATs.

Frankly I'd rather pay 2000 gems for an account bound version than have to go into raids.

@"Samnang.1879" said:This legendary armory thing better be free... and not a gemstore item that's attached to one toon and you have to buy 20 if you have 20 toons... that would kitten me off so bad.

Agreed. We've already been let down regarding a proper implementation of a template system. What we got are mere loadouts. You can't permanently save equipment templates (not even via code outside of the game), the build template storage is limited and costly, and the loadouts are costly and even more limited. It's the worst design one could think of. All server-sided, too, so when something breaks your carefully assembled "templates" get messed up for good.

Bad enough that we are forced to pay for that existing kitten - but if they charge us for the use of a "Legendary Armory" as well, that would be another heavy slap in the face.

@Balsa.3951 said:im totally blocked from gearing up alts for a year now since I m in the air Legendary build template yes or never

legendary armor as it is now is not worth the effort for alts but acended will be a waste in case the legendary armory comes

Ascended is a waste no matter what, thats how convoluted game has become.

@Funky.4861 said:Ascended is only a waste if you intend to go for legendary gear. It's cheaper and easier to acquire and is stat-swappable, though there is a slight inconvenience involved.

The whole gearing system has become one big inconvenience. I guess thats why they want to push more people towards legendary because it has gone beyond their ability to solve it because of so many bad decisions along the way.Excotic -> Legendary is the only way to go and ascended just drains huge amount of your resources on that journey (unless you have extreme luck and get ascended chest of exactly what you need in every champion bag) for something that will become completely useless once you have legendary. Not to mention upgrades on to p of THAT.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:I strongly believe the Legendary Armory will be a selling point for the expansion.

Hopefully not because that means that expansion is complete kitten

Templates are a core feature, and legendary armory is an update to this feature. It won’t be an expansion feature.

Yeeeeeah. Wanna bet?

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

@TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:I strongly believe the Legendary Armory will be a selling point for the expansion.

Hopefully not because that means that expansion is complete kitten

Templates are a core feature, and legendary armory is an update to this feature. It won’t be an expansion feature.

Core features can be updated in a expansion release. But as a marketing selling point its far better selling it as an expansion feature.

It's weird the amount of wishful thinking on a feature that has almost no impact to the general population. How many people do you think possess enough legendary items to take advantage of such a thing? If any sort of development around a Legendary Armory exists, it better be free or come with some massive benefit to people with not-legendary items.

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's weird the amount of wishful thinking on a feature that has almost no impact to the general population. How many people do you think possess enough legendary items to take advantage of such a thing? If any sort of development around a Legendary Armory exists, it better be free or come with some massive benefit to people with not-legendary items.

The legendary armor should be the first legendary to craft for every player which wants to stay in the game for a while. Is arguably at least x10 times more useful than legenday weapons because those can largely change from class, build and use, whereas having an armor with swappable stats, runes and infusions is huge. Is also farily cheap to obtain (mine from PvP cost me ~1800 gold coins, albeit the tokkens take me year and half) or you can pay more but get the pieces faster in WvW or PvE. I'm already saving tokens for the second (done) and third (will finish this autumn) legendary armors, waiting to see the exact implementation before chosing between having one of each (heavy, mid & light) or going with 3 heavies if the implementation ends being horrible (because I play heavies 99% of the time). The template system already is garbage compared to the one present in Daiblo III (and I'm talking about functionality, not even taking the cost in consideration) and is fully broken with some classes (keeps destroying my predefined loadouts in my Revenants almost every time I enter in PvP).

In this game even the most casual "I only enter to do the daily" player is able to craft one legendary each two years, so I would asume that this will have a huge relevance. And for sure the announcement freezed any effort from me into crafting new ascended armors...

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's weird the amount of wishful thinking on a feature that has almost no impact to the general population. How many people do you think possess enough legendary items to take advantage of such a thing? If any sort of development around a Legendary Armory exists, it better be free or come with some massive benefit to people with not-legendary items.

The legendary armor should be the first legendary to craft for every player which wants to stay in the game for a while. Is arguably at least x10 times more useful than legenday weapons because those can largely change from class, build and use, whereas having an armor with swappable stats, runes and infusions is huge. Is also farily cheap to obtain (mine from PvP cost me ~1800 gold coins, albeit the tokkens take me year and half) or you can pay more but get the pieces faster in WvW or PvE. I'm already saving tokens for the second (done) and third (will finish this autumn) legendary armors, waiting to see the exact implementation before chosing between having one of each (heavy, mid & light) or going with 3 heavies if the implementation ends being horrible (because I play heavies 99% of the time). The template system already is garbage compared to the one present in Daiblo III (and I'm talking about functionality, not even taking the cost in consideration) and is fully broken with some classes (keeps destroying my predefined loadouts in my Revenants almost every time I enter in PvP).

In this game even the most casual "I only enter to do the daily" player is able to craft one legendary each two years, so I would asume that this will have a huge relevance. And for sure the announcement freezed any effort from me into crafting new ascended armors...

Maybe that's all true. Maybe a casual could do what you what you say. I'm just questioning the concept of a legendary armory and how beneficial that is to the playerbase. I would find it a REALLY hard sell to pay for a feature as part of an expansion that fixes a broken one for a fraction of the population or doesn't give me any benefit.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe that's all true. Maybe a casual could do what you what you say. I'm just questioning the concept of a legendary armory and how beneficial that is to the playerbase. I would find it a REALLY hard sell to pay for a feature as part of an expansion that fixes a broken one for a fraction of the population or doesn't give me any benefit.

I have no clue if they will make the feature of shared legendary wardrobe a free to access to everyone or will hide it behind a paywall. From my  perspective, making it free would benefit both the players and the company, because getting legendaries is achievable but takes time, and having that goal enhances player retention. And not only for newcomers: I have the legendary heavy armor + The Ascension + 7 weapons, but if they are shared directly from the menu, it will motivate me to craft new ones, so I would play more.  But if has a similar system as with the templates, and you need to pay each access separately, I just will craft a second legendary heavy armor for one of my Guardians (the current one I have is wear by my main, a Revenant) and will stop making new ones. I spent gems/real money in template slots for my two most used characters, but have 0 interest into paying to expand the capabilities of the rest.  Really, I don't care about which implementation ANet will chose for the feature: I think that free access will be better for the game, even for the poorest of the players. I just will adjust the way in which I play the game to the given circumstances, because at the end of the day the time I spent in GW2 depends of what I find appealing and enjoyable, not about hwat they decide to focus on. At the end of the day we, the players, have the choice to stay or leave.