End of Dragons: Character Customization

With expansions we often see new hairstyles, eye colors, faces, etc. I of course hope that EoD also brings such things to the table.

I'd also like to suggest adding new physique options that affect running animations, idle animations, etc.

May main is a norn, so I will start with that. First, I understand that norn are not supposed to be "big humans" and the following suggestions are not designed to make them less norn-like, but rather appeal to more people in response to past criticism as well as issues I have had personally with armor.

Male nornAdjust idle posture. Currently, male norn have a spine that bends to to one side and also have a semi-kyphotic posture. This effects armor pieces resulting in clipping issues, and has been pointed out as undesirable by members of the community. Additionally, devs have to be careful with new physiques to tone down the oversized shoulders, which cause much frustration in "fashion wars". All of these things have been complaints in the past about male norn, and instead of "redoing" the basic models, which I wouldn't suggest because some people may prefer the current aesthetic, adding additional models would be most welcome, especially since it may help certain pieces of armor fit together better without clipping issues.

Additionally, less "floppy" (I'm not really sure how to describe the animation) running animations would be cool to see and could be tied to the updated character physique models. A fun feature would also to have new idle animations (replacing the current ones: arm stretch and fist punching) with with something like rubbing hands together or stroking beard/chin, just to add a bit more dynamism.

Female nornAlmost an opposite problem of the male norn, there needs to be a couple "beastly" female physiques for the female norn. While the men may look like an offshoot of kodan, female norn of such stature cannot be found in the population. This contrast has always been one of debate and criticism, and would be helpful in establishing that norn share a common ancestor.

Both male and female norn also need more tattoos and tattoo colors.

Also drop of few of the new physique modles an NPCs in a couple of the towns.

For others who play other races (or norn), what additional customization options would you like to see in terms of updated physiques and animations (running, idle, etc.)?

• Like 4

@firedragon.8953 said:With expansions we often see new hairstyles, eye colors, faces, etc. I of course hope that EoD also brings such things to the table.

Sure it brings new hairstyles. The fact that they are human only additions might be a problem for some people, but since most people play humans, it's not a big enough problem for anet to care about.

@"firedragon.8953" said:Female nornAlmost an opposite problem of the male norn, there needs to be a couple "beastly" female physiques for the female norn. While the men may look like an offshoot of kodan, female norn of such stature cannot be found in the population. This contrast has always been one of debate and criticism, and would be helpful in establishing that norn share a common ancestor.No.

This goes against the obvious game lore that all Human and Norn females have evolved to look like supermodels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@"Mortifera.6138" said:I like the norn idle posture.. so no.

What? This doesn't even make sense. I said current norn options would still exist. I am asking for ADDITIONAL ones. I thought I outlined that clearly. So I will respond here just in case others think this is another request to "rework" the norn. It is not.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, SirTomato.3627 said:

Doesn't really matter. Human females still will be like 80% of your screen

"Wow, look, yet another succubus vampirella character."

Actually came out of my mouth playing PvP today. Can't throw a rock without hitting one.

Although, a fair amount are Norn, since female Norn are largely just giant humans. All the better to display your fantasies for all to see.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really love the suggestion of adding customizable idle stances. 
Emotes have become rewards now, so maybe they could implement new animations similarly. That would actually be a great way to show prestige too in some cases.

As for me - I would love a long hair side shave for asura. I would also love for them to have textured curls that had some physics to them. We currently have "curly hair" but it is solid enough to be a helmet.  I would love for all hairstyles on all races to be available on all genders. 

I REALLY love the suggestion to add more body options for the female norn.
By that same token, I would like more "ugly" options for female races: torn ears and scars for female asura, twisted facial scars for female norn and human and sylvari. 
Considering what our characters do - it makes sense that our female commanders could be heavily muscled, and covered in scars. I mean why not? 

• Like 4