Random Spell Effects

I'm getting this too, and I noticed it's when there's a zerg nearby, as it happened a lot to me today while map completing Lake Doric. I was was close to the Centaur camp where everyone farms leather and that's when the random spells like a Necro's Feast if Corruption just kept reappearing on the side of my screen with the sounds and all. A few Mesmer clone shattering sounds I heard as well.

IDK if its a bug (unlikely) or if it was added to the game intentionally - if it was intentionally, I would really love to know how the team-meeting went where they decided to add this "feature":

A: Dudes, dudes! Lets add random spell-effects to a competitive mode that sound like enemies are nearby!!!B: HAHAHAH!!!! GREAT IDEA!!!!C: LOL!!! Yeah let those noobs search their keeps for non-existing enemies!!! HAHAHA!!!A: And next year we will just kill the players randomly and give them debuffs!!! HAHAHAHA!!! That will be SO hilarious!!!!

Sorry, but I'm really, really annoyed that they add stuff like this to WvW where its nothing but utterly annoying and distracting.

Archived