New added feature.

blambidy.3216

idk if someone already said this. I thought what would be cool when someone dies completely to be able to carry them to a safe spot, And then heal them. I thought that would be awesome to add to the game in pve, dungeons and fractals. However I don't think it be wise to do that in raids or PvP since they are very fast paced and think it would make it worse. However during pve dungeons and fractals, I think it would be good rather then the whole team leaving until it's a safe spot and that person has to run alone. Especially it sucks when people are trying to finish the dungeons and fractals in 1 min, so you have to run through mobs, sucks if you keep dying and can't get through because there's mobs. So while a person is carrying I thought that each class has a certain one hand weapon to fight back. Since you have to carey the person on one of the sides. And that the movement speed is slightly slower. However there is a hot key button to Sprint for a certain amount of time.

Theres couple reasons why I thought we should add this. The post is 1. And the other reason is because when your in pve. During a meta battle, some people don't waypoint back. I wish they did and run back. However I thought of what if we carey them to a safe spot to res because, many times in meta events we dont have the possibility to res. The person is most likely in aoe spots. If we could get that person out of aoe. And then everyone would stack and heal. It would be much easier Then seeing a dead person when they could be helping. However I do wish people would waypoint and run back. Also the waypoint and run back scenario can not happen in dungeons or fractals. Your party can not waypoint and come back during combat. So solution would be party defends while one person Carey's and heals so the party is back to full advantage of killing the monster.

@Dawdler.8521 said:No, I dont think carrying them is a very good idea. It would make you slow and unable to fight.

Now, kicking them to safety I could get behind. Much more effective and leaves both hands free for weapons.

How bout this. Arenanet adds traits for carrying a person so that you don't lack in any stats? For example the traits would specify the stats which you would lack with one hand. And that there's numerous traits that go with your build. For example carrying a person brings in adrenaline. Since your body is putting in that much stress. So we pick what stats the adrenaline will add for our character in picking them up. If we are power and we are stuck one handed, we will have atleast double power in our stats to compensate. If your condi you get atleast double in the stats for condi. And the fact that adrenaline kicks in the skills are recharged twice as fast. Hmmmm matter of fact since adrenaline kicks in we should have the ability to run faster instead of going slower. Its like a person is dead so your toon reacts extra hard to revive that person. And that it would be an added section for just resing a person.

@blambidy.3216 said:Kicking is a great idea actually. Kinda mean to a dead body but hey we do heal you later. xD.I dunno, it sounds like something that could be easily misused by trolls.Just like dropping skritt into lava in that one area.

Zones such as Verdant Brink would be especially prone to abuse.

@Zaltys.7649 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Kicking is a great idea actually. Kinda mean to a dead body but hey we do heal you later. xD.I dunno, it sounds like something that could be easily misused by trolls.Just like dropping skritt into lava in that one area.

True thought about it. Some people might just kick you around and do it the whole time instead of resing

Making me think of mages in FFXI where someone is dead close to a bunch of enemies, they would use Tractor to pull a dead body to a safe spot before reviving.

I can only see this feature working with ranged weapons.Warrior: Someone over shoulder and a rifle in one hand, but because of the length, the shots would be slower.

Guardian: Maybe Sceptre with flinging

Revenant: I have no clue... hammer I can't see working with one hand and shortbow needs 2.

Thief/Engineer: Got their pistols so that's fine.

Ranger: Throwing axes in this case.

Elementalist: Fire from the hands probably (which I wish I could do right now without damn weapons)

Mesmer: Special case. No weapon. You actually play as if you're defenseless and the person actually carrying the body is your mirage/illusion/clone. You need to keep the enemies looking at you as your clone heads to the safe zone.

Necromancer: Turn them into a minion. This would make the dead person get some attacks of their own, but with a short duration. About 10 seconds to get to a safe spot before turning back to a rotting corpse. If you get there in time and don't want to wait the 10 seconds, the Necromancer would just sacrifice the body killing them on the spot and then can do some reviving.

There are already ways to pull a downed player away, the shout search and rescue of the Ranger and the transfusion trait of the Necromancer work like this.I don't think making reviving dead players "easier" would be very useful. If anything, dead players should understand that they are out of the fight when they die, even allowing rez in combat is a bad idea that promotes lazy behavior.

I believe it would be too complicated to implement such a solution, since it would need to take into account too many cases and conditions (PvP, PvE certain cases, not all, WvW, fractals,....).Aside of that, I voted "no". To my eyes, that's part of the difficulty - and a logic penalty - that people who die in a fight cannot easily stand up again straight there. The group should be working well enough together to revive its members. Don't forget that there are also professions with revival skills.At the end, although it is of course not nice, to struggle at returning to fight after death, with the risk for an entire party to be wiped out, is part of the game. When it happens, the group has to change its strategy and return into the fight with a different approach. That's how we learn getting better and manage hard stuff.

Sorry, I can imagine that my way to see it will not be appreciated. That's only my very personal opinion. :)

@maddoctor.2738 said:There are already ways to pull a downed player away, the shout search and rescue of the Ranger and the transfusion trait of the Necromancer work like this.I don't think making reviving dead players "easier" would be very useful. If anything, dead players should understand that they are out of the fight when they die, even allowing rez in combat is a bad idea that promotes lazy behavior.

Not every ranger uses search and rescue. Me specifically because mine is condi. And when I was Druid I didn’t use that feature.

However, ranger does have the elite skill to instant revive. But once it’s used you have a 2 min cool down. And when a player dies fully before the cooldown is recharged, it’s over.

Yes I do understand players need to know they got to stay alive more often. But what you gonna do if they still die in that situation? Nothing. We look at a dead body with less help.

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I believe it would be too complicated to implement such a solution, since it would need to take into account too many cases and conditions (PvP, PvE certain cases, not all, WvW, fractals,....).Aside of that, I voted "no". To my eyes, that's part of the difficulty - and a logic penalty - that people who die in a fight cannot easily stand up again straight there. The group should be working well enough together to revive its members. Don't forget that there are also professions with revival skills.At the end, although it is of course not nice, to struggle at returning to fight after death, with the risk for an entire party to be wiped out, is part of the game. When it happens, the group has to change its strategy and return into the fight with a different approach. That's how we learn getting better and manage hard stuff.

Sorry, I can imagine that my way to see it will not be appreciated. That's only my very personal opinion. :)

It’s fine. You opinion is appreciated. However I did say only during pve. Dungeons, and fractals. It would be as simple as the devs would disable gliding in jumping puzzles. Just disable when doing pvp, wvw and raiding.

Yes I do agree that in those three parts of the game that type of method would make the game very stressful. Just thinking about that in raiding just seems heart attack.

I personally would like to see a passive "Ressurection signet" added to every profession in the game, similar to racial abilities, from back in GW1. All it would do is pull a full dead or downed player to you and have you start immediately reviving them... and would have a very long (240s maybe?) cooldown, or only recharge after a certain condition is met. Maybe the passive for it being slotted on your bar as a signet would be something like increased revive speed, which of course you lose when you start reviving. This would make it still only really useful out of combat, just like reviving someone normally, but allows the option in such situations where one player messed up and died in a mob and the other players reset out of the fight to pick him up.

@Dawdler.8521 said:No, I dont think carrying them is a very good idea. It would make you slow and unable to fight.

Now, kicking them to safety I could get behind. Much more effective and leaves both hands free for weapons.

You just want a punting animation....I might think that's funny. :p

Though, I could see a dead-hauling thing going in a worse direction. Possibly even having players troll the defeated by moving them into more dangerous places as encouragement to waypoint.

@blambidy.3216 said:Yes I do understand players need to know they got to stay alive more often. But what you gonna do if they still die in that situation? Nothing. We look at a dead body with less help.

You GG and restart the fight with a full team and try this time to learn the mechanics.Pulling the boss aside so you can revive the dead is a tactic that shouldn't even be available in the game. It leads to lazy and bad players that do not care to learn how to play or how the encounters work, since the penalty for being dead is so minimal.Taking a boss to a corner, so your allies can revive the dead, at least takes some skill and effort, and it's not possible on all cases. Now you want to go even further, you want to instead move the dead to a corner to revive them safely AND (that's the icing to the cake) not even require a specific skill or trait to do it.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:There are already ways to pull a downed player away, the shout search and rescue of the Ranger and the transfusion trait of the Necromancer work like this.I don't think making reviving dead players "easier" would be very useful. If anything, dead players should understand that they are out of the fight when they die, even allowing rez in combat is a bad idea that promotes lazy behavior.

What if the dead player wants to WP, wants to so s/he can rejoin the fight, but can't? Isn't that rude to them?

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:There are already ways to pull a
downed
player away, the shout search and rescue of the Ranger and the transfusion trait of the Necromancer work like this.I don't think making reviving dead players "easier" would be very useful. If anything, dead players should understand that they are out of the fight when they die, even allowing rez in combat is a bad idea that promotes lazy behavior.

What if the dead player wants to WP, wants to so s/he can rejoin the fight, but can't? Isn't that rude to them?

No it's not. Back at release they allowed waypointing in dungeons for dead players. It led to naked rushes until the boss died.There was a very good reason they changed that horrible idea, and they haven't used waypoints in instanced content ever since.

Archived