MAT meta, predictions from masterminds were correct once again

Ntastan.7509

Were they?

Burn DH is just over-performing for the general population.

I have not really seen a connection between MATs and seasonal conquest in terms of problematic metas because the majority of players who do seasons do not perform at the winner's level at MATs, and consequently do not tend to use the same strats (nor coordination).

I reckon that there are actually 2 metas, the seasonal conquest general player without coordination, and the MAT coordinated team metas.

For the solo, perhaps DUO player, DH is quite effective.

Guardian is pretty versatile, and if traps are too much, their role can change easily.

Using the MATs for determining the outcome for a seasonal meta is like comparing strategies of the NBA to a pickup basketball game at the local gym.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Were they?

I have not really seen a connection between MATs and seasonal conquest in terms of problematic metas because the majority of players who do seasons do not perform at the winner's level at MATs, and consequently do not tend to use the same strats (nor coordination).

I reckon that there are actually 2 metas, the seasonal conquest general player without coordination, and the MAT coordinated team metas.

Guardian is pretty versatile, and if traps are too much, their role can change easily.

Using the MATs for determining the outcome for a seasonal meta is like comparing strategies of the NBA to a pickup basketball game at the local gym.

Totally agree, MAT and ranked are very different.

@Crozame.4098 said:

The real difference lies within communication factor.

Some builds are good in low communication factor ranked solo/duo, then some builds are good in high communication factor MAT teams on voice coms. Believe it or not it has less to do with low/mid/high tier differences in skill, and more to do with the difference in how solo no voice com is played vs. 5 man on voice coms.

A couple good examples:

• A side node bunker is strong in solo when the teams he is against are not in voice coms and people are not orchestrating immediate +ing to get him off nodes. But a side node bunker can rarely do its job in 5 man organized voice com play because players either ignore him and force him to leave the side node and go to the other two nodes so his team isn't being 5v4d, and when he goes to normal team fights, bunkers deal bad damage and their sustain doesn't count for much.
  • A Power Herald in solo is mediocre because he rarely has supports that are wise enough to fuel him and players aren't coordinating combat engagements with him. But a Power Herald in organized 5 man voice coms is debatably the strongest class/build in the game. This is mainly because of its ability to frequently shift targets and actually get to the new target very quickly with teleports. With organized communication during targeting shifting/team damage burst, Power Herald secures the mark better than any other class in the game, but this mechanic it possesses is only truly useful when his entire team is in communication with each other.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Some builds are good in low communication factor ranked solo/duo, then some builds are good in high communication factor MAT teams on voice coms. Believe it or not it has less to do with low/mid/high tier differences in skill, and more to do with the difference in how solo no voice com is played vs. 5 man on voice coms.

A couple good examples:
  • A side node bunker is strong in solo when the teams he is against are not in voice coms and people are not orchestrating immediate +ing to get him off nodes. But a side node bunker can rarely do its job in 5 man organized voice com play because players either ignore him and force him to leave the side node and go to the other two nodes so his team isn't being 5v4d, and when he goes to normal team fights, bunkers deal bad damage and their sustain doesn't count for much.
  • A Power Herald in solo is mediocre because he rarely has supports that are wise enough to fuel him and players aren't coordinating combat engagements with him. But a Power Herald in organized 5 man voice coms is debatably the strongest class/build in the game. This is mainly because of its ability to frequently shift targets and actually get to the new target very quickly with teleports. With organized communication during targeting shifting/team damage burst, Power Herald secures the mark better than any other class in the game, but this mechanic it possesses is only truly useful when his entire team is in communication with each other.

I said I agree... Whats your point?

@Crozame.4098 said:

A couple good examples:

It's just discussion my good bro.

Not everything in the forum needs to be an argument.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

A couple good examples:

Well, have you tried to make sense with ppl who tunnel vision on nodes~ Just passing when you just need a tiny help to avoid death and maybe make a kill~ Many ppl in sPvP hold very strong beliefs even they are silver or gold~

@Crozame.4098 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Were they?

A couple good examples:

Well, have you tried to make sense with ppl who tunnel vision on nodes~ Just passing when you just need a tiny help to avoid death and maybe make a kill~ Many ppl in sPvP hold very strong beliefs even they are silver or gold~

Honestly, I find that people are receptive to discussion about their decision making when they are out of a match. But if you try to say anything to them in match, they always take it the wrong way. Even if they don't get raged and even if they accept you're right, it somehow effects their overall morale and they begin to perform like garbage. Lately I just don't say anything at all in matches with PUGs, outside of tossing around general info like: "Target the glass cannon weaver. He is easiest to kill and most dangerous if ignored" or "Let's do 1 home, 3 push far, let me troll mid alone to buy you all time" and then I hope they listen. But I never call a person out directly or comment on a previous action that has already happened. It only makes the quality of their performance worse in 9/10 situations.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:But I never call a person out directly or comment on a previous action that has already happened. It only makes the quality of their performance worse in 9/10 situations.

I've been on both ends of this phenomenon, and I wish I could more definitively theorize why this happens. The best I can come up with is - even when I fully understand the pointer being given to me and it's presented civilly and I receive it civilly - there must be some form of self-consciousness that inserts itself into my gameplay. Whatever was pointed out is probably one of those things that I don't normally do (or feel confident doing), but now I might be stretching myself a bit too often to attempt it. The reverse could also be true, I could be attempting not to do something that I habitually do, and it just breaks up my natural gameplay. While that 'natural gameplay' might not be optimal overall, it's likely the best I'm capable of in the short term, and attempts to change it mid-match probably end up with terrible results.