Elonian Humans thoughts on other races?

Hairball.8029

From what I've seen, it seems to be curiosity, mostly. Tyrians haven't been showing any hostility to Elonians thus far - living Elonians outside the Mordant Crescent, anyway - so they probably feel they have nothing to feel threatened over. For those Elonians that are opposed to Joko, Tyrians are a counterbalancing power against Joko, and for those that support Joko... well, due to the warnings of the Order of Shadowss, we've largely avoided openly fighting Awakened thus far in such regions and focused on fighting the Branded and Forged.

"For the last time, I am not a grouchy cactus man. Nor am I a giant talking choya. You urchins have the manners of a fifthborn."~ Canach, Small Victory (Epilogue)

I think this quote about sums it up nicely. The few other races are merely civilian scientists or researches, and innocent ones at that. Hardly the sort of people to leave a negitive impact, like the Inquest or Nightmare Court.

Playing as a non-human and talking to some key NPCs (Gorea Halfcut, Redeemer Kossan, and possibly a few others) will note that you aren't human in their initial exchange, but will generally treat you the same as if you were human. Let's face it, Elona at the time we visit it has bigger problems to worry about; when a strange being starts fighting alongside them, most people aren't going to question it. In fact, I think it's only the children who ever expressly gather around the other races and ask them any questions.

And, for the sake of completion, there's an ogre kraal moved closer to the abandoned Zephyrite camp that has a few human refugees in it, and neither are fighting each other, so it seems they see the Branded and Forged as greater threats. The desert is a harsh environment, even in the best circumstances, so why turn away an ally when there's a bigger threat looming just above the next dune?

@ugrakarma.9416 said:In Elon Riverlands, they put adventurers of various races seeking the "ascencion," I believe it was a way of illustrating that Elona was not 100% isolated, it is not said how long there are adventurers from other places visiting there.

The implication I've had is that Amnoon has always been 'open for business' (after Zhaitan's defeat opened up the sea route, anyway...), but it wasn't possible to go past the Bone Wall. To be honest, in fact, I was surprised at how easy it was to get through the Bone Wall. Would have expected the first time to involve a mission to assault the gate, find an unguarded weakness or side gate, or something along those lines, rather than simply riding straight through the front door.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:In Elon Riverlands, they put adventurers of various races seeking the "ascencion," I believe it was a way of illustrating that Elona was not 100% isolated, it is not said how long there are adventurers from other places visiting there.

The Followers are said to have been out there for 'months', so not too long, in the grand scheme of things.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

To be honest, in fact, I was surprised at how easy it was to get through the Bone Wall. Would have expected the first time to involve a mission to assault the gate, find an unguarded weakness or side gate, or something along those lines, rather than simply riding straight through the front door.

Doubly so, considering that there is an unguarded zone portal further east that's indicated to be the route of all the refugees we've been helping. With a choice between that, and walking up to knock at the gate...

@Westenev.5289 said:"For the last time, I am not a grouchy cactus man. Nor am I a giant talking choya. You urchins have the manners of a fifthborn."~ Canach, Small Victory (Epilogue)

I think this quote about sums it up nicely. The few other races are merely civilian scientists or researches, and innocent ones at that. Hardly the sort of people to leave a negitive impact, like the Inquest or Nightmare Court.

How many generations of sylvari are there now?

I do hoping to see other kind of nations/clans/tribues/something from our 5 races, just like Kryta, Ascalon, Cantha and Elona.We'll prob see a new and different norn Groups as higher up we go to the Far Shiverpeaks, I'm sure- along with the Flame Legion Charrs.

I doubt we'll be seeing much in the way of living norn in the Far Shiverpeaks. Everything north of our maps has been swallowed up by Jormag, and any norn left up there will be icebrood by now. Some might have ended up further west, though, in the Woodland Cascades- the Fractals picked the Mossman up from somewhere, after all. I also wouldn't mind another lost branch of asura that haven't vanished without a trace, or a different tree of sylvari, Blood or Ash charr... ANet has possibilities to work with.

@Westenev.5289 said:"For the last time, I am not a grouchy cactus man. Nor am I a giant talking choya. You urchins have the manners of a fifthborn."~ Canach, Small Victory (Epilogue)

M character should have nodded empathically behind Canachs back when the urchins thought he was a grouchy cactus man. there are enough Cacti with really small spikes, that descriotion would have fit him perfectly. :)

I would not be terribly surprised to find hospitable people there. Folks compromising of herders and gatherers are known to be hospitable, especially nomads and their descendants.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:The order of whispers has been in and out of Elona prior to Path of Fire, and the order consists of all the races. So, it would be safe to assume that Elona has seen the other Tyrian races, wouldn’t it?

Not necessarily. There's a good chance that nonhuman agents generally stayed out of Elona due to being more conspicuous.

Archived