Overland.

First I have to say who ever it was at A-Net who programmed and animated the raptor mount are genius, they are so excellent. Because of the Raptor overland adventuring has become a dream and brought new life to the game.I use to be a map completionism, but since the birth of the raptor mount I have become a adventurer. Just this one addition has turned the game gain up to 10.A big up for the dev's you outdone yourselves. My raptor has become my side-kick in the game I would love to be able to name him/her.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's the aforementioned Guild Chat video:

So, they went for, or planned it to do exactly what has impressed me so much. It wasn't just a accident. I have seen some of the other mounts Wizz by in the game but never had a chance to check them out properly. They all look excellent, even the bunny.

Like the raptor when it see something juicy to eat , it strains its neck round on the reins to eyeball it's dinner and it's so convincing. That convincing you physically feel those reins pull to one side as the raptor starts to stray from it's forward path. its not just the best mount I have ever seen, but it is also the best I have ever rode in a game.

You can really tell that mounts were designed to be more than just a speedboost from the start. Not only are the animations great but each one changes how your character moves and is controlled. Sometimes I just run around in circles (especially while waiting for an event) because using a mount is enjoyable and intuitive. Of course the raptor will have a bigger turn radius. Of course the skimmer will slide down certain inclines. Or course the griffon and skyscale will open their wings a bit during a fall.

Sure technically they do fit the speedboost role but there's a lot more there than animating a run cycle and calling it a day.

There's a reason why so many people who are indifferent to (or even dislike) GW2 talk about the mounts fondly.

@Redfeather.6401 said:It is a good system to get people to go back and re-explore old zones.

Spot on. Since winning my mount I have found places I have never bother going before. No longer do you feel bogged down, mounts are the key to your freedom and I likes it.

Oh and there's tagging along with a group and mount zerging. Now that is tops.

@Joote.4081 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:It is a good system to get people to go back and re-explore old zones.

Spot on. Since winning my mount I have found places I have never bother going before. No longer do you feel bogged down, mounts are the key to your freedom and I likes it.

With jackal you can find highways made of sand in the skys above crystal desert. Spooky and cool.

@Joote.4081 said:Like the raptor when it see something juicy to eat , it strains its neck round on the reins to eyeball it's dinner and it's so convincing. That convincing you physically feel those reins pull to one side as the raptor starts to stray from it's forward path.

I never considered this to be the reason for that action. I always thought that the raptor was sight-seeing!

@Joote.4081 said:I thought I would explore the path of fire content today. I don't know what is going on but it was pretty well deserted. I think I only seen 2 other players in about 3 hours. Where do they all hang out?

Nowhere. Path of Fire has less repeatble content so unless a daily is in the area, Path of Fire maps are often quieter than other areas of the game. At best Amnoon will have a fair number of people as there is a bounty board there, a race and a meta event cycles through it

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Joote.4081 said:I thought I would explore the path of fire content today. I don't know what is going on but it was pretty well deserted. I think I only seen 2 other players in about 3 hours. Where do they all hang out?

Nowhere. Path of Fire has less repeatble content so unless a daily is in the area, Path of Fire maps are often quieter than other areas of the game. At best Amnoon will have a fair number of people as there is a bounty board there, a race and a meta event cycles through it

I did find this mysterious place in the heart of the desert called 'PageNotFound4973'It's a big map or maps. It's going to take a while to cover it all.