My Mac experience.

Like everyone else I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since beta on my Mac, love this game. Was devastated when they said they were canceling it for the Mac. So like everyone else I was scrambling trying to figure out how I was going to play this game on my Mac. The first thing I tried was GeForce Nvidia now my experience with that was not the best, I just did not like the way it performed. I'm running on a 2019 5K iMac. And with GeForce now I had to run everything on low and it just looked terrible so I scrap that. The next thing I did was I found this thing on the net called shadow PC where are you could play the game in the cloud on your own PC that's in the cloud. So I signed up for shadow PC it was like a month waiting list for them to set your PC up so in the meantime I installed windows in Boot Camp. Let me just tell you from the get-go I'm not a big fan of Boot Camp because I don't like having to reboot my computer so that's a turn off right there, but I want to find the best way to play Guild Wars 2. So what I did is I didn't want to install windows on my computers Hard drive. So I went and bought an a 512 SSD drive to install windows on.The process was pretty straightforward I found a video on YouTube that I followed I had it done in a couple hours, I went to Microsoft website and downloaded a copy of windows I figured I could just keep on playing Guild Wars 2 and never have to register it because that's the only thing I planned on doing. Playing the game in Boot Camp it's just like playing on a Windows machine it work great but there I was again not wanting to have to reboot every time I played the game. I found myself playing less than less because I didn't wanna have to reboot.And then I get an email last week telling me my Shadow PC is ready to go and I can log into it. I went to shadow PCs website and download it all the stuff I needed for my computer and login. My first impressions of Shadow PC was wow this is pretty cool I have a full-blown PC on my Mac and it's running really really good so I went and downloaded Guild Wars 2 onto my Shadow PC and set everything up I was getting between 50 and 60 frames per second and my lag was really really low probably about 90 to 100 and it was really really a great experience. The only downside I see is it cost $14.99 a month for me it's not a big deal I'm an older gentleman and $14.99 a month not a big deal. But the plus if I could play any PC game I want, I need to go to Steam and try some other games and see how they perform. I was just messing around a little bit this morning and downloaded the Shadow PC app for my iPhone and it was pretty cool I was playing Guild Wars 2 on my iPhone 11 I could not believe it. So if you guys don't mind spending $14.99 a month I think you should try shadow PC it'll open up all kinds of PC apps for you anything you want. I think I'm gonna stay with shadow PC for now because I really like the way it runs for $14.99 a month I think it's a pretty good deal for what you can do with it .I hope this helps.

@Soul.2710 said:Have You tried geforce service to compare it? for me it's a little bit hard because unstable connection but it's possible.

that's literally the first thing the OP tried according to their post. that's how they ended up with bootcamp windows and then later on, shadow pc.

according to the OP the experience wasn't really good:

@MikeS.3607 said:Like everyone else I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since beta on my Mac, love this game. Was devastated when they said they were canceling it for the Mac. So like everyone else I was scrambling trying to figure out how I was going to play this game on my Mac. The first thing I tried was GeForce Nvidia now my experience with that was not the best, I just did not like the way it performed. I'm running on a 2019 5K iMac. And with GeForce now I had to run everything on low and it just looked terrible so I scrap that.

Yeaah... about low settings I get it, completely not my experience - got everything on high and ultra. I'm really interested in connection. According to Shadow PC website they provide service with less restrictive connection recommendations I'm wondering is this true