Why does nobody join for whisper of jormag?

This gives a mastery point for icebrood saga. I have a druid with ascended healing armour and meta build, waited more than 30min in lfg and nobody joined in the end.Something needs to be done about group content in this game.Why do people need to join a discord, put an api key, and then get pinged endlessly for mostly experiencd groups or stuff that fills too fast? this is not a healthy way to get people to play these raids. I wish gw2 had a matched finder like other games, at least you would GET a party.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of it is that you can join all strikes via the portal in Eye of the North and not have to go through LFG at all. If you haven't tried that yet, that may be worth a shot just to see what happens.

There's also the issue that Whisper is known to be buggy and one of the worst strikes for finding a competent group (the worst being Boneskinner) which cuts down on the number who are interested in it or willing to PUG someone when there's a guildmate or someone trusted knows someone else who can fill that role in 5 minutes.

LFG does need an overhaul, though, with more attention brought to it since a lot of people don't know it's there.

@vicky.9751 said:This gives a mastery point for icebrood saga. I have a druid with ascended healing armour and meta build, waited more than 30min in lfg and nobody joined in the end.

I short, you have never actually done this fight. Having a meta build and ascended armor means nothing if you can't play the build.

The actual issue you are encountering though is not understanding/knowing how players behave when using the LFG, which in turn signals most experienced players to stay away from your LFG (more on that below).

@vicky.9751 said:Something needs to be done about group content in this game.Why do people need to join a discord, put an api key, and then get pinged endlessly for mostly experiencd groups or stuff that fills too fast? this is not a healthy way to get people to play these raids.

So on the one hand you are complaining about groups filling to fast, meanwhile also complaining about groups not filling at all. Take a moment to consider why this might be the case:

• players often avoid joining "empty" squads. Reason is simple: why be one of the players who waits for the squad to fill up, when you can just join a nearly full squad?
  • WoJ and Boneskinner are considered more difficult strikes. Unless one of these strikes is daily, many players will only run them as part of a full run while also getting the daily

So in short: either run WoJ when it is daily, or make a full clear group. Alternatively befriend other players as to be able to not start at 1/10 squad size and just fill up or join a already formed group. This is group content after all, in a MMORPG.

@vicky.9751 said:I wish gw2 had a matched finder like other games, at least you would GET a party.

The irony here: strikes HAVE am auto grouping tool (it's called joining a public strike instead of private). No one uses it DUE to the disastrous results those party/player setups provide. That should make you stop and think for a moment. Also strikes are not raids.

@"vicky.9751"
In eu you have no problem to find ppl for woj/boneskiner around 14:00-23:00 cet

Something needs to be done about group content in this game.
ppl need ajust squad roles to make run most effective, not most fastAlso Casuals need start do thay squads not waiting till someone make it
Why do people need to join a discord, put an api key, and then get pinged endlessly for mostly experiencd groups or stuff that fills too fast? this is not a healthy way to get people to play these raids. I wish gw2 had a matched finder like other games, at least you would GET a party.

They no need, i run 0li squads and do them 1-2 try

When i create squad i usualy run :

pt1: hfb,alac,bs,dps,dpspt2: hscrap,hscourge,dps,dps,cqfb

->hscrap is heal carry that you need in not much experienced teams that can stabile heal keeping whole 10ppl alive, also his protection do -40% dmg (5% more), and can redirect flat 35% dmg for duration of 4s when using bulwark gyro, on boneskineer he can boon tons of superspeed, and rotate projectile block with alac, same as take 35% dmg when boss jump on team, also have 2-3 skills that give stab to teamhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PezAo6JlNwcYesKWKeyTftLA-zRZYQhDfMaQEqBNUGVXAhnA6MLtvZB-e

->hscorge have wurm that "block" bubles on 25% of hp boss, tons of barriers, and can "grab" person to him in order to ress, but not have that much healing like scrapper, and same lake boonshttps://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/scourge/heal/

->cqfb is dps(75%) that buff quickness and aegis also might and furyhttps://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/guardian/firebrand/condition%20quickness/

druid is not much recomended cuz he do much less healing, what is bit much needed as woj/bone do alot aoe and puls dmg, but can be taken if you got much more experienced team insted of scrapper for spotter, and dmg boost from spirits

even with random ppl that do 10-15k dps, with that comp i do woj/boneskineer first try

@Tyncale.1629 said:Strikes are a bust, only a few hardcore peeps fell for them, and now they have been elitized, like mini-raids. ( Li-nonsense and exclusion of classes included)

That happens because the majority of the playerbase is incredible bad at creating decent builds. There is a very high chance that someone without kp or li will do 3-4k dps while pretending to be dps.no class is excluded but most selfish builds are. those have no value in a grp.

wow as a commander, i have whole diferent experience then all of you thenhave anyone of you tried create squad? and what server you play eu or na?

like i siad in eu when i create squad with 0 li i have no problem to do them in 1-2 trys and i play as heal scrapper/ 31k dps holo

and team usualy is full in 3-5min

i also command forged steel with 2-3 cms witchout any kp/li requirment, and not failed it even once

Do it when it's daily. Woj and Bone are a bit harder but especially Woj is doable with most pug groups. Depending on who you get, it might take a few tries. I've gotten through it with all sorts of players but if you have a guild or friends it will be easier if you have 5 decent players that can avoid mechanics and still do their job. It's only the last 25 % that can get hectic, the boss will throw a bunch of mechanics and pug people tend to scatter and possibly down all over the place while you still need to group for the green ball. HSc is really useful here for ranged ress and the wurm cheese and can make this fight easy mode.

Mechanics that you need to worry about.Icicle attack that targets everyone. Can be eaten but does nice dmg so should be dodged. The dodge is a bit tricky because the attack comes with just a little bit of delay compared to the circle telegraph. Now perfectly everyone should dodge this and not delay dps. But if people are not confident in dodging they should make sure that the red circles don't overlap so they don't eat several icicles. What pug people tend to do here is run like crazy to the edge of the arena and then fail to dodge and get downed. If you are getting downed by this attack you might as well get downed somewhere close to the others.

After 75 % he will chain one (or 2?) of the players. Other players should not cross the chain as it does big dmg. So people should not run around and beware of the chains (both the chained player and the rest).

Green ball/circle. Does big dmg to one person. Dmg is shared between players in a circle so as much as possible should stack in the circle. This attack happens after he teleports to the edge of arena before the last 25 % and is not an issue because at that time the other big attacks are on pause. The last 25% can become a problem if people run all over the place.

Last 25 % he will summon a barrage of slow-moving balls that shoot out of him to the edges. You need to move out of their way. In combination with other attacks, this is the pug killer. People tend to panic here, scatter all over the place, waste dodges and forget about other mechanics and get downed all over the place. The point is you don't need to run around as much as most people do. The attack is indicated by red arrows. You only need to move a little back, out of melee because at melee you will eat the orbs as they spawn. They shoot out in a predictable line indicated by the arrow so just make sure you are out of the line and make sure you don't get killed by other mechanics.

tl;dr: Don't run around like a headless chicken.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Tyncale.1629 said:Strikes are a bust, only a few hardcore peeps fell for them, and now they have been elitized, like mini-raids. ( Li-nonsense and exclusion of classes included)

That happens because the majority of the playerbase is incredible bad at creating decent builds. There is a very high chance that someone without kp or li will do 3-4k dps while pretending to be dps.no class is excluded but most selfish builds are. those have no value in a grp.

Not all. Players just don't like raids. Never should have been introduced to game to satisfy a small group of vocal players.

This game is a bit controversial, from one side you start with nice "new" way how to do quests (live events/meta events) it's by most part casual but you got satisfaction , after few raids worth of people accomplish some maps meta.On other side, you face KP/LI/whatever requirements to do some daily "quest".I think best bet is to just ignore that game-mode as whole, also i was very disappointed when ALL my personal story consisted of these "strike missions" .

There is no incentive to do it when it isn't a daily for the general playerbase. The only groups that tend to do it right after weekly reset want a fast clear because those people are likely raiders just trying to get their weekly content done.

If you haven't done it before I would suggest you check some guides on how to do it instead of going in blindly. There's a few on youtube that explain it rather well, for example on metabattle or Mukluk's youtube channel there's a guide "Whisper of Jormag made easy".

For WoJ I have found the best overall build for it is condi scourge with a wurm, because people can't seem to get the last 25% right if you don't "cheese it" with the wurm blocking strategy. Heal tempest and heal druid tend to be better for this as they have further ranged heals , there is not much reason to run heal firebrand over condi firebrand or power quickbrand, or even seize the moment chronomancer if you have a person that can actually play it properly in LFG. The heal demand isn't very high either unless people are standing in the hitbox there's players chaining people.

The wurm strategy is illustrated by Lucky Noobs' content creator flaschorLP here:

@"Ragazm.6018" said:This game is a bit controversial, from one side you start with nice "new" way how to do quests (live events/meta events) it's by most part casual but you got satisfaction , after few raids worth of people accomplish some maps meta.On other side, you face KP/LI/whatever requirements to do some daily "quest".I think best bet is to just ignore that game-mode as whole, also i was very disappointed when ALL my personal story consisted of these "strike missions" .

True !If you take as an example this reddit post:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ln64ji/minirant_to_people_doing_strike_missions/gnz6mov/?context=3 , you can clearly see that the 2 opposites parts of the community don't like to be in the same room .

They should focus on creating 3x Raids (with the difficult of Wing 5) and an optional F1 skill (last 15 sec , 45 sec cd -something short like training pets) that when enabled "musical chairs" , a sequence of attacks of a Metabuild rotation build (and a small pseudo-timer , to give them the urgency to push as fast as possible the buttons) , for more rewards .edit2:The F1 sequence can be macro-ed to a mouse , for people that have problem with their fingers . Push 1>Push2>etcUsing the the Switch Weapon Mechanic or Utility skill 7(just like the sea Piano) , to progress the rotation .

edit : The F1 button can be enchanced/reset for the whole Raid , from a player with 100 KP(ahaaah) , where he wont benefit from Protection+ other defensive Boons +takes 20% more damage - 20% healing , in order the other team members to pick up the slack and use the mechanic (or he might die and will be shamed by the others , for being himself a dead weight)

1500 Raiders x 30 euros , i believe can cover the cost of 3-4 Raids (which regardless of how easy/hard they will be ,most people won't do them).And a follow up thread saying : "We are sorry we tried" , at the start of next year

@"vicky.9751" said:This gives a mastery point for icebrood saga. I have a druid with ascended healing armour and meta build, waited more than 30min in lfg and nobody joined in the end.Something needs to be done about group content in this game.Why do people need to join a discord, put an api key, and then get pinged endlessly for mostly experiencd groups or stuff that fills too fast? this is not a healthy way to get people to play these raids. I wish gw2 had a matched finder like other games, at least you would GET a party.The low-effort "open world pve" population in this game actively rebels against any content that has a fail condition. Doesn't even have to be hard. Just needs to have a reasonable chance at failure. People wouldn't touch Octovine if it failed 2 out of 5 times.Why run WoJ and potentially fail when you can run Tarir for zero effort and give 5 to 6 times the rewards?Why run in a 10 person group where your lack of skill can be exposed by your inability to work the chain mechanic, when you can take your Rabid Longbow Soulbeast into a Drizzlewood zerg and autoattack for 5 times the loot and no one will say a word?@"Ragazm.6018" said:I think best bet is to just ignore that game-mode as whole, also i was very disappointed when ALL my personal story consisted of these "strike missions" .There are zero story steps that require Strike participation.At no point did your personal story consist of Strikes.No one's did.