Squad label [suggestion]

Be able to label your squad so players can know what squad they are in or the purpose of the squad (for example).Have the label of the be clearly visible next to commander icon in all parts of the the game (mini-map, squad ui, lfg, where ever).

Commanders are already able to set a squad message which will be shown to everyone when they join the squad (like the guild message of the day showing up when you log in or change guilds). I don't think it gets used very often (I think most commanders assume you wouldn't have joined if you didn't know what they were doing) but for example I often see Dragon's Stand squads using it before the event starts, when all 3 commanders will be bunched up at the starting point, or moving around preparing for the event and it can be hard to tell who is going to which lane.

They can also broadcast messages either to the whole squad or to one group which will only show up once but appear in the middle of the screen as well as in the chat box. I mainly see that one used for things you really don't want people to miss, like when to stop attacking something to let other groups catch up. I've also seen it used in Dragon's Stand to let everyone know if they're assigned to the boss or the outer circle during the Blighting Tree phase.

And in LFG there's already the option for anyone to type a message to say what you're doing, as well as picking the relevant category.

Often suggested this for WvW as that is the only place where the purpose of the tag isnt always obvious and the assumption of other players on what it is just cause complaints. Multiple tags are currently taboo for this reason and colors just arent enough. In PvE the tags are very predictable depending on location and map.

Which is why you're never going to see this QoL. Not enough of a concern in PvE.