NVidia GeForce Now — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

NVidia GeForce Now

Is it ok to use this program to play Guild Wars 2? I've just been seeing people getting banned for using it on Reddit, and I use it occasionally when I don't have the game installed.

For those who don't know, it is a legit program from NVidia that allows you to play games over a cloud streaming service. The games on there have to be approved by their publisher, so ArenaNet have, quite recenetly, allowed Guild Wars 2 to be played over the service, but are now randomly banning people for using it.

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/121605/an-update-on-mac-support-for-guild-wars-2#latest

"...users can still play Guild Wars 2 using the Nvidia GeForce Now service while streaming over the Internet. Moreover, we are interested in feedback from all of our players about such services."

• I haven't had any problems as long as my signal stays good. I think bad signals mixed with GeForce now make the server believe you're trying to force rollbacks or something.

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭✭

I used it last summer. They blocked my account for it and then unlocked it when I filed a support ticket. (Turnaround time: less than a day.)

This is annoying but I estimate the risk of any lasting impact to your account is very low.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

In case anone is still thinking this isn't a big deal, That_shaman just had his accounts suspended for using Geforce Now.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is he supposed to get special treatment?

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@ASP.8093 said:
    I used it last summer. They blocked my account for it and then unlocked it when I filed a support ticket. (Turnaround time: less than a day.)

This is annoying but I estimate the risk of any lasting impact to your account is very low.

Did you have to file with anon ticket or were you able to login to the website and do it that way?

Friend of mine just had their account locked because of use with Exitlag (at least it's 90% looking cuz of this). They had the lock on their alt account, so they tried to login to the site and got account locked for security purposes, so they filed the ticket on their main account and they locked their main account too LOL

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'll assume the announcement is now seen by all, but just in case
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124678/information-about-erroneous-account-suspensions

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021

Legit accounts are being banned while hackers and trolls (portal trolls and chest trolls) are allowed to run free and do what they want for years despite being report hundreds of times. Nice.

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vegeta.2563 said:
    Did you have to file with anon ticket or were you able to login to the website and do it that way?

I forget, but I think it was an anon ticket because my e-mail was also really outdated by then.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021

I'm still using GeForce/NIVIDIA, but I did get snagged in the recent ban wave. It took me a little over twelve hours to be unsuspended. Fair warning to those not yet hit.

"Every little bit of good I may do, let me do it now for I may not come this way again." — David Gemmell