If we get GS

Lonewolf Kai.3682

If we end up getting a GS for the next elite, how would you want it to work?

Personally, I’m hoping for a trident treatment where the effects change depending on the legend you use. Also, I’d love to see it as a hybrid weapon in every sense of the word. Hybrid stats with power/condi. Hybrid functionality with offense and defense, ala ranger GS, along with melee and ranged skills. And hybrid animations where we hold the weapon similar to Balthazar and some of the skills where it hovers around on its own and some where we hold it with both hands, such as the melee skills.

Anyways, just some thoughts off the top of my head. What’s your thoughts on it?

*Please keep this civil. If you don’t want GS, that’s fine but don’t derail and turn this thread into a debate on why you think we shouldn’t get GS. That’s not what this thread is about.

I want it to be on the same level as Ranger Greatsword in terms of mobility and utility.Revenant has been shackled to Shiro for too long, and any option available to not run Shiro for mobility reasons is a good thing.

Autos don't need to be ultra fancy, but would be nice if it were mid ranged instead of pure melee or ranged.Needs to have 1 crippling skillNeeds to have 1 Gap closeNeeds to have 1 Riposte

@The Boz.2038 said:I'd want it to not be Yet Another Power Greatsword.

I rather not have another condi set.We already have a few Condi sets, but still only dual swords for Revenant.Hammer is in an infinite state of disrepair, and Staff got shafted for competitive.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Yes, some people actually play Condition Berserker and use the Torch.

...An the fun thing is that you can find way more Guardians using the torch (at bot PvE and PvP/roaming) than Warriors using those torches, despite a new weapon is supposed to be one on the pinnacles of a new spec. Hear: I'm not entirely opposed to off hand weapons, as long as they make also a mainhand to increase the variety and to prevent a weapon to become 5 useless slots and entirely unused, as happens with the hammer.

If is not a gs I would like to see an axe + mace or axe + focus combo. And about the role, I would like to see a tank/bruiser (preferably hybrid) or a power dps with mobility + blocks or mobility + cc.

@Buran.3796 said:...An the fun thing is that you can find way more Guardians using the torch (at bot PvE and PvP/roaming) than Warriors using those torches, despite a new weapon is supposed to be one on the pinnacles of a new spec.Guardian's Torch is the optimal offhand for Firebrand's Axe on a condition build and Arenanet made sure every type of Firebrand is played way more often than any type of Warrior.Given those two facts, I'm not surprised that anyone would see more Guardian Torches than Berserker Torches.

@"Buran.3796" said:Also, releasing only a off-hand weapon is problematic, because a lot of them end cornered. Does any Warrior players use the torch?

Torch is strong on both Berserker and Scourge.

Now, Herald was released with a shield and I can understand that you have doubt about an Off-Hand weapon due to it's usefulness. However, it's not because Herald shield's skills are poorly designed that Torch would necessarily have skills poorly designed.

If anything torch is a weapon which fit easily with thematics associated to "legends". Because Legend can easily be guide, people that brought the warmth of fire to it's kin, burned with passion or thew the world in the fire of war. Torch represent both fire and light, both of these elements can easily fit within a character's legend (be it a vilain or a hero, a scourge or a guide).

It would be REALLY weird to have more offhand weapons than main 1H weapons so I'm doubtful we will get another offhand.

I'll take a GS on Revenant. I wouldn't be unhappy with a 2H option for DPS or even condi. I wouldn't be unhappy with a 1H ranged weapon either. Those things would fill some gaps I think.

I would be pleasantly surprised if GS worked like Reaper but then again, that could be trash depending on what the traitline would be.

As long as we are dreaming here:

chained #1 with might or condi procsome interrupt/blindsome ranged attack with chill/slowsome leap/stepsome 'special' linked to theme of the spec

@Virdo.1540 said:id like it to be some kind of power weapon like the Necro axe (ranged ,but not high ranged)... doesnt have to be gs tho

I rather they change Shortbow to better siege with (increase the range alittle) and then rework Hammer to fulfil the mid-ranged combat niche.And at the same time give Hammer some self-peeling or self preservation tools.

@Obtena.7952 said:It would be REALLY weird to have more offhand weapons than main 1H weapons so I'm doubtful we will get another offhand.

I'll take a GS on Revenant. I wouldn't be unhappy with a 2H option for DPS or even condi. I wouldn't be unhappy with a 1H ranged weapon either. Those things would fill some gaps I think.

I would be pleasantly surprised if GS worked like Reaper but then again, that could be trash depending on what the traitline would be.

As long as we are dreaming here:

chained #1 with might or condi procsome interrupt/blindsome ranged attack with chill/slowsome leap/stepsome 'special' linked to theme of the spec

I wouldn’t mind seeing a ranged offhand myself, but I agree with you. I doubt we’ll see another off hand only. If we do get another off hand, it’ll be paired up with something, like scepter and focus. I’d be okay with that too if both were at least ranged.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have a CC heavy great word that has some nice AoE attached to it.Similar to hammer but not full ranged but rather conal midrange cleave with about 600 range.

Synergy with current traits would be nice, like adding some chill for possible torment application from abyssal chill, some weakness application to benefit from retribution traits etc.