Canthan Expansion When?

April shouldn't be an option at all.

Champions , Chapter 3 Balance is launching next week March 9, 2021.Champions, Chapter 4 Judgment is likely to launch sometime in April 2021.

The earliest it could be is May/June 2021. If it's past June then they might as well delay it to the anniversary of the game which is August 28. HoT was released October 23 and POF was September 22. Major releases occurred in Q3 such as commander tags (September 2014 Feature Pack) and build templates (October 29, 2019).

Keep in mind in South Korea a fiscal year is based on the calendar year while in the US it starts on October 1st and ends September 30th.

It'll probably be in September or October just like the last two expansions. Games generally don't do summer releases lightly because its bad for business, usually in the summer the last thing people are doing is playing games.

Though that might be different in the current world, given the restrictions on going out.

@Hannelore.8153 said:It'll probably be in September or October just like the last two expansions. Games generally don't do summer releases lightly because its bad for business, usually in the summer the last thing people are doing is playing games.

Though that might be different in the current world, given the restrictions on going out.

Hmm, you might be right, we shall see.

@Sombra.3246 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:When it's Ready!

Hopefully sooner than later.

on the contrary, let's hope as late as possibleIt would be just a shame if they released an extension with the POF level. This extension must give pve (open map AND raid / strike), pvp(new mode) and wvw (new map/alliance) content otherwise it will not give new life to this gameso they must take their time even if it must arrive in more than 1 year

i would really hope that since the last episode will be released in april, then the actual expac won't be many months after it, hopefully July.But i also prefer to hope for it to be delayed so probably september-october 2021.also question, because i don't remember, how much time passed between the last episode of a living world season and the expac after it? Just to have an idea on how they have done it before.

@coso.9173 said:i would really hope that since the last episode will be released in april, then the actual expac won't be many months after it, hopefully July.But i also prefer to hope for it to be delayed so probably september-october 2021.also question, because i don't remember, how much time passed between the last episode of a living world season and the expac after it? Just to have an idea on how they have done it before.

Re: how much time from episode to Expansions

January 2015 Point of No Return , June 23, 2015 trait revamps --> October 23, 2015 Heart of Thorns = about 4 monthsJuly 25, 2017 One Path Ends --> September 22, 2017 Path of Fire = about 2 months

I would say roughly one fiscal quarter (~3 months)?

@Infusion.7149 said:

@coso.9173 said:i would really hope that since the last episode will be released in april, then the actual expac won't be many months after it, hopefully July.But i also prefer to hope for it to be delayed so probably september-october 2021.also question, because i don't remember, how much time passed between the last episode of a living world season and the expac after it? Just to have an idea on how they have done it before.

Re: how much time from episode to Expansions

January 2015
Point of No Return
, June 23, 2015 trait revamps --> October 23, 2015 Heart of Thorns = about 4 monthsJuly 25, 2017
One Path Ends
--> September 22, 2017 Path of Fire = about 3 months

I would say roughly one fiscal quarter (~3 months)?

July to September is just two months (in fact, the release was a little less than 2 months).

Icebrood Saga won't even have finished in April and they've done almost no promotion or told us anything about it so I think that's too early. At the earliest I'd expect the promotion and maybe pre-purchase to start in April.

July also seems a bit early. I suppose they could do a big announcement as soon as Icebrood Saga ends and a few weeks of promotion then release, but I'll be surprised if it's that early, plus as other people have said summer releases aren't that common. September or October seems more likely to me, especially since that's the time GW2, HoT and PoF were released. (The base game technically came out in August, but right at the end of the month.)

@Danikat.8537 said:Icebrood Saga won't even have finished in April and they've done almost no promotion or told us anything about it so I think that's too early. At the earliest I'd expect the promotion and maybe pre-purchase to start in April.

July also seems a bit early. I suppose they could do a big announcement as soon as Icebrood Saga ends and a few weeks of promotion then release, but I'll be surprised if it's that early, plus as other people have said summer releases aren't that common. September or October seems more likely to me, especially since that's the time GW2, HoT and PoF were released. (The base game technically came out in August, but right at the end of the month.)

Are we expecting another release after the finale stated to release in April?