Issue with DRM rewards + dragon boon

Firebeard.1746

It just really hurts basically getting no prismaticite from masteries when you finally go back into them after taking a break.

I've noticed once you lose your boon of the dragon champion between missions, it's very common that you don't have even the boon from the current DRM by the time the boss is dead because of how long some of the boss fights are + the adds don't always drop the boon. So basically on the first run after taking any break on a given character yields almost no prismaticite, which is kind of a big deal. I don't like the impact of how the boons are designed on how I play my characters. I'm all but shelving my main at this point because I'm using it for DRMs. That feels awful.

The essence buff, which is what collecting the orbs from fallen enemies give, doesn't contribute credit towards the extra prismaticite. You can also start the instance with 30 min of this buff if you still have the boon from completing a DRM of that type (Primordus or Jormag). The boon is what you get after completing a DRM of a given type and this persists after leaving the instance. This boon lasts for an hour and is what contributes towards getting credit for the extra prismaticite.

The thing that I dislike is that if you normally run these for the prismaticite crystals, you're stuck using that character just for that otherwise you'll have to do extra DRMs to make up for the lost prismaticite crystals.

Yeah, 1 hour feels much too short for the boon. It kind of makes me feel forced to play another DRM after completing the previous one in order to make the boon worthwhile. My main is parked in the Eye of the North exclusively to do DRMs and the Champions story because of this reason.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:The thing that I dislike is that if you normally run these for the prismaticite crystals, you're stuck using that character just for that otherwise you'll have to do extra DRMs to make up for the lost prismaticite crystals.

This, exactly. It's bad design when you do your "daily routine" on only one character, which I assume most people do.

Yeah, I made a suggestion here some time back that these should be account wide boons. It actively discourages character swapping e.g. to/from alac/heal/DPS, which is definitely a bad thing.

I know food and utilities are already character based, but at least you are able to consume on an alt. There is no way of getting the prismaticite buff on different character without doing one or both types of DRM again.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The essence buff, which is what collecting the orbs from fallen enemies give, doesn't contribute credit towards the extra prismaticite. You can also start the instance with 30 min of this buff if you still have the boon from completing a DRM of that type (Primordus or Jormag). The boon is what you get after completing a DRM of a given type and this persists after leaving the instance. This boon lasts for an hour and is what contributes towards getting credit for the extra prismaticite.

The thing that I dislike is that if you normally run these for the prismaticite crystals, you're stuck using that character just for that otherwise you'll have to do extra DRMs to make up for the lost prismaticite crystals.

Geez. One mastery says any boon, so I assumed you could still get the one if you somehow stacked enough from the trash. But the opposing dragon boon giving the extra pretty much locked me in to alternating the two types every day. But not being able to get the one, even if you're crazy about stacking orbs is so much worse.

I hope they do extend it with one of the last two masteries since it looks like those collecting all of the weapons will be doing so into next year if they want to complete the achievements.

As I don’t feel like spending the time every day doing these into next year, I’m just going to buy the ingots instead. Hopefully things get better for those that choose to farm them.