Can you loot from BL chest skins for a mount type you havent unlocked yet ?

Just wondering because I cant decide if I should invest in black lion keys because I need some statues for a few weapon skins that may be released again later and eventually get the skyscale skin at the same time (a mount that i havent unllocke yet but Im trying to). Or save and buy it directly as I dont know if black lions chest may eventually forbid you or restrain the loot for a skin designed for mount I dont have yet. I dont know if my question is clear, but I may have to rewrite it. Thanks if you can answer me.

The only thing you can't get from black lion chests is account bound rewards you've already got. So you can't get two skyscale skins or two cloud chairs, but everything else is available even if it's useless for you.

(Also you can occasionally get two identical mount skins, if it's not set up to unlock it in the wardrobe as it comes out the chest and you're 'lucky' enough to get a second one before unlocking it. When that happened to me I contacted Support and they swapped one for a gold black lion key - effectively another go at the chest.)

• 2 weeks later...