What potential upcoming feature are you most excited about?

Loboling.5293

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the above.Option 1 Just becuse we had it in GW1 (For PvP reasons) does not mean we need it in GW2 for PvE Reasons.Option 2 Yes Underwater combat could use some love. But a whole expansion to it i don't see that happening? if a DSD patch comes it will likely occur in undersea caverns with some swimming between them.Option 3 heck no the Duel me spam in games with his makes you want to rip people thoughts out.Option 4 what? why would anybody want this?

@dusanyu.4057 said:None of the above.Option 1 Just becuse we had it in GW1 (For PvP reasons) does not mean we need it in GW2 for PvE Reasons.Option 2 heck no the Duel me spam in games with his makes you want to rip people thoughts out.Option 3 what? why would anybody want this?

So there is nothing you're hoping they will add to the game? Please specify. Also, I made a seperate poll with the other option embedded. Feel free to move to that one.

One of my favorite things coming to GW2 was that underwater combat was different. I wasn't just swinging a sword and using the same weapons/abilities that I was using on ground. It really made GW2 unique. I really wish anet would make an effort to redo the underwater skills so people can stop hating underwater combat so much. I also hope that if/when they do this it also comes with an underwater mount that can make traversing underwater areas a little faster than swimming.

(Also, just a nudge, the title should be "What upcoming features would you be most excited about?" As it is now, it implies that the thread is about promised features, not potential suggested ones)

Build saver is a massive QoL improvement. As much as I want underwater content improvements, precisely no other feature could improve the game more for than a quick switch, even in open world. I want to be able to play Daredevil and then Deadeye without the need to manually switch everything.

@Loboling.5293 said:

@dusanyu.4057 said:None of the above.Option 1 Just becuse we had it in GW1 (For PvP reasons) does not mean we need it in GW2 for PvE Reasons.Option 2 heck no the Duel me spam in games with his makes you want to rip people thoughts out.Option 3 what? why would anybody want this?

So there is nothing you're hoping they will add to the game? Please specify. Also, I made a seperate poll with the other option embedded. Feel free to move to that one.

More content! more stuff to kill! oh and bring back Kill the guild lord and Hold the flag stand style GvG

@dusanyu.4057 said:None of the above.Option 1 Just becuse we had it in GW1 (For PvP reasons) does not mean we need it in GW2 for PvE Reasons.Option 2 Yes Underwater combat could use some love. But a whole expansion to it i don't see that happening? if a DSD patch comes it will likely occur in undersea caverns with some swimming between them.Option 3 heck no the Duel me spam in games with his makes you want to rip people thoughts out.Option 4 what? why would anybody want this?

I would! I don't care about guild halls. Give me something else to build up like my own home =)

"This is to help guide A-Net to develop sections of the game most players want."

It's not to be misleading, but if enough players want it (like mounts) it'll happen. So don't think about what A-NEt is working on, and just think of what you want.

Also, I heard a horrible rumor they are working on player housing for the next expansion. So I wanted to make a thread for people to show A-Net what they want to come to the game.

Crosspost from the other thread.

• BUILD MANAGEMENT : Something which will bring a great QoL improvement, and also would be needed by every single player. It should be disabled in WvW, obviously ( or with a in base buff needed ), but even so it would be really appreciated.

• UNDERWATER COMBAT : Nope. They shouldn't focus on underwater combat cause it sucks. And also thinking about ad underwater expansion makes me sick. Underwater exploration could be a thing, but a very small part of the game. Hope they will never pur any resource into underwater combat developing again.

• DUELING : Senseless to me. SPvP has stats balancing issues, and even so the unbalance is limited by

1. The absence of many sigils and runes
  2. Consumables
  3. Lower stats on necks and defined combinations.
  4. Some modifies to skills

Dueling with PvE equip would be senseless for the duel itself, so even though players could enjoy something like that, i see no reasons to work on this.

• HOUSING : Many players would like something like this, but also many wouldn't.Put it as a DLC would not be the right choice, but through the Gemstore could be ok.Imagine a full box of housing Starter pack worth 3k gems. You could buy it for 35$ or with golds, and the people who really wanted housing will have em by supporting ANET.

What i mean is that players who wants housing have to pay for it. Not the others.So the next expansions should be only meant to be expansions ( and not half expansion and half housing dlc ).

Definitley the first choice.And for other, i simply want the possibility to not drop runes from Copper Salvage Kit.

First of, the title is (as others have mentioned) misleading. It implies these changes are guranteed to happen and they are not. It is a wishlist of hopes and dreams. Not something we are sure to get.

That aside. I would like the underwater combat system rewamped so people would actually like it and so we could get more underwater content (maybe not an entire expansion dedicated to it though).As for build templates and player housing..... kinda indifferent. Wouldn't mind it, not something I yearn for.Dueling is a thing I definitely do NOT want in the game. IF it absolutely had to it better stay within pvp areas.

They really need to disable the poll function on this forum. It seems the recent trend when starting a discussion is to add a poll to it. Oddly enough polls were discouraged in the old forum. All these poll threads don't accomplish much of anything and ends up with a thread like this where people post, "This is to help guide A-Net to develop sections of the game most players want," and then add heavily biased poll options. I seriously doubt Anet is going to look at the results of this poll, or all the others similar to it, to decide what to develop next.

@Cirrion.8951 said:Build Management and Underwater combat would be great, but I can't see an overhaul of underwater content coming outside of an expansion that focuses on that. It wouldn't make sense to redo underwater combat without any high-level underwater content.

A living story episode could focus on underwater content and it would be enough to warrant it, at least I feel so.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

• UNDERWATER COMBAT : Nope. They shouldn't focus on underwater combat cause it sucks. And also thinking about ad underwater expansion makes me sick. Underwater exploration could be a thing, but a very small part of the game. Hope they will never pur any resource into underwater combat developing again.

Wouldn't the point of changing it be so that it DOESN'T suck anymore? I really don't understand the whole "don't improve this because it sucks" mentality that people have around underwater combat.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:They really need to disable the poll function on this forum. It seems the recent trend when starting a discussion is to add a poll to it. Oddly enough polls were discouraged in the old forum. All these poll threads don't accomplish much of anything and ends up with a thread like this where people post, "This is to help guide A-Net to develop sections of the game most players want," and then add heavily biased poll options. I seriously doubt Anet is going to look at the results of this poll, or all the others similar to it, to decide what to develop next.

I thought polls were fine, petitions weren't? Anet always seemed to like polls afaik. Regardless, one will be prob be deleted since there are 2 open on the same subject

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:They really need to disable the poll function on this forum. It seems the recent trend when starting a discussion is to add a poll to it. Oddly enough polls were discouraged in the old forum. All these poll threads don't accomplish much of anything and ends up with a thread like this where people post, "This is to help guide A-Net to develop sections of the game most players want," and then add heavily biased poll options. I seriously doubt Anet is going to look at the results of this poll, or all the others similar to it, to decide what to develop next.

I'd love your advice on a less biased poll. I don't see a problem with players discussing things they would like added to the game. Please give me some ideas. If everyone puts in some effort, I'm sure we can make the next expansion even better than the previous two.

Archived