Ping spikes

Hi all,

Since January I have a lot of problems with my connection in GW2. I get a lot of ping spikes and lags all the time, sometimes more severe than other times but its always there. It made the game unplayable for me. Sometimes I disconnect as well. When I do some online internet speed tests, the connection appears to be stable with a low ping. I don't play any other online games on this PC, but on my Xbox (that uses the same connection), I don't have any problems. Before January, the performance in GW2 seemed to be just fine.

Does anyone have an idea on how to find the cause of the problem? Much appreciated.

hello , i've been getting the same problem and i have been playing gw2 for 6 years now but when i came back i've been getting an average of 800-2k ping. and i know about the moving to the amazon server but is Anet doing anything for us that is outside NA to ATLEAST able to play the game? thanks in advance.

I honestly have been affected by this as well, but I've been looking at the wrong place as I approached Anet and my ISP, with both side's support checking and has given me the same answer: "Our end has no issue", so this makes sense, as Amazon servers are between Anet and my ISP and they are the one dropping out. Anet needs to address this, I recently came back and wanted to teach raids again but with this, I am not able to do so and has come across as fraudulent from the trainees in my guild. I am not happy.